Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP

Started by Yautja, Dec 14, 2006, 12:02:55 AM

Author
Should the Predators metal have been resistant to the Aliens acid blood in AvP (Read 32,276 times)

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe there isn't a metal that it cannot corrode, the Predator culture isn't taken to be able to do do anything.

uhhhhh

The spear and shurikens were acid proof, the rest was not.

I guess it was anderson's idea of balancing.  maybe also having something to do with making the hunt more challenging, as well as perhaps the idea as to keep the aliens at more a distance, thus using the longer spear and the throwable shurikens more, and the only using the wristblades in a jam.  You know, so the kiddies arent encouraged to go after something out of their league (they are young after all) or something.

Corporal Hicks

I would have thought the arm sythes would have been resistant.

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: DB on Dec 15, 2006, 05:41:48 PM
If it's "survival of the fittest", why would it be unfair?
Becuase Predators claim to fight with "honour". Honour isn't owning your opponents with little effort. Like I said, it is like using an Autosniper in Counterstrike.

Yautja

Quote from: GC_Samaras on Dec 16, 2006, 03:39:49 AM
Quote from: DB on Dec 15, 2006, 05:41:48 PM
If it's "survival of the fittest", why would it be unfair?
Becuase Predators claim to fight with "honour". Honour isn't owning your opponents with little effort. Like I said, it is like using an Autosniper in Counterstrike.

Even if they predators metal was resistant, it would still make killing the Alien an honorable kill. Especially if the Pred was without a plasma cannon.

The Ultimate Predator

Without a plasma cannon yes. Thing is, the film was just crap. In the comics, there are loads of aliens, a plasma cannon is needed, but the aliens are deadly in numbers mostly.

DB

Quote from: uhhhhh on Dec 15, 2006, 10:10:07 PMI guess it was anderson's idea of balancing.

Or utter stupidity. We'll never know!

Quote from: GC_Samaras on Dec 16, 2006, 03:39:49 AMBecuase Predators claim to fight with "honour". Honour isn't owning your opponents with little effort. Like I said, it is like using an Autosniper in Counterstrike.

The conceptualization of "honor" aside, why are we talking about the concept of "unfair" when we're talking about "survival of the fittest"?

The Ultimate Predator

Because that is what the Predator culture lives by; honour.

Corporal Hicks

The Ultimate Predator

Not really, its in the majority of the comics etc.

Corporal Hicks

Which isn't cannon. It's assumptions made by a writer which is then continued.

The Ultimate Predator

Comics are the first thing to come up with the whole AvP concept.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

But it still wasn't cannon until movies made the connection.

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe. Personally, I view "canon" as what came first.

Corporal Hicks

But that isn't cannon. Cannon is what's on screen. Comics and all that are EU no matter how cool they might be. That's unless stated otherwise like with Halo and the novels and comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed