Release

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 14, 2007, 03:08:43 PM

Author
Release (Read 3,668 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So someone asked the question in the Questions for Colin thread and it got me thinking. How do we think AvP2s release is going to go down? I'm betting it'll be US first, followed by UK some 3 odd months later. Like the original.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

wow that sucks! that mean i will have the dvd before i can see the movie in theatres...

War Wager

War Wager

I dont see why they cant release the movie at the same time in every country. It will really piss me off if I have to wait a few more months for the movie to be released in the UK...  >:(

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

So what your saying is its being made in canada but wont be brought to canada now thats just plain stupidity i think colin and greg are smarter then that.

fluxcap

fluxcap

American releases and Canadian releases always fall on the same day. Unless of course its some special small release that travels from city to city like David Lynch's Inland Empire. No worries Jungle Hunter, we'll be seeing AVP2 the same night as the Americans.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 14, 2007, 05:55:43 PM
So what your saying is its being made in canada but wont be brought to canada now thats just plain stupidity i think colin and greg are smarter then that.
All the original (three) alien films were made in the UK, but I don't think that made a difference.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 14, 2007, 05:55:43 PM

Its painfully obviouse that it will be released in Canada sooner, what I'm saying is they should try and get the film showing around the same time everywhere else. Theres millions of other fans outside America and Canada you know  :P

Trioxide

Trioxide

Let's hope it doesn't turn out like Sunshine:  it was released in April in the UK, yet it only comes in the US in September  :(

fluxcap

fluxcap

I don't know the reasoning why movie releases are months apart for different countries. Usually only big budget films get simultaneous worldwide releases, like all the Spider-Man movies.

Quote from: Trioxide on May 14, 2007, 06:14:00 PM
Sunshine
I'm looking forward to that one, the cinematography and production design look awesome.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Sunshine is a really good film if you don't take the science too seriously.
Quote from: Trioxide on May 14, 2007, 06:14:00 PM
Let's hope it doesn't turn out like Sunshine:  it was released in April in the UK, yet it only comes in the US in September  :(
When AvP came out in America (some time in august me thinks), it was October before we got it in the UK.

Darkness

Darkness

I doubt there'll be any huge gap between releases this time. IMDB has the UK date down as January 4. So at max, there'll be a couple of weeks difference.

I'm still not entirely sure why there was such a long gap with the first one to begin with.

SiL

SiL

I'd like to see it released globally within a month of its premier. Cuts back on pirating to boot ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Costs more money though. That's the reason not many have global releases.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Darkness on May 14, 2007, 08:02:07 PM
I doubt there'll be any huge gap between releases this time. IMDB has the UK date down as January 4. So at max, there'll be a couple of weeks difference.

I'm still not entirely sure why there was such a long gap with the first one to begin with.

I have a greater concern about it: the fact that there will be reviews available in-between releases, meaning that it will be such a temptation to read them before the movie is released...!!  :o :-[ :o

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

yes...i was thinking on that, i know i will have to wait some time until the movie get here, so i know there will be reviews, but i would only read some opinions of the movie here in the forum, i´ll try to resist the temptation of the reviews....... :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed