!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 205,849 times)

Dusk

Dusk

Spoiler
It really makes no sense. These Super Predators are supposed to be steroid up versions of the normal Predators we know, which are already pretty hardcore. In the first Movie, you had a single Predator hunt down to military squads, who were bother trained teams. And all he relied on were his Wristblades, Plasma caster and cloaking device.

Now you've got a hunting party of 3 Super Predators, who hunt a group of 8 individuals, only a few of them who know how to survive in the jungle. Then they use blood hounds and Predator birds to hunt them in order to make the hunt several times easier and hunt them to exhaustion. I liked how the first Predator always gave them a little breathing room to prepare. He could've killed them easily, but he wanted a challenging hunt. Same with the 2nd Pred, he could've killed Harrigan easily, instead he stalked him, mocked him, to increase the potential of the hunt.
[close]

Johnny Handsome

Spoiler
"Think predator gone terribly wrong. A mutated version. No nose. Oversized mandibles, slimy reptilian skin, red eyes full of venom and hate"

Dutch in Predator armour with other Predators together in a ship??

Ohh man, this is going to suck so much ass i could cry, this isnt true, this cant be true, were getting f**ked over again  :'(
[close]

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 11, 2009, 02:30:21 PM
Spoiler
"Think predator gone terribly wrong. A mutated version. No nose. Oversized mandibles, slimy reptilian skin, red eyes full of venom and hate"

Ohh man, this is going to suck so much ass i could cry, this isnt true, this cant be true, were getting f**ked over again  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
I like how it says 'No nose.'

They had noses?

Oh and don't forget dude, Dutch is their leader.
[close]

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 02:24:35 PM
Spoiler
Also? A guy using a sword to chop a Predator in half? What happened to "What kills us just hurts them"? ...Stupid.
[close]

Spoiler
Well, I'd say getting sliced in half should kill anyone. Well, except for Xenomorphs. Damage resistant bastards.
[close]

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 11, 2009, 02:30:21 PM
Spoiler

Ohh man, this is going to suck so much ass i could cry, this isn't true, this cant be true, were getting f**ked over again  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
I like how it says 'No nose.'

They had noses?

Oh and don't forget dude, Dutch is their leader.
[close]

Spoiler
Can you believe that this is actually happening??
I'm waiting for ashton kutscher to come by and show me their camera that the whole thing was a big joke.
This could have been so kick ass, if they wouldn't just shitcan everything that made the Predator so great, i like the Predator vs Predator fight at then end, if only the "classic Predator" would have won.. so even that fight was pointless.
Same problem as in AvP, they are building up the Predators as so badass only to trash them in the last half hour, waste them.
And you're right about the writers whack off, it seems like they want to reinvent the Predator character.. and in the process destroying everything that made it great.
[close]

Aeus

Make sure you use spoiler tags if you're going to talk about the leaked script. Don't forget to put quotes from other posters in spoiler tags, if that quote has spoilers in it.

That's definitely the most times I've said spoilers.  :D

Not that you guys haven't done this already, I just want to clarify this for everybody.

Gotta respect that some people won't be reading this thing like us.

Dusk

Did I forget to add spoiler tags properly? Because I see my post is edited by you. Sorry if I did.

Aeus

Don't worry, Johnny made the same mistake earlier. It doesn't take me long to fix it, it's just I might not see it and people will have their movie ruined.

keylight-di

Guys, it's  not confirmed script.
Maybe it's simply not true?  Maybe they change it? They can't be so stupid, can they? Totally non-canon..., non-logical..., non-...
All this thread it's one big spoiler.  ;)

Dusk

Well, the beginning of the script definitely fits with the destription of the Hawaii shoot. But I seriously hope some things have changed, like the Super Predators.

Dachande

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 02:43:29 PM
Make sure you use spoiler tags if you're going to talk about the leaked script. Don't forget to put quotes from other posters in spoiler tags, if that quote has spoilers in it.

That's definitely the most times I've said spoilers.  :D

Not that you guys haven't done this already, I just want to clarify this for everybody.

Gotta respect that some people won't be reading this thing like us.

TBH Wouldn't it be a better idea to put Spoiler tags in the Thread name? That way people know what to expect.

keylight-di

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 11, 2009, 02:53:46 PM
Well, the beginning of the script definitely fits with the destription of the Hawaii shoot. But I seriously hope some things have changed, like the Super Predators.
The beginning of the script is not bad at all. Worse comes later. :-\

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Its actually pretty kick ass up until the Black super Predator arrives, once you read his description later on you just know its going to look as ridiculous as he is described.

Spoiler
Hell, those aren't even Predators, they are genetically mutated turds that belong in the worst fanfiction of a 12 year old.
Chainsaw plasmacaster?? Its so bad i could puke.
And whats up with the Predator just giving the ship to Royce? So what, he flys to earth, the government takes the ship and has the technology?

[close]

The PredBen

Well I read the whole script. It was ....

Spoiler
I hated the Black Super Predators. They are very weak. Hanzo ( a Yakuza thug ) was able to take one out and they are suppose to be strong? They are weaker then normal Predators. The one good part was the Predator vs. Predator fight but it was quick and the Black Predator won.

PS - I think Dear Mears might be the Black Super Predator. Never once does it say the Black is taller then the Predator. Just more muscular. Maybe the Black Predator is a muscular short guy?
[close]

Pinkman

Yep I must say I am with you here, the last part after the Nolan meeting is seriously a downer, such a shame because before that it was quite excellent. I hope they've rewritten it since, after all it must be the very first draft. Time have passed since mid July. I wouldn't put that much faith in the description of the black super predator either, it's really KNB that will do it.
Spoiler

But aside from those sloppy aspects throughout the ending, I really liked the characters, especially Edwin and Royce. Royce is a f**king bastard, I like that. Isabelle said it all. For once the hero is kinda unlikable, and this edwin is well developped with some twisted and surprisings moments.
[close]

I don't know, the thing has potential if the final part has been polished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed