Aliens vs. Predator Requiem

Started by Alien Warrior, Apr 05, 2009, 11:28:26 PM

is there anybody on this site that actually enjoyed AvP-R...? or am I the only one

Great movie
16 (13.7%)
ok movie
24 (20.5%)
so so movie
19 (16.2%)
bad movie
16 (13.7%)
absolutely terrible
42 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author
Aliens vs. Predator Requiem (Read 19,285 times)

SM

SM

Redundant.

Its Game Time

I believe if they had taken the Gore and the awesome fight sequences from AVP R and put them in AVP (the first one) It would have been a way better movie and we wouldnt have needed AVP R but i did Enjoy AVP R. It could have been better though.

avpmad!

avpmad!

first time i saw it i liked it but after seeing it again i saw all the faults like ppl have said wolf being the worst predator ever, the aliens being stupid and doing nothing and the predalien looking like a large fish, but thats just some reason why the film is shocking

philsaw101134

Just wish the Alien design didn't include transparent cheeks.  :-\

redalert51

redalert51

It was fine more blood and guts. which the previous one lacked. In requiem there was alot of screnes that were redundant such as teen thing etc and the film was so short so we really got was some potentially sh@#t hot Alien and Predator fight scenes that buffered with town folk taking up screen time.........
I have question on a picture of a scene from film t had an Alien on the roof of a car with to unaware victims ?..........

philsaw101134

I love the graveyard scene.
Makes me chuckle every time
:)

Purebreedalien

I loved the debate :D

I hated Requiem. I liked it first time, second time, no way. Absolute crap.

Predalien- crappy design, silly reproduction method
Aliens- weak and crappy designs, not used to full potential
Wolf- Crappy face design, too powerful, like God
Humans- Lame characters, teenagers DO NOT fit in an Alien-Predator movie

DARK, DARK, DARK!

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 13, 2009, 04:27:42 PM

I hated Requiem. I liked it first time, second time, no way. Absolute crap.

Predalien- crappy design, silly reproduction method
Aliens- weak and crappy designs, not used to full potential
Wolf- Crappy face design, too powerful, like God
Humans- Lame characters, teenagers DO NOT fit in an Alien-Predator movie

DARK, DARK, DARK!

Someone is definitely not trying to fit in.

War Wager

War Wager

In it's defense, I do think that Wolf is the best looking Predator we've had.

avpmad!

avpmad!

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 14, 2009, 12:06:48 AM

i thought that wolf did look boss with alll his armour and weapons equipped, shame he couldnt use them

walterf

walterf

I may be in the minority, but I do enjoy AVPR. Do I rank it among the top of the movies from the Pred and Alien franchise? No, of course not, but I think it has a lot of cool stuff going on.

The dark atmosphere, the grit and blood are very cool and add dark urgency that we never had in the first film ... APR just feels more authentic in that regard. I also have to admit, I'm a big Pred fanboy so I'm partial to him and I think the AVPR Pred is one of the coolest Preds we've ever seen and miles better than those clunky looking Preds in the first AVP film.

I also really enjoyed the fight scenes, the action between the creatures alot more ... I just think the movie had a lot more moments to offer that paid homage to the original Alien and Pred movies and gave us what we wanted.

Of course, the bad point of the movie, just as with AVP and most horror or sci-fi movies today is that ... the actors and the characters they portrayed just absolutely blew ... just awful, awful stuff. If they do another Alien, Pred or AVP movie, they better just make sure they write GOOD human characters that are interesting and also get GOOD actors to play them ... If they do that, 80% of the battle is won.

All in all, I don't think either AVP film can hold a candle to the old school Pred or Alien films, but I enjoyed both and I did enjoy AVPR alot more than the first AVP, by a significant margin too.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 14, 2009, 12:06:48 AM
Well i like wolf, they had some very interesting concepts, like the battle scarred face, but in the end of the day i thought it sucked on screen.

I like the shot of wolf on the predator homeworld and on the ship (unrated edition) but at the end it looked bad, it wasn't shot very well in the rooftop scene and of course the usual ADI mandible problem.

This is a very good pic of the face, but for some reason it didn't looked nearly as good in the movie itself, which is a shame. There are still flaws like the painting job on the forehead, its like they went "I can't be bothered to paint his forehead, hey, its doughnut time!!!".

As for the body and gear, they came close but his appearance wasn't nearly as good as in the originals.

Also i don't like that they don't bother to put any slime on the predator face since avp, the first predator was covered in slime and was drooling, which gave the appearance that the thing was actually a nasty living creature.

all in all i would rank wolf as a worthy third place right.. far away from AvP´s design, that's for sure.

philsaw101134

If I want to sit back, watch an entertaining Action/Horror/Sci-Fi movie with no story and cool monsters, I'm pretty likely to put AVPR in the dvd player.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Who's going to watch this movie for Halloween season?

Scree

Scree

I can imagine doing a double feature again with AVP and AVP:R :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed