What were they hunting?

Started by Nihil, May 03, 2007, 11:15:49 PM

Author
What were they hunting? (Read 9,141 times)

Darkness

Darkness

They didn't have acid-proof weapons either. Their wristblades melted right off and it looked to me like Celtic was surprised that happened. Which leads me to believe they didn't know they were fighting aliens to begin with.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Celtic was cocky, Gill was taken unaware. Not much of ultimate hunters if they can't take out Aliens. We know they have acid proof metal. They didn't get acid proof armor to up the challenge...

I agreee on that one.  Seems to me that the Predators were relying to heavily on their Plasma Cannons.

Not having their shoulder cannons was bad enough. They clearly weren't supposed to fight aliens in melee combat if two them died.

I agree on that one to.  which is a shame really because two of the predators died very quickly and very easy.  Would of been more interesting if they had suvived alittle bit longer and there was a few more had to hand combat battles  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 05, 2007, 10:24:20 AM
They didn't have acid-proof weapons either. Their wristblades melted right off and it looked to me like Celtic was surprised that happened. Which leads me to believe they didn't know they were fighting aliens to begin with.
What about the spear?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2007, 10:30:22 AM
What about the spear?

Lex stabs one of the Aliens with a predator spear and it doen't melt.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Darkness on May 05, 2007, 10:24:20 AM

I agree, I think that the Predators were delibiratley sent down un-equiped to see just how good hunters they are. I also think that they never knew they were fighting Aliens, to see if they are strong enough to take on any creature, hense that they are good enough to pass the right of passage...

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2007, 10:30:22 AM
What about the spear?

Film-making error.

Either way it doesn't make sense why some weapons are acid-proof when their wristblades aren't.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

...I agree, I think that the Predators were delibiratley sent down un-equiped to see just how good hunters they are. I also think that they never knew they were fighting Aliens, to see if they are strong enough to take on any creature, hense that they are good enough to pass the right of passage...

Again if they didn't know what they were hunting then what was the point!?!? of course they knew what thwy were hunting for god sake.

Film-making error.

Either way it doesn't make sense why some weapons are acid-proof when their wristblades aren't.

Yes i agree with you there Darkness.  

Newsfop

Newsfop

They had to have known they'd be fighting aliens. The elder had a burn mark in his helmet, so it should've been apparent that they knew what they were going down for.

History has shown them that a whaling station was positioned very close to the underground pyramid. Now maybe the human race has been watched for a while by this group of predators or maybe not. If they haven't, it's likely the predators thought that a new population took over the activity at the station and continued on to be in wonderment of what happened to the old inhabitants. What we do know is that in 1904, the predators were not so well capeable of keeping the aliens underground either as we see one just to the left of the burly chum whom I so lovingly shall call Bjoern (because he looks like a Bjoern). It's possible the predators were expecting the next round of humans to be only slightly more advanced than our pal Bjoern, and when you consider the completely useless drill team, they guessed right. It wasn't until those slimy corporate guys started in on their treasure pillaging that the predators dropped load in their armor and hit the panic button.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Newsfop on May 06, 2007, 07:02:39 AM
They had to have known they'd be fighting aliens. The elder had a burn mark in his helmet, so it should've been apparent that they knew what they were going down for.

History has shown them that a whaling station was positioned very close to the underground pyramid. Now maybe the human race has been watched for a while by this group of predators or maybe not. If they haven't, it's likely the predators thought that a new population took over the activity at the station and continued on to be in wonderment of what happened to the old inhabitants. What we do know is that in 1904, the predators were not so well capeable of keeping the aliens underground either as we see one just to the left of the burly chum whom I so lovingly shall call Bjoern (because he looks like a Bjoern). It's possible the predators were expecting the next round of humans to be only slightly more advanced than our pal Bjoern, and when you consider the completely useless drill team, they guessed right. It wasn't until those slimy corporate guys started in on their treasure pillaging that the predators dropped load in their armor and hit the panic button.

Nice one Newsfop   ;)

SM

SM

QuoteBut how would the Predators know that human technology was that advanced?

Because they're not completely stupid?

Quote...Why were Weyland's team carrying guns to an expedition?

Because Weyland isn't the only company who has satellites over Antarctica.  Didn't they say this in the film?

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteBecause they're not completely stupid?

I see, so the Predators landed on Earth, walked into a satellite station and asked somebody if they had sophisticated satellites capable of detecting heat so deep under the ice?

QuoteBecause Weyland isn't the only company who has satellites over Antarctica.  Didn't they say this in the film?

So Weyland's team was just going to kill any other expedition team for the sake of exploring this pyramid?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 07, 2007, 09:13:59 AM
I see, so the Predators landed on Earth, walked into a satellite station and asked somebody if they had sophisticated satellites capable of detecting heat so deep under the ice?
They've been hunting us for ages, I'm sure they'd have noticed the advancements plus the Predators are advance themselves, I'm sure they had some sort of spaceship sensors or something that could tell what all those thingys in orbit might be doing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Darkness on May 07, 2007, 09:13:59 AM
So Weyland's team was just going to kill any other expedition team for the sake of exploring this pyramid?

It's happened.

Extroheal

Extroheal

The Predators knew the humans had a satellite observing Antarctica and that humans are naturally curious enough to investigate a mysterious heat signature. The Predators definitely knew they were fighting aliens. That's what the pyramids have always been used for. Besides, aren't the Predators the ones who raised the queen out of the freezer? However, I do think the Predator was surprised that his wrist-blades melted. I think the Predator Elders decided to play a sick joke on the youths by giving them inferior weapons.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Everyone's missing the biggest hole of all. Why would a robotics mogul give a damn about ancient archaeology? And why would they bring along absoluely no robotics on their expedition save for the tunnel runner?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed