Started by Alienseseses, Mar 18, 2008, 01:38:51 AM

Author
My Fan Edit (Read 12,191 times)

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2008, 11:01:19 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 18, 2008, 10:36:09 PM
I'm not bootlegging though,
You own a bootleg which you edited. You are participating in bootlegging. You are bootlegging.
Is it really any of your guy's problems...  he can do whatever he wants and if he gets his accountant banned (not saying he will) thats his problem not yours.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

If that is the definition, then fine. But I did not release a bootleg on the net, I did not tell where it is from, I am buying the DVD to balance it, I am not profiting...

So what's the issue here? Fan edits are fan edits.

And how would I get banned? I'm not posting a bootleg or its source, I'm asking what to do with a fan edit.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

A fan edit that is obviously being created from an illegal bootleg copy. :p

Silly Alienseseses announced it too soon.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

It isn't doing any harm right now, is it? I mean, I'm paying for the two disc DVD, I'm not releasing this to anybody who didn't see or buy the actual film, I'm not selling...
If it is causing harm, tell me now.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

"I'm gonna buy it when it comes out" doesn't change the fact that you used a bootleg as the basis for your fan edit, so you cannot give a link to it on this forum per the rules.  Just as Mal's "How it should have ended" YouTube link disappeared quickly.

I don't really care one way or the other, but that's how it is.  But I do like how you said that you told Colin all about it after you downloaded it.  You're so righteous. ;)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You ARE causing harm, just because you don't buy one, doesn't mean it cancels out. You just can't do it. It's illegal.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I dont know what you guys think, but i think that whole AvPGalaxy owns this thing already.

SM

SM

QuoteAlso, I think Colin took care of it anyway, since the day that I dled it to edit, I told Colin about the site so nobody can profit from it.

How would Colin take care of anything?

If anyone besides the admins here get stroppy it's going to be the Fox legal department.

Like Ants said, I don't give a shit either way, but if you're going to distribute illegal fan edits - might be best to wait till the film is actually out on DVD.  If nothing else you'll have better source material to work with.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm not posting it online.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 19, 2008, 11:17:33 AM
What manner of suggestions were you soliciting in the original post then?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Can you just be quiet, so then next time you won't get yourself in a mess of trouble? If you would have been quiet none of this would have ever happened. We're not impressed you got a bootleg copy.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

QuoteAlso, I think Colin took care of it anyway, since the day that I dled it to edit, I told Colin about the site so nobody can profit from it.

What's a joke  ;D

lmao, Colin, took a care of it? i doubt...

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 19, 2008, 04:22:55 PM

Can you just be quiet, so then next time you won't get yourself in a mess of trouble? If you would have been quiet none of this would have ever happened. We're not impressed you got a bootleg copy.

If he would've been quiet none of what would of happend to him?  Poeple on the forum areadvising him about legal things?  "Oh no!  People are legaly advising me in the department of law about stuff that they don't even know about, and I can't really get into trouble anyway, oh no!" 

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I didn't think it would be a problem. I didn't pay for it in the first place, I am buying the DVD, I'm not just showing it top people, and I don't know what to do with the fan edit.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 19, 2008, 01:08:03 PM
I said "I'm not sure if I want it on a stream site." I don't know what to do with it. Should I put it on Fanedit.org or something, or do what?

That is what this thread is about. I want help.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 19, 2008, 10:11:11 PM
I didn't think it would be a problem. I didn't pay for it in the first place, I am buying the DVD, I'm not just showing it top people, and I don't know what to do with the fan edit.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 19, 2008, 01:08:03 PM
I said "I'm not sure if I want it on a stream site." I don't know what to do with it. Should I put it on Fanedit.org or something, or do what?

That is what this thread is about. I want help.

What ever you do its illegal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed