squad based gameplay

Started by xenomorph36, Jan 31, 2008, 02:03:17 AM

Author
squad based gameplay (Read 2,040 times)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

judging by the news(on the front page of avpgalaxy) the game will be squad based.

how do you guys find the idea of this game being squad based? do you guys like it?

i know it's too early to judge wheter this will work or not but from the sound of it, i am actually kind of dissapointed. i would much rather control only one character.

it seems like it is becomming more and more like neverwinter knights/baldurs gate which is one of THE most tedious games i have ever played in my life.

also if this game is SQUAD based it also means that you only get to play the marines, unless you can count dozens of aliens  a squad.

:P

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

im not too thrilled about it. as long as it stays FPS i dont think id mind at all. id like to see online alien vs marine gameplay. that be pretty cool.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Doesn't bother me much, it is just hoping Obsidian gets the actual team mechcanics right. And some RPG's got team mechcanics right, and still made the game good, it is called, Mass Effect.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

What is squad base? Is it like Brothers in Arms gameplay when you command the squad? If it is cool because I like to play stuff like that.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Byohzrd on Jan 31, 2008, 02:11:35 AM
im not too thrilled about it. as long as it stays FPS i dont think id mind at all. id like to see online alien vs marine gameplay. that be pretty cool.

it wont be fps it will be third person prospective. or were you talking about the alien fps game?

marky

marky

I think it's cool. It could be like:
Having a team with a lot of Aliens or Marines  ;D

Carnage95

Carnage95

That be so awesome if they did a squad based game.
Its like Republic Commando! If they do, I hope the Aliens too may be able to like...command or something.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I liked how the squad comands were in Republic Commando, very smooth and easy to learn unlike some games too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed