the predalien (MY Theory)

Started by Alien³, Jan 19, 2008, 09:25:35 PM

Author
the predalien (MY Theory) (Read 6,747 times)

Alien³

Quote from: brad873 on Jan 19, 2008, 10:57:54 PM
its not impossible

But if thats the case, shouldn't it have been explained?
Plus i said unlikely not impossible.

Richman678

Richman678

Well I had a theory about this that goes back to Aliens.

The queen is on the sulaco by herself. I think that if the queen feels dangered or in a act of survival it can lay 1 egg. And that egg is the one taht has the so called super facehugger in it.

Problem with that is even though we all know about it, and the only reason is because most of us have watched the special features on the quadrilogy.  Unfortunatly most people have not seen this, and in the debut of the film all we have to go is

1 egg
at least 1 facehugger seen in an x-ray and 1 other facehugger seen through the indents it put on the dog.

So yeah they screwed this up here by either not showing 2 eggs or not showing the super facehugger.

Next problem is they showed an actual queen chest bursting!

Now we can keep posting and bitching about this problem but heres the facts Since Alien 3 and on all writers and all directors have failed to see these holes in the story, and tried to make them right...

In fact they are getting worse and worse now!

The real people to yell at are the writers...however Joss Whedon actually cant be blamed since he followed what he had to go on. Remember in Ressurection they pull a queen out of her chest! But I will never forgive him for the Newborn! That is the single worst thing of the entire series including anything from the AVP series...and may also be responsible for killing the original alien franchise itself

Alien³

I really didn't see the point you were trying to make in any of that.

yellow snow predator

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 19, 2008, 10:34:20 PM
Mabye when the Queen stabs Scar she injects him with a something, hense allowing the burster to carry on her genes.
WAT?

The Chibi Kiriyama

Here's my take: Aliens can develop into Queens prior to molting into a permanent form. This is fulll of huge holes, as Alien 3 and Resurrection get in the way of this. In order to believe this, one has to look at the two films and retcon some details:

1) AVP-R retcons Alien 3's chestburster. Thus, the SE doesn't fit into canon. In order to believe what AVP-R is saying, you have to believe that it wasn't a super facehugger that impregnated Ripley. You must instead believe that a regular facehugger put the embryo in her, and that it developed as a Queen chestburster due to the lack of a pre-existing Queen in the environment.

2) Resurrection's statements on the Queen's egg-laying life cycle must be retconned as only partially true.

So, after giving the film some leeway, what do we have? A forced canon "fact" that says that an Alien in its larval stages can turn into a Queen without one in the immediate area, either at the embryonic stage or once it molts into an adult. Why the first Alien never did this is beyond me, and that will forever be a plothole. But as it stands, that's what I feel the film is trying to say.

Chocolate man!

Ok, here's my Take on the ALien life cycle problem thingy:

The Queen, when in danger and knowing that it will definatly die, can basicly spit a super face hugger (no egg) out of it's tail which is what the Queen in ALiens did just as it was suck out of the ship and the superfacehugger was able to grab onto the outside of the ship.  It than crawled around and found and burned a hole into the ship, which cause a fire and made the suluco (or however you spell it) launch the escape pod thingy.  The super facehugger than jumped onto riply and than, obviously, the dog.

In AVP, either Scar kill the facehugger just before it reaches him, or he wakes up and cuts the chesburster out (and than heals himself).  Either way, the chestburster does not come from that facehugger.  Then, at the end, when the Queen stabs him, as it feels the sudden pull of it's chain, it spits a super facehugger out of it's tail (which of course stays inside of Scar's body.  The facehugger hides in there until safely on the ship, where it spit's the embryo directly into Scar's stomach (in my version of the story, Predators can be facehugged when dead.)  Than, like at the end of AVP, the chestburster (before properly made) pops out of the stomach, before making a hole in the chest, and going in there as it is supposed to.  Then, as shown in AVPR, it bursts out of Scar's chest.

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteIn AVP, either Scar kill the facehugger just before it reaches him, or he wakes up and cuts the chesburster out (and than heals himself).

Wolf had to heal his own wound, and even at the most it closed it was easy to tell where the scar was. Plus, the pyramid was shifting every 10 minutes.

QuoteEither way, the chestburster does not come from that facehugger.  Then, at the end, when the Queen stabs him, as it feels the sudden pull of it's chain, it spits a super facehugger out of it's tail

In the Alien canon, the Aliens have never impregnated through the tail. Nothing backs that up.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 20, 2008, 01:42:22 AM
QuoteIn AVP, either Scar kill the facehugger just before it reaches him, or he wakes up and cuts the chesburster out (and than heals himself).

Wolf had to heal his own wound, and even at the most it closed it was easy to tell where the scar was. Plus, the pyramid was shifting every 10 minutes.

QuoteEither way, the chestburster does not come from that facehugger.  Then, at the end, when the Queen stabs him, as it feels the sudden pull of it's chain, it spits a super facehugger out of it's tail

In the Alien canon, the Aliens have never impregnated through the tail. Nothing backs that up.

yeah, I know, they will never use that idea, I'm just saying that until they make a movie that tells us exactly what happend, or something contradicts this, that's the way I'm going to think of it.

Xenomorphine

The egg tally of 'Alien 3' doesn't mean very much. We only see one egg, but there could be more.

The Predalien becoming a Queen isn't really seen, either. It looks basically the same, all the way through.

This film continues to ignore that Queens are birthed naturally. I would have preferred it if 'Alien 3 had the adult transforming, personally, because it would make them more adaptable, but we have to work within the rules of what has previously been shown to us. If any adult can become one, then it renders the natural ones null and void.

It is also difficult to work out how this method even workedfunctioned. How did it get to the womb, if the things were implanted through mouth? The stomach and womb are not physically connected! If the stomach was torn, then the host should have died before the inevitable took place.

Corporal Harrison

thee is nuthin wrong with the predalien.  :-\

Richman678

Richman678

sorry i had to work this Bar'B'Que all day and i had been drinking beer.

Anyways the point I was trying to make is that for the general audiences they see 1 egg no more no less!

They see a x-ray with a face hugger on it be it newt or ripley dosnt matter. ( in the comic they say its newt but since she dies it comes out and enters ripley)

Then all of a sudden the dog gets facehugged too??? off screen of coarse!

Fisrt movie hole!

End of the movie Ripley gives birth (dies) and a quenn alien with queen like features erupts from the chest!

This is the first step to non-consistency! Or the first step to consistency only the new writers refused to accept it or never realized it and penned out crap!

Remember i am explaining this from the average viewers point of view. No comics. No novels! No avpgalaxy!

Forward to Alien:ressurection! They remove a queen from cloned ripley! They admit this is an egg layer!

So there is your story flaw! Queens are born from the chest! Therefore if they want to change this then you have to explain it!(perhaps they do molt but according to the movies this is not true! if they are born queens then it is signed sealed and delivered!)*guys you must remember the movies essentially are all that matter in the grand scale! thanks to the brothers most comics will look like their predailein model!

I am not arguing theorys! Only that the next writers (Minus Joss) have worked around this and avoided it which has ruined the alien life cycle for us! Now its all in the open and anyone can make up whatever they believe! (basically Anderson and Salerno F*cked us!)

However I wanted to flame Joss for making the Newborn because it is stupid! Asside from the newborn he did reinvent the the series with Sigourney! Only I wish she wasn't as evil! Now I blame Sigourney for wanting to take that approach for the beloved Ripley character! She has more pull than anyone considering the Alien franchise!

*edit*ok if you cant tell already this is an all day drinking binge where I was trashed! I still feel the same way just can't spell!

Eidotemit

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 20, 2008, 01:06:10 AM
Here's my take: Aliens can develop into Queens prior to molting into a permanent form. This is fulll of huge holes, as Alien 3 and Resurrection get in the way of this. In order to believe this, one has to look at the two films and retcon some details:

1) AVP-R retcons Alien 3's chestburster. Thus, the SE doesn't fit into canon. In order to believe what AVP-R is saying, you have to believe that it wasn't a super facehugger that impregnated Ripley. You must instead believe that a regular facehugger put the embryo in her, and that it developed as a Queen chestburster due to the lack of a pre-existing Queen in the environment.

2) Resurrection's statements on the Queen's egg-laying life cycle must be retconned as only partially true.

So, after giving the film some leeway, what do we have? A forced canon "fact" that says that an Alien in its larval stages can turn into a Queen without one in the immediate area, either at the embryonic stage or once it molts into an adult. Why the first Alien never did this is beyond me, and that will forever be a plothole. But as it stands, that's what I feel the film is trying to say.

You don't have to disregard A3SE. The predalien molted after it was born, and probably was taking longer to mature than a queen that was born a queen would. The Superfacehugger is more like ideal conditions. As for the A:R part about the egg laying cycle, they would have no idea the queen would be able to lay embryos directly into people since no one ever saw it before, and would not stick their very limited number of hosts in there just to see what would happen (I don't think the Betty had even arrived by this point, so the didn't even have hosts to test it on)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Richman678 on Jan 20, 2008, 08:43:26 AM
sorry i had to work this Bar'B'Que all day and i had been drinking beer.

Anyways the point I was trying to make is that for the general audiences they see 1 egg no more no less!

They see a x-ray with a face hugger on it be it newt or ripley dosnt matter. ( in the comic they say its newt but since she dies it comes out and enters ripley)

Then all of a sudden the dog gets facehugged too??? off screen of coarse!

Fisrt movie hole!

Watch the film again and you will hear that Newt drowned she never had a face hugger on her! (and the comics are not canon!)

We all know queens are born from the chest, really didn't need all that to explain that. Plus the face hugger in Alien 3 is a super facehugger either in the theatrical release or the special edition, because it layes two eggs, one drone one queen. So the concept of the predalien changing into a queen inside the predator makes sense in the way that the species is desperately trying to survive, because all other aliens queens eggs etc are destroyed (at the end of AVP.) but because its so close to birth its born looking like a predalien but with the ability to reproduce more aliens.

Why this makes sense to me is we don't see the predalien molting through out the film, only at the beginning when it's reaching it's full form of a Predalien. If it was to molt into a queen it would have done that when it was on the predship.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 20, 2008, 01:06:10 AM
AVP-R retcons Alien 3's chestburster. Thus, the SE doesn't fit into canon. In order to believe what AVP-R is saying, you have to believe that it wasn't a super facehugger that impregnated Ripley. You must instead believe that a regular facehugger put the embryo in her, and that it developed as a Queen chestburster due to the lack of a pre-existing Queen in the environment.

The first film never showed any such thing. That's where this Predalien business first starts to run into problems.

The third film's creature also had no idea about a Queen in the area, until examining Ripley close.

The third film simply showed that a predesignated facehugger, which happens to externally look like every other facehugger, went and implanted a Queen. The Special Edition doesn't show a close enough shot to demonstrate the thing's as big as the actual model was. It looks normal, really.

The new film ignores this.

Quote from: Richman678 on Jan 20, 2008, 08:43:26 AM
However I wanted to flame Joss for making the Newborn because it is stupid!

But the scripted version of it was completely different to what was on film.

Eidotemit

I thought that the Superfacehugger was distinguishable from a regular one in the SE, all a metter of opinion though I suppose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed