AVP chronicles: lego AVP fanfilm

Started by darkbladepred, May 09, 2007, 01:46:26 AM

Author
AVP chronicles: lego AVP fanfilm (Read 9,583 times)

darkbladepred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2007, 12:10:24 AM
Have the focus issues been sorted?

For quite a few of the scenes, but not all of them. We didn't have time, or want to reshoot the chunk of the movie we had done... plus we blew up our foot long APC at the end of a scene... and the entire miniature outpost lab which was fully built and had three rooms, and a roof.. come to think of it we blew up a lot of stuff... LOL!

(note to self: save the blowing up stuff for end of shooting schedule when working on any movie)

darkbladepred

UPDATE: The final cut of the movie was finished just two hours ago. Two weeks from now I will put the movie up on google video, and possible in ten minute parts on Youtube.

Film lenght: 48:03

It contains everything we wanted to see in a good avp movie including:
-lots of fight scenes
-a medkit scene
-gorey deaths
-and TONS more.

Soundtrack-
Sum 41
unearth
Powerman 5000
Mike V. & the rats
Throwdown
Predator 1
AVP
Aliens (thanks for that track nightmare  ;D )

Plokoon111

Nice film you got here! Im doing the same thing, but with action figures.

CelticP

CelticP

I'll check it out if you put some decent music in the movie...IE: Music FROM the MOVIES.

darkbladepred

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Jul 30, 2007, 08:13:13 PM
Nice film you got here! Im doing the same thing, but with action figures.

The sequel to this is going to be done with action figures. Easier to get a clear shot of them than lego guys. And good luck with your film fellow toy cinema-er.

Quote from: CelticP on Jul 30, 2007, 08:49:19 PM
I'll check it out if you put some decent music in the movie...IE: Music FROM the MOVIES.

Did you not read the whole list of music? I have a ton from Predator, some from aliens, and even two tracks from AVP. I used some from AVP2 the game too. Don't worry about that.

After this saturday (when the whole crew sits down and watches it) I will put it up. I'll probably get around to uploading it early sunday afternoon.

CelticP

CelticP

Yeah but....that other music is still there.... ;)

darkbladepred

You mean to tell me that heavy metal will totally ruin a movie for you in every imaginable way? If I can manage to ruin an AVP movie I must be as bad as Paul Anderson... *points gun at face*

CelticP

CelticP

Exacly what im sayin...show me a scene in any of the Alien or Predator movies that had heavy metal blearing through (And no, I do not mean something like the rape scene in Alien 3, that was a heavy metal "riff"...no words, and not made by a band)

Plokoon111

I think it would ruin the movie, just stick with the alien and pred music.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Okay, I'm uploading the movie on Google video now. I took out some of the metal, but I left some in there too. And as a warning: this movie isn't as serious as you might expect. Enjoy it as entertainment, and feel free to laugh at the voice overs. A lot of them were funny. When we showed this to an audiance they were laughing for half the movie. If you try to anylize the whole movie it will make your head hurt, so just view it as an entertaining flick. I'll add a link when It's done uploading.

EDIT=
It's 678.3 MB so it will take a while. Only 36 MB done so far.

darkbladepred

Plokoon111

It isn't special, but it looked like it was fun to make. I dont blame you because you guys are using little legos, not much you can do with them. The metal music no no no. . .

Nightmare

Nightmare

only managed to see the 1st 5 and half mins, but its looking good, when the movie finished opening ill say something more.....i my net was a bit faster......

the only bad thing is the camera, theres not much detail but ill not judge that yet....

oh, the metal music in the last part of the movie part ive seen (is thi making any sense?) looked bad....u had it playing or someting while filming? the quality is quite bad, and doenst fit very well the scene, but the movie in general wasnt bad in this 5 mins.....

EDIT: im liking the voices

darkbladepred

nah, didn't have it playing while filming, all the audio was done in post. That particular track was just horrible quality. There are two tracks of audio in the film that just make me cringe. And about the camera: we've got a new one that takes WAY better quality, so the next movie will be a HUGE improvement.

Nightmare

Nightmare

acordin to you, the figs will also be bigger so it adds even more to the quality, but be careful how u use kenner figs, it may ruin your movie.

nobody wants to see a crab alien or a scorpion alien....how can a facehugger facehugh them?

try or not to reveal where they came from, or say they came from other host that not a scorpion or a crab....im mentionating these 2 example but there's many more

in alien5 they used kenner figs, it looked great, so using kenner doenst mean anyting but demands u to be extra carefull.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed