Improvements over the Predalien's design

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 01:20:26 PM

Author
Improvements over the Predalien's design (Read 60,227 times)

SM

QuoteOr just take the ends and stick them into the back of the head, so it just looks like the creature has more bio-mech tubes on the side of its head. It'd still have enough of a visual "relationship" to the dreads, without making it look... Well, silly.

If they must persist with the dopey things then have them like tubes like you said, but connect the ends into the middle of the upper back.

chupacabras acheronsis

like the ones that come from the lower jaws and end in the shoulders?

SM

Possibly.  Though I was thinking a bit looser and away from the head, rather than stuck to the head.

Wouldn't make a shred of sense, but might look cool.

psychonaut25

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 04, 2010, 01:20:26 PM
http://www.brandfurysf.com/store/images/products/PredAlien_facepage.jpg
Personally I find the Predalien's design good. Not perfect, but really good. It's sort of threatening. I would simply remove some of the dreadlocks, remove the underdome skull and colour it more darkly, as well as change a bit the mandibles and how they are positioned.

And you? What would you change to improve the Predalien?

The one beautiful thing about Xenomorphs is that none of them have a fixed configuration even within the same species.  Ignoring the Predalien designs that the Brothers didn't choose in the preproduction of AvP-R my favorites would be the Predalien from BG-386 and the Predaliens with the Predatory response and Digestive byte from LV-742.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2011, 11:27:08 PM
Which is what it should be.

The AvPR dreads were the worst I'd seen on a PredAlien design. Having them go back with the shape of the head works; having them flop down the sides like pigtails looked retarded.

One of the things I liked about the Predaliens of LV-742 is that the dreads look more like quills, if I write a story about them I would make them quills with some sort of Xenomorph venom in them.

Snowdog

Far from perfect but still kinda nice though.

Ghostface

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 11, 2011, 10:16:13 PM
Far from perfect but still kinda nice though.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqducgbXUb1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

About 1000x better than chet. Nice work.

Sexy Poot

What keeps it from being perfect? Looks solid to me.

Snowdog

The dreads seem kinda odd. But on the other hand they look mechanical so i can live with that. I dunno. Would love to see this in a movie though.

Ghostface

I like those dreads, although I'd prefer moar head

AlexVelez

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed