A Lone Predator?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 16, 2006, 04:17:04 PM

Author
A Lone Predator? (Read 13,007 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd not really heard much about this aspect of AvP2 but I'm quite keen on it. I mean, there obviously wont be too much Predator slaying in this one and I hope we get more intense battles between the Aliens and Predator too.

What are your opinions on this?

Yautja

Yautja

Yeah, in this one im hoping for several intence fight scences between the Alien and Pred, as the only one in AvP was between the Grid Alien and Celtic, which I thought was the only half descent part of the movie.
Im also hoping they fix the Pred's face in this one. I bloody hated the Pred face in AvP. It looked like crap.

DB

DB

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2006, 04:17:04 PMI mean, there obviously wont be too much Predator slaying in this one...

Other than the whole Predator clan ship being taken down by a single Predalien? :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We don't know for certain that that'll be in there.

ian36015

ian36015

Im guessing that the Predalien took down the ship (If its true) is that during a fight, a miss fired plasma cannon hit some Controls and it caused the ship to lose power causeing the ship to crash on earth. With the Cargo hold destroyed or something the eggs/facehuggers got out. Including the Survived Predalien

Darkness

Darkness

I like the idea, I guess. Quality over quantity if they get the predator face designs correct. Hopefully, the Predator should come out a clear winner in this film if there's only one of them.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteQuality over quantity if they get the predator face designs correct. Hopefully, the Predator should come out a clear winner in this film if there's only one of them.

I agree.

QuoteOther than the whole Predator clan ship being taken down by a single Predalien?

Thats fine IMO. They are meant to be brutally strong, like in the comics.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Yautja on Dec 16, 2006, 04:37:59 PM
Im also hoping they fix the Pred's face in this one. I bloody hated the Pred face in AvP. It looked like crap.

Man, your so right. I hate the pu**yface in avp. It just looks like an dump rubber mask. The skin between the mandibles was far too long and didn´t stretch realistic.

Back to the main subject. A lone Predator (which must be a badass (things like that were discussed at imdb as many of you maybe know)) fighting against a pack of Aliens and the Hybrid sounds great. Only drawback is the rest of the cast as far as we know. I´m not very confident how the teenage couples will fit in a movie like that.

Man, give us a AVP movie with less human interference as possible.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteMan, give us a AVP movie with less human interference as possible.

Hell yeah!

DB

DB

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2006, 05:03:57 PM
We don't know for certain that that'll be in there.

Has the lone Predator concept been confirmed already, though? I only heard of it in the AICN review.

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 16, 2006, 05:59:35 PM
Thats fine IMO. They are meant to be brutally strong, like in the comics.

As much as Aliens are powerful, a Predalien taking down a whole clan of Predators, hunters who've been aware of these beings for hundreds of years, who've got visions and plasma guns and who knows what else, by itself seems unlikely, at best. Especially if I'm supposed to believe that Predators are meant to have some degree of competence and intelligence. So much miscare on their part makes the Predators look like fools. But if the Predator fans themselves aren't complaining...

As for the lone Predator, the concept is more than welcome. Particularly if I'm supposed to understand that this Predator is a seasoned warrior even by Predator standards.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I dunno, I suppose we'll just have to see when the film comes out.

wolfboy

wolfboy

If you think about it, a lone predator isn't so different from the first AvP. The first two predators died so quickly, they might as well not have been there.  ::)

On the other hand, with only one predator, that means every alien fight will always end up with the predator winning (except maybe the last one. Face it, it has to die at the end) I have a major feeling that the humans will be the one to do the finishing blow. Then again, they also have to hide their technology so the nuke bomb must go off somewhere.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I suppose that's where the small town in the middle of nowhere comes in.  :-\

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Hahaha, yes it, most probably does.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

i wouldnt mind if its one badass pred that just goes balls out, with total disregard for his own survival to get the job done (ie...into the hive...ALONE!).  also i dont mind if its a small group of preds, as long as they all do some killing.

as for the single predalien taking out a whole ship of preds, thats pure nonsense.  If there is a crashed spaceship, it better be from misplaced plasma or some otherwise dissabled controls/power system.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed