Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 173,443 times)

3volved

Quote from: predalien27 on Feb 14, 2010, 01:43:20 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 14, 2010, 01:28:22 AM
I do have one question, Eric.

I notice in the demo, if the Predator sets a mine, they disappear if that player dies. I find this extremely irritating especially when I've set up over 5. Will this be changed at tall?
This question reminede me of another question;
Eric, or anyone else that can answer this;
What is the max # of mines I can lay down in multiplayer?

Im almost 100 percent sure u can only place 4 dude.. the first one you placed blows up after that

Valheru

Quote from: Sbm76 on Feb 13, 2010, 01:26:13 PM
Quote from: Sso02V on Feb 13, 2010, 09:42:33 AM
It's all kinds of devious fun to smash the lights in multiplayer, but going around to all of them can get a bit tedious, especially when after all of your hard work, nobody even comes into that area. Do any levels have a centralized power generator that can be damaged to temporarily disable all lights (maybe even Predator power stations) simultaneously? If not, is that something that could possibly work in DLC?

Sounds like a cool idea for DLC, a bit like a variant of domination. Aliens destroy the power generator, and marines have to repair it to get light back.

I think this is a great idea for another MP game type, I would like to hear Rebellion/Trigger's thoughts on this  :)

Quote from: sirdeath66 on Feb 13, 2010, 08:57:45 AM
Hi Eric and fellow avp fans

I have been around since the early days, when gaming all started. This means I am old :)  Ok here goes:

Will there be bots available in all the multiplayer matches, and not only in survivor mode? I for one don't always want to be killed by the 14 yr old, who plays 24/7, thus becomes a master at it, I work for a living :) Before all the boooohoo replies comes pouring in, here me out. Sometimes I too want too feel like a alien or predator god, with bots I can set up the match the way I want to play that particular evening. Thus getting more fun out of the game. This in a way prolongs the singleplayer adventure for me. I do like a mp evening as well, but not all the time. Sometimes after a heavy days work, i just want to kick butt, on my own.

Maybe this is my opinion only, but I really feel you Rebbelion/Sega will create a much bigger lifespan for this game, by adding bots into all multiplayer maps.

I also agree here, it would also be great for people that either have a slow connection or no internet at all as not everyone has access to the web...it could also add another element to LAN matches, group of you team up and play against the bots. It would really extend the lifespan of the game for a lot of people.

I'd say it's far to late with the game coming out in four more days but would it be a possibility for a patch in the future Rebellion/Trigger?

Cheers!

Valheru

DamianPage

I pulled an all nighter last night with the demo!

It is unplayable in a full game. And most of the time kicks people.

Servers are lame. Need a lot of work. I dont believe this game is capable of playing more than 8 players at all to be honest!

What are you guys doing to fix this. Ive asked this question 3 times already.

IF you dont believe there is an issue I could start collecting gamertags of people who believe differently.

On a lighter note I played the demo all night becouse I love it!

Dajanksta

Quote from: DamianPage on Feb 14, 2010, 08:39:23 AM

Servers are lame. Need a lot of work. I dont believe this game is capable of playing more than 8 players at all to be honest!

IF you dont believe there is an issue I could start collecting gamertags of people who believe differently.

weird I played all night and didn't get kicked from one game... ???

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Is mulitplayer going to have a  display for who is talking when you're in the middle of a match? I would really like to be able to see who I'm talking to. Also is there going to be a pop up of a players gamertag while playing? I would also like to know who I am seeing. It's alot harder to strategize and work as a team when I don't know who the hell I'm hunting or talking to.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Dajanksta on Feb 14, 2010, 11:26:45 AM
Quote from: DamianPage on Feb 14, 2010, 08:39:23 AM

weird I played all night and didn't get kicked from one game... ???

It all depends on the host-player: if he stays, the game survives, if he leaves, the lobby is being migrated, resulting in a disconnection about 90% of the time.

Darklarik

Are you considereing a predalien skin in future DLC?

Will the issue of who is talking be solved by showing us his tag?

It seems at times, that without a perfect connection, the block counter dosent work, i sometimes block and still get hit, or sometimes i block, the inmideatly counter with a LA and the enemy isnt stunned while he continues to spam the LA attack.

will the option of letting some player start of with certain weopons be abaileble in a custom game feature?

will the lame Thrower be fixed?

i have a problem that when i do a melle attack it goes into focus mode, and leads to some unessesary focus jump attack. this is troublesome when im like 5 feet away from a player, and what to do a LA instead i do that slow jump attack.

People seem to using the sniper a a carine instead of a sniper, will the reticule be enlagared so that people dont succesfully get a sniper kill at POINT BLANK RANGE?

thats all i can think of now.

Glowing_Amraam

Regarding the chat in-game (pc version obviously):

As it stands now, it's not really easy to "take notice" when someone is typing to you, as there is no sound played when someone says something, and it dissapears rather quickly. Plus its in the bottom left corner.

Will the "chat system" be improved upon release, or at a later date?

bronxsta

bronxsta

Me again

Three questions:
1. Will there be host migration in the game (like MW 2)? It's gets really annoying when the game just ends because the host leaves.
2. If you stay still (like if Im an alien and want to set up an ambush), do you show up on the motion tracker?
3.When you're an Alien, is there a way to drop straight from the ceiling to the floor?

By the way, I'm playing on the PS3

spychi

spychi

Quote from: bronxsta on Feb 14, 2010, 04:42:27 PM

3.When you're an Alien, is there a way to drop straight from the ceiling to the floor?
Space button or 3rd mouse button

Will the maps exclusive in the Collector's Edition will be included in the DLC's for the game?
cause I am not sure which hunter edition I should buy, the one at gram.pl (t-shirt, facehugger, 3 multiplayer skins, normal box? ) or the one at hmv.com (facehugger, hardned box, 3d card, weyland-yutani logo, 4 maps) but with much much longer shipment

Jekku

Does Rebellion/Sega plan to support all three versions (360, PS3, PC) with DLC and patch updates after the release of the game?

nyce

Quote from: bronxsta on Feb 14, 2010, 04:42:27 PM
Me again

Three questions:
1. Will there be host migration in the game (like MW 2)? It's gets really annoying when the game just ends because the host leaves.
2. If you stay still (like if Im an alien and want to set up an ambush), do you show up on the motion tracker?

By the way, I'm playing on the PS3

It's called MOTION tracker for a reason... it tracks MOTIONS.

Question:  Any news about dedicated servers? Even the people from gameserver hosting companies does not receive word on the official SEGA forums. This starts to stink...

firefly101

Thanks for making an updated Game.

Only 2 things I would love to see for us SP guys that cannot play online is

1. AI bots for Marine players so we have buddies to play with us and AI bot addition in general for playing MP by ourselves without killing Internet connections to play online.

2. Give Modding Tools ASAP and allow us to mod what we can to increase life of this game.

If DLC is needed for Bots I am all for it.

DoomRulz

I notice in the demo, if the Predator sets a mine, they disappear if that player dies. I find this extremely irritating especially when I've set up over 5. Will this be changed at tall?

I think that's unlimited. I lay down up to 6 at a time.

VEF214

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 14, 2010, 11:54:41 PM

I think that's unlimited. I lay down up to 6 at a time.

In the 360 version, you can only lay down 5 before they start exploding on their own. Laying down five mines completely depletes your energy if it's full as well, since you have 15 energy bars (correct me if I'm wrong).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed