The pros of Alien Vs Predator:Requiem

Started by Yautja/Alien_lover, Jan 29, 2008, 07:11:07 AM

Author
The pros of Alien Vs Predator:Requiem (Read 5,866 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

So it's "being a big baby" when you notice that the fan winks are what drive this movie? :-X

Xhan

Xhan

Pros:
opening title design.
Pred ship design.
Ian Whyte kinaesthetics.

Cons: Everything else.

Master

If Andersons film was called "a lost hope", than I just can`t find a good, not invective, word to call AvP-R.
But back to topic:
Pros:
- predators look. ( not weapons, not behaviour, just his image on screen)

Cons:
Every thing else.
Quote from: Xhan on Jan 29, 2008, 08:30:31 AM
Pros:
opening title design.
Pred ship design.
Ian Whyte kinaesthetics.

Cons: Everything else.
It was not foggy and "non human" enough. It is more like AvP ship then P2, so it`s not an advantage for me.

Stalker

There are definitely alot of pros I can name for the film. First of all, The Wolf was excellent, & it was great to see the original-style predators back on screen. The action was great & satisfying as well, although unfortunately one-sided most of the time.

As far as the homages go, I actually thought they were great, even if they were all over the place. A giant smile beamed across my face when I saw Wolf rise from the lake with his cloak sparking. Sure it might have been a blatantly obvious reference to Predator, but it was great nonetheless. The aliens looked fantastic as well, & I personally thought the predalien design was excellent.

To be honest, the entire movie was great in my opinion, with the exception of some of the cheesier character sub-plots & the predictable ending.

Welcome to the site as well Y/A Lover, hope you enjoy it here mate.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 29, 2008, 08:26:23 AM
So it's "being a big baby" when you notice that the fan winks are what drive this movie? :-X

No,I just meant in general,I wasn't actually talking about anyone here in particular. When I mean big baby I mean someone who complains all the time about the movie...like the type of person who would show even their hate for it in every thread.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Stalker on Jan 29, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
There are definitely alot of pros I can name for the film. First of all, The Wolf was excellent, & it was great to see the original-style predators back on screen. The action was great & satisfying as well, although unfortunately one-sided most of the time.

As far as the homages go, I actually thought they were great, even if they were all over the place. A giant smile beamed across my face when I saw Wolf rise from the lake with his cloak sparking. Sure it might have been a blatantly obvious reference to Predator, but it was great nonetheless. The aliens looked fantastic as well, & I personally thought the predalien design was excellent.

To be honest, the entire movie was great in my opinion, with the exception of some of the cheesier character sub-plots & the predictable ending.

Welcome to the site as well Y/A Lover, hope you enjoy it here mate.

Thanks for making me feel welcomed man. I agree that the fight was one sided between Wolf and the Aliens but that happened not too much from what I can remember,since I don't remember acid blood ruining anything else I think that since it only had an impact on the guy's face that the Alien species were just operating a little bit different,it sounds rational. As for the ending of the movie,I think it should have went like this----->after the PredaAlien has wounded Wolf with it's tail Wolf falls down then the PredaAlien goe's and hooks her self to the helicopter,she is later on seen by the survivors on board and is about to kill them,then all of a sudden Wolf finds a bit of strength to start the self destruct mode pad and then chucks it far enough that it makes it on to the helipcopter and drops dead. The survivors are fighting with the PredaAlien then when she is actually about to kill them on the helicopter we see the self destruct device no longer flashing red writing and boom the helipcopter blows up before the town is nuked.

Dark Passenger

QuoteNo,I just meant in general,I wasn't actually talking about anyone here in particular. When I mean big baby I mean someone who complains all the time about the movie...like the type of person who would show even their hate for it in every thread.

hulk- "your making me ANRGY!!" :D ;)

happypred

Quote from: Yautja/Alien_lover on Jan 29, 2008, 03:24:35 PM
No,I just meant in general,I wasn't actually talking about anyone here in particular. When I mean big baby I mean someone who complains all the time about the movie...like the type of person who would show even their hate for it in every thread.

Don't worry man...plenty of people on this site thought the movie was a fun ride. They just have no reason to rant about it in every AvP-R thread. The people who don't like AvP-R are usually more vocal than the people who do like it, not saying that the more critical members are unjustified but they do tend to "express" themselves more.

Pros
Predator's slim athletic build
Predator's fluid movements
Great predator on alien action
Acting was better than I thought it would be
Aliens weren't as underpowered as I expected them to be
New reproduction method worked surprisingly well

Cons
Predalien dreadlocks
Bad setting
Weak script
Human element was a bit overplayed...but I still hold that the actors did okay with what was given them

Blood

Pros: there was an alien/pred film
Cons: we were all so hyped I don't think even a Scott/Cameron combo would've kept everyone happy, but these guys just threw away the goodwill.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Speaking of cons,the PredaAlien would have looked better if she was all black.
I think it would have been nice if she had a bit more Predator characteristics,I mean
like using and getting the weapons the Predators had on the ship that crashed on earth.

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 30, 2008, 07:05:12 PM
Yeah! And the aliens from people should use guns and drink booze!  ::)

Chill out,use a ball to get rid of stress because of AVP:Requiem. XD

Eidotemit

killzonewith bladesandteet

killzonewith bladesandteet

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 30, 2008, 07:05:12 PM

WTF??? :D

The pros: Predator violence-the Hospital scene with the PredAlien and the babies crying-I liked the stomach bursters. The opening sequences which should have been longer. The sewer fight and what led up to it.And just despite all that could have been handled better I did enjoy it.I loved the raw in yer face aspect of it. I think while the Aliens could have been better I just dug how quickly they took over. Gives you an idea of how relentless they are. I think sometimes that gets forgotten in all their bio-mechanical ergonomics; the inherent genetic drive to dominate through breeding.

Cons: inexperienced directors in understanding how to make dialog/acting a little better-too one dimensional a lot was given the  very bare minimum in pursuit of pace. Its almost as if the actors were the segue ways to the AvP aspect.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Yautja/Alien_lover on Jan 30, 2008, 06:43:49 PM
I think it would have been nice if she had a bit more Predator characteristics,I mean
like using and getting the weapons the Predators had on the ship that crashed on earth.

That's what Fox wanted it to do. Including the ability to turn invisible.

Guess they were looking at your demographic when they requested that. :)

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 30, 2008, 08:23:38 PM
Quote from: Yautja/Alien_lover on Jan 30, 2008, 06:43:49 PM

That's what Fox wanted it to do. Including the ability to turn invisible.

Guess they were looking at your demographic when they requested that. :)

Actually,I'm in my twenties thank you very much. You were implying that I'm a teenager who is the really mainstream type,one thing is certain,I am very anti mainstream. And oh,Bonecrusher hates what you said. I don't appreciate the useless insult you passed on to me. I think you're better than that man.   :( Now back to AVP:Requiem,the move should have done with out the teenager,his brother,the hot girl,and the police officer as the main human characters.

b-raz

Things I liked:

Great action and gore
The Predator was portrayed correctly
Aliens looked cool as well as the Predator
Cool new weapons and plasma cannon was best in this film
Got to at least get a glimpse of the Predator's home planet

Disliked:

Thin story-line
Kinda predictable
Some of the actors were weak, although I liked a few of them
A few cheesy lines here and there

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed