boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL

Started by m138jewski, Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM

Author
boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL (Read 27,332 times)

SiL

Robert Rodriguez said his movies usually get around openings of $20 million. Don't see this movie breakin' the mould :P

bleau

Quote from: SiL on Jun 22, 2010, 07:50:27 AM
Robert Rodriguez said his movies usually get around openings of $20 million. Don't see this movie breakin' the mould :P

Yeah, but once more people know about it, plus there has got to be a lot of fans out there wanting to see it. We'll see though in time, you could be right.

EEV-2501

Probably around 40 millions domestic and approximatively 90-100 millions international.

BWHuntress

I hate to walk the doomsayer side of the fence.. but I don't expect the movie to do well.

Not because I think its going to be bad - but because there is like ZERO advertising/backing for the film.  Just don't think there's enough awareness beyond hardcore fans who follow sites like this one for the movie to do well. 

And great actors or not... great actors don't ensure a box-office hit. 

mrblack

Don't really care for the box office

Wheather this movie is bad or good

I will own this on DVD because it part of the series , I sure it will be a great movie beside me and my friends planning to see this a few times

No matter what critics say or box office record do this movie will always be part of the series and Im pretty sure everybody on this site doesn't really care about the box office , it's a fans movie

Can't wait hurrrrrrrrrrrrry upppppppppppppppppppp JULY 8

Reborn

^JUULLLYY 9TH!!!!!!

WHHHHHYYYY!!!!!

m138jewski

I'm surprised at the amount of skeptics. there hasn't been much in the way of advertising (not near enough imo) but this is the type of movie that people like us are telling everyone about. And if you look at comments on youtube and various other sites, there are alot of people very excited about this. I think (hope) the skeptics will be proven very wrong

TheMonolith

Box office means nothing to the future of a film. Some great films were busts when they first came out. The Right Stuff, Vertigo, Apocalypse Now, Wizard of Oz, Tremors, Raging Bull, I could go on and on.
The movie could only make five dollars, but if it delivers the promise it has made by holding the predator name, I will be more than happy.

TheMonolith

It did a little bit over breaking even, so was, while not a bomb, not a spectacular success.

Tangakkai

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 22, 2010, 01:52:21 AM
Don't laugh at those numbers just yet guys, somehow i have the feeling we're in for a bad surprise box office wise, regardless if the movie is good or not.

Somehow I cannot help but have the same feeling you have.

No decent marketing from Fox, no Late Night Show from CBS or anything that had an Actor like Brody or Fishburne  talk about the movie... nothing!

Generally I think the film will do more or less "ok" in USA but very very bad overseas.

Reaper Pred

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 22, 2010, 06:09:03 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 22, 2010, 01:52:21 AM
Don't laugh at those numbers just yet guys, somehow i have the feeling we're in for a bad surprise box office wise, regardless if the movie is good or not.

Somehow I cannot help but have the same feeling you have.

No decent marketing from Fox, no Late Night Show from CBS or anything that had an Actor like Brody or Fishburne  talk about the movie... nothing!

Generally I think the film will do more or less "ok" in USA but very very bad overseas.
I just have The Opposite feeling!

Tangakkai

You mean not so good in the USA but doing well overseas or generally opposite in the way of "it will do great anyway" ?  ;)

Reaper Pred

I mean a good box office response!
Both domestic and overseas!...

Tangakkai

Well I hope you are right and I'm wrong  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed