Your Ideas?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 15, 2006, 11:36:47 PM

Author
Your Ideas? (Read 18,957 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What would you like to see in the new Aliens FPS? Personally I wouldn't mind something similar to Aliens Online/Colonial Marines. A squad-shooter where you can play both species.

Yautja

Yautja

Yeah, been able to play as both Marines and Aliens would be good. For me an important aspect of the game would be its atmosphere, and the level environments.  Also I would love it if they used the same sound effects that were used for the pulse rifles in Aliens. Thats some of the best gun fire ive ever heard.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah definately. It needs to have the "real" sounds. I've been playing Gearbox's Bother in Arms...well one of 'em. I got a demo of it sometime ago. I wouldn't mind addition squad controls, from what they've got in there.

Atmosphere is a must. It's gotta be like the Marine campaign in AvP1 and Doom3-I had to go buy the XB version because I didn't dare sit so close to the PC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised this is quite quiet. I'd have thought plenty of you would have had your own ideas and etc.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Meh.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2006, 11:36:47 PM
A squad-shooter where you can play both species.

I'd never even considered that. I'm thinking the game will be similar to Colonial Marines where you only play as a Marine through a set of missions. I never really expected Alien missions too. That's sort of an AvP-style game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But that's what would make it fun. Think about it. Prowling through the depths of your own hive, a group of Aliens by your side and you're going out to snatch a new host. You send your Aliens to distrack the marines, you flank them, tail them and then as a group take 'em back to the hive - and BAM! More Aliens are your disposal. Now you can go out and KILL KILL!!  :P

Darkness

Darkness

Sounds interesting but I don't think the'll make alien missions too.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I don't think they will either, nice idea, but I'd prefer it Marines only.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What makes you so sure? AvP2 had the Aliens in.

DB

DB

After two PC games where you could control Aliens, leaving them out entirely would make the game feel incomplete. I don't mind them skipping Alien control in single player but I'd like it if they included them in some multiplayer modes.

As much as I'd prefer having AvP3, they'd be able to focus more on Aliens and humans without the Predators to worry about. This makes it easier for them to give more equipment/abilities/weapons/senses to Aliens and marines and for them to make sure they are balanced. Overall, I'd expect a sense of balance, yet realism in Alien vs human encounters that would blow away the previous games. Afterall, that's just about what having an Alien game offers that other FPS don't - Aliens.

invalid

invalid

For years now I've wanted a marine/alien squad dynamic, but sadly Colonial Marines was cancelled.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Colonial Marines, it had everything I was looking for in an Aliens game. Here's hoping the new franchise owners (Sega?) can actually pump out some games.

Wolfy

Wolfy

I'd say it wouldn't be too difficult for someone with basic knowledge of modding the source engine, to make one.  Especially a survivor mode like in AVP2 :)

All that would need replacing are the guns, gun effects and an alien model + movements and abilities.

A few maps to top it off also.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I don't know about alien missions... but the new game... The Darkness, has incorperated somthing similar to thier multiplayer. You are able to play as a fast, easy to kill creature or a human that is slower, but can use weapons. Time will tell if this gameplay mechanic works.  t could work in an Alien multiplayer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed