Alien 5 Reborn : Teaser trailer 8/1/07

Started by Plokoon111, Jul 29, 2007, 05:30:37 AM

Author
Alien 5 Reborn : Teaser trailer 8/1/07 (Read 12,626 times)

CelticP

So....why are you even making movies? I mean most people who make movies kinda want to be a movie director in the future....

I know some people start off not really caring, but sorta grow into it later on, James Cameron was a truck driver before he became a director...

Plokoon111

Al I want is some support, some help at least, with effects, and voices.

CelticP

But thats not the problem with the film. Effects arent going to make the sets look better, they arent going to fix the dodgy camera....see what im saying? Try doing some Stop Motion stuff...and you do know you erase a tape right? Do that, and redo the movie.  Im sure you can find some paint lying around, paint the sets, find some lamps, mabye get better toys, because they look broken....

We ARE helping, this is what I was hoping you wouldnt do, no need to get pissy, no one is flameing you at all...

SM

SM

QuoteAl I want is some support, some help at least, with effects, and voices.

What kind of effects?  It'd be mighty hard to comp effects onto that shaky camera work.  As you seem to have discovered.  How did you do the screen?

QuoteAnd my main video camara LCD screen dont work, its blank, so I cant put it on auto focas.

Doesn't it have a viewfinder?  i made an action figure flick 10 years ago with an old 8mm video camera and that had a switch between manual and auto focus.

And there's no reason you can't be a sparky and make films.  I make films, but it's not what I do for a living.

Plokoon111

The other thread was flamapolooza. Maybe I will re do the set, and the begining scene. Im not spending money, but maybe  I will redo some of the scenes, its just that I recorded everything, music, effects, editing, and i dont want to go and do that again. Im just hoping that next time with my next toy project I WILL deffently paint the sets, and there WILL be an improvement. Right now this is ind of like a trial and error kind of movie. Im plobally not gona edit it and release it as planned, and see what you guys think of the rest of the movie.

SM

SM

Well there you go.  You have learned something.

Just hope it doesn't start and end with painting sets.

Alienseseses

Quote from: CelticP on Aug 01, 2007, 01:20:56 AM
Dude, not everyone is going it. SM is right on the money, im sorry, but if the rest of the film is like that, then it wont be that great.
Heres 2 little action figure films I have done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd5lDS6im4

Sure the voices suck...and its not the greatest thing, but I dig it...I really like the lighting effects I did, im very proud of that. And I USED what I had, I bought nothing.

This one isnt done yet, I just wanted to post a kinda preview....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZBAufpawU

And if making movies is what you want to do, then your parents SHOULD support that. Regardless what you use.

The Saw one is good.

CelticP

Thankie.

Plokoon111

I just dont want to go into stop motion, Rarely if I do, but only for hard shots, and hard to move things, like a chest burster for example. Yes the sets do suck bad. I wish I could go back a week later re design them.

SM

SM

Stop motion is extremely tedious.  Avoid it if possible.

CelticP

But the end result is so rewarding....

Plokoon111

^ You got a point there Celtic. I saw that they used stop motion in aliens for the queen and Ripley, accept for the close ups. Pretty crazy, it just depends how realistic looking it is.

SM

SM

QuoteBut the end result is so rewarding....

It can be.  It can also be heartbreaking spending hours to churn out a couple of seconds that look all jerky and horrible.  Really depends on what hardware and software you have and Plokoon appears to be lacking in both.

Plokoon111

hey hey now, the effects are done with gif's and vegas croping, and other brightness effects. Right now im making the trailer.

CelticP

Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2007, 02:53:13 AM
QuoteBut the end result is so rewarding....

It can be.  It can also be heartbreaking spending hours to churn out a couple of seconds that look all jerky and horrible.  Really depends on what hardware and software you have and Plokoon appears to be lacking in both.
All I do is "Snap a pic" "move" and repeat. Take the 500 pics, import them to Windows movie maker, save that as a WMV, bring it into Adobe Premiere, and speed it up. Works fo me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed