Hybrid Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 22, 2006, 12:41:31 PM

Would you like to see more hybrids in AVP2?

No, only Predalien
75 (28.5%)
Yes, there should be more
146 (55.5%)
Never mind!
2 (0.8%)
I dont know
16 (6.1%)
there should be NO hybrid!
24 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Hybrid Aliens (Read 164,975 times)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Yup. Small animals are of no interest to aliens. In ALIEN, Jonesy the cat was left alone, and in ALIEN, the hamsters where left to do their thing.

Now Predators on the other hand, have all sorts of small animal skulls on their necklace.

SiL

SiL

If Eric Red can find a way to make freaking MOSQUITO and CHICKEN Aliens, I'm sure Mr. Salerno can work out a way to have a fwuffy wabbit Awien.

Snore

Snore

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2007, 08:33:39 PM
If Eric Red can find a way to make freaking MOSQUITO and CHICKEN Aliens, I'm sure Mr. Salerno can work out a way to have a fwuffy wabbit Awien.

Yeah, but did you bother to read the rest of Eric Red's script? How the escape shuttle at the end was discovered to be a big alien? I prefer my Aliens in the "not ahead of itself in concept" variety.

SiL

SiL

I'm ashamed to say I read it from beginning to end - Without a doubt one of my more painful experiences.

I think he went more than a little crazy with the concept of airborne Alien spores transforming things into Aliens, including the space station itself.

Radically odd-looking hybrid Aliens - Sheep Aliens with wool, horse Aliens that look like centaurs but with Alien bodies - were a shit, rejected idea in the 80s/90s and they SHOULD be a shit, rejected idea now.

Snore

Snore

Yeah, especially with how Red dealt with the Ripley storyline in one swift sentence before moving on.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2007, 11:06:14 PM
I'm ashamed to say I read it from beginning to end - Without a doubt one of my more painful experiences.

I think he went more than a little crazy with the concept of airborne Alien spores transforming things into Aliens, including the space station itself.

Radically odd-looking hybrid Aliens - Sheep Aliens with wool, horse Aliens that look like centaurs but with Alien bodies - were a shit, rejected idea in the 80s/90s and they SHOULD be a shit, rejected idea now.
Actually, the bit about the airborne spores goes back to the first script written for the movie: William Gibson's Alien III script. That was the one that had Hicks and Bishop in it, had Commies From Outer Space, and wanted to be AliensĀ² but fell even shorter on ideas.

It wasn't as bad as Red's script, but it wasn't all that great, either.

Snore

Snore

Well, at least it was natural in Gibson's version. Red made it a Genetic experiment (I think, the script was really flawed and had awful dialouge).

SiL

SiL

I read Gibson's script too - I've read all of the Alien3 scripts. The one we got was easily the best.

And I know Gibson invented the idea, I was just saying Red went crazy with it when he did his script.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Snore on Jan 14, 2007, 11:23:53 PM
Well, at least it was natural in Gibson's version. Red made it a Genetic experiment.
Actually, having the alien spores as natural would be worse. The aliens didn't turn any of their victims into adult aliens with airborne spores in the previous films.

SiL

SiL

Maybe that's what the Alien was doing when it looked at Jones' box - Trying to turn it into an Alien with its evil Alien breath. :P (Added for clarification)

maledoro

maledoro

I don't think so...

SiL

SiL

I hope you didn't think I was being serious ...

Snore

Snore

Heh, I suddenly just remembered other odd instances from the Gibson and Red scripts.

Like in Red's script, when the Alien goes on a breeding rampage during a "demonstration" in an ampitheatre and manages to completely bypass the Facehugger method. (Summed up with a "IT'S BREEDING ITSELF!" line from the lead.)

Or after the Alien "self bio-upgrade" in Gibson's script, Chestbursters now come in groups of six. Don't know about you guys, but'd be painful even during the gestation time.

SiL

SiL

Peopl think Fox are all about the money - At least they had to sense to realise those ideas were utter bull.

Snore

Snore

Heh, I guess we should move to another post if this particular conversation goes on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed