Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 649,473 times)

TheSailingRabbit

I think Drake is royally jealous of the USCM's Emissary Pred's smartgun décor.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 10, 2019, 05:19:49 PM
That is awesome beyond belief. Such a silly Kenner like idea, but it works, at least aesthetically. What's the backstory?  :P

And where'd you get the skull from?  :o

The skull is a NECA P1 trophy skull cut at the jaw line, glued in place and then repainted.
It really is a silly idea, but I agree it looked cool so I bought it. I just made the backstory more of an "enemy of my enemy" alliance. I tried to play into the "honor code" aspect a little bit to.

Spoiler
In the summer of 2145 hostilities between USCM forces and the UPP came to a head on LV-696, also known as Ripscion. Large scale combat broke out across the planets mostly tropical surface. Unbeknownst to the two warring sides this attracted the attention of a small clan young Yautja hunters.
The Hunters became involved in one particularly bloody battle that took place in the Spinne valley. The battle lasted for several days, with the USCM taking heavy casualties. Due to a heavy rainstorm the wounded couldn't be evacuated via air and had to wait out the night on the ground.
The hunters set upon a casualty collection point, and began to slaughter not only the soldiers guarding the point, but also the wounded and the unarmed medics trying to keep them alive.
"I don't know what caused it or why they did it, but two of the bastards turned on the others who were working their way through the camp" recalls Corporal Dante Williams.
"They didn't stand much of a chance though, the others...I don't even know how many of them their were but they reacted quick, sliced them both up pretty good and stripped them of most of their gear. By that time though 3rd platoon had made its way back and scared them off" Corporal Williams finished.
"The best idea we have for why they did it is some sort of honor code...there wasn't any sport in killing the wounded. We don't even know why they chose to stay with us, maybe because our medics took pity on them and patched them up, or maybe they just want some kind of revenge against the others, I don't know. I'm just glad they don't currently want to kill us".
[close]

I've also been doing some repaints on my xenos, some of the pictures revealed some flaws in the painting though that need touching up so I'm just gonna share the ones that don't show those

Still Collating...

Nice backstory, for me at least, it works.

The color scheme on the aliens is really cool. I do get kinda annoyed how Neca keeps changing the color schemes on their aliens (though I do understand why) and that's why my hive seems a bit too colorful for my taste. So when I see color matched aliens, it brings joy to the eyes.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Very cool JWP!

SuperiorIronman

Since I've got so many loose parts around here I thought I'd get into modding.

I'm thinking of grabbing an Arcade Predator since it runs pretty cheap, but I'd also want to replace the head with my masked Emissary head and maybe make some other mods. Anybody know if the swapping can be done easily or do I have to break something?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 13, 2019, 02:47:52 AM
Since I've got so many loose parts around here I thought I'd get into modding.

I'm thinking of grabbing an Arcade Predator since it runs pretty cheap, but I'd also want to replace the head with my masked Emissary head and maybe make some other mods. Anybody know if the swapping can be done easily or do I have to break something?

I'd recommend heating the head with water or a hair dryer to remove it from the peg. The actual neck pegs probably wont swap (different ball sizes) but the heads should be able to fit on the pegs just fine.
Worst case scenario you could do a mask swap, but that can be a little trickier.

Still Collating...

Question. I've got a Neca Michael Myers, and I'm planning on getting a Nathan Drake and replacing his whole arms with Michael's for a David custom I'm planing. Is there any special method or technique of replacing the arms other than a lot of hot water/ hair dryer action?

JokersWarPig

I've swapped the arms on Preds and a bunch of the different colonial marines and the best method I've found for that is the boil and pop method.

Still Collating...

Nice, thanks.

SuperiorIronman

What kind of paints do you guys use? My local comic shop has a bunch of paints for little DND models so would that kind of stuff work? I don't know the brands either (I just know they carry it).

Outside of also just drilling into the figure to make the holes for things like shoulder cannons (thank you all the Wolf figures I've ever bought), is there a specific kind of glue I should be looking for?

JokersWarPig

I use Games Workshop/Citadel paints because that's whats available at my local shop. I'd say any model/game paint would work well as long as you seal it once you're done. I wouldn't use Testors paint though, I've had bad experiences with it.

JokersWarPig

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 10, 2019, 01:56:24 PM
Picture spam of my USCM-effied Emissary Predator. I've even come up with a background for him and why he's kind of allied himself with the humans  :laugh:

Easily one of your best pieces I've seen.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jul 05, 2019, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 10, 2019, 01:56:24 PM
Picture spam of my USCM-effied Emissary Predator. I've even come up with a background for him and why he's kind of allied himself with the humans  :laugh:

Easily one of your best pieces I've seen.

Thanks man, been working on his number 2 recently.

Teckno Viking

Been going through this thread and Amazing work done people, truly. Plus nice to see my old username 1/18th scale stuff near the front "axeman" btw.

Well moved to 1/12th scale and been stealing from NECA Marines lol

I am making cloth uniformed, removable Armoured Marines.

Sand off straps and buckles and redoing with cloth straps and working buckles. Yep I can find them for 1/12th scale lol

Hoping to find even smaller buckles and do solution grieves too. For now though dremelled out hollow NECA grieves.
Also strapped the Ab/groin piece up like the real version.

Still have cloth belts to do and webbing straps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed