Is The Queen Dead?

Started by carlp06, Dec 28, 2006, 10:59:56 AM

Do you think the Queen from AvP is dead?

Yes
90 (40.5%)
No
132 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author
Is The Queen Dead? (Read 82,619 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 03, 2015, 02:58:10 AMAvPGalaxy's got galleries guys.  ;)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=235&page=1

A bunch of cool ideas no doubt...surprised the game turned out to be so...vanilla

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really love the idea of the crashed ship hanging in the trees, it's a shame they never got to realise that.

Also, eerie (or not) how the fungal exploding Aliens are so similar to the boilers from ACM.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

AVP2010 could have been so much better, if its release before its time is due to gearbox, then its just another reason to dislike them. I enjoyed avp, it had good animation style though a little too cartoony but thats cell shading for you, the trophy kills and the predator gameplay were all fun but the whole thing just feels so average, so mediocre. There is no emmersion like there was in monolith's game. I never felt like the predator or an Alien when I played as them, the marine campaign was a bit better but only in the beginning.
I miss the original sounds effects too, AVP Gold and the sequel actually used the movie effects, especially for the Predator, the thermal vision, lock on and whenever it got hurt, all from the movie.

To get back on topic, I think the Queen is dead, I mean I doubt it could drown since facehuggers never do but then again, that is them, rules might be a little different for adults. I would say maybe the Queen could have been crushed but not sure how deep the waters are around there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 02, 2015, 08:25:03 PM
Gearbox never worked on AVP 2010.

Funnily enough we talked about this in our podcast that was recorded on Saturday. It was the delays on ACM and the cancellation of Crucible that caused Sega to push AvP for release before it was ready. Rebellion wanted more time to polish but just didn't get it.

And then Sega dropped support. I will always be disappointed they never got the support they needed to make the game as amazing as it could have been.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 03, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
I enjoyed avp, it had good animation style though a little too cartoony but thats cell shading for you,

Which AvP are you talking about? None of the games have had cel shading, to my knowledge.

Though that would be an interesting visual approach if you could get it to match the original Dark Horse comics. AvP 2 had a bit of a comic-bookish look to some of the characters. The Aliens in particular with their solid "blue" and "red" and "bone" motifs.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 18, 2015, 07:33:28 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 03, 2015, 01:21:31 PM
I enjoyed avp, it had good animation style though a little too cartoony but thats cell shading for you,

Which AvP are you talking about? None of the games have had cel shading, to my knowledge.

Though that would be an interesting visual approach if you could get it to match the original Dark Horse comics. AvP 2 had a bit of a comic-bookish look to some of the characters. The Aliens in particular with their solid "blue" and "red" and "bone" motifs.

AVP2010 had some sort of non-"realistic" style I recognize, its in Deus Ex Human Revolution as well, you can always tell because there is always a dark, black or shadow outline around a characters and so on. Its not bad graphics and looks realistic enough its just looks more "animation" than real compared to most other games, yes I think AVP 2 was more cartoony as well, characters look "painted" but none of this ever took away from the game which is good.

It might not be cel shaded then because I know cel shading is usually like comic book style or very cartoony but I thought they could be somewhat realistic too. Hence why I thought AVP and DEHR was using such methods at more realistic qualities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed