Why there won't be any "stars"

Started by War Wager, Apr 16, 2007, 10:32:01 AM

Author
Why there won't be any "stars" (Read 5,788 times)

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Fawdrey on Apr 22, 2007, 04:20:48 PM
The best monster movies latley have no names in them, FEAST, The DECENT, even movies like 300. Sure some of them were known actors but c'mon, none of them were big. If they have talent and the direction is good... who cares. Big names would just ruin this movie. Look at Nick Cage.... he's a big actor, do you want him in AVP2? I thought not. The bigger the name the harder it is to get rid of them once they have attached them selves to a film. How many of you wish that they could take back Alien 4 and leave Ripley dead?

I agree... Alien should have been a trilogy, not a trilogy + an appendix...

scarface

scarface

One of the actors is from final destination 3.

War Wager

War Wager

/
Quote from: scarface on Apr 24, 2007, 10:20:05 PM
One of the actors is from final destination 3.

Who does he play in Final Destination 3?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You mean Final Destination 2. David Paetkau I think, I think he plays the kid who got the ladder through the eye.

Darkness

Darkness

Gina Holden was in FD3.

scarface

scarface

NO, and its and actress sorry, that girl that the main characters friend was going to ask to mary him.

Nihil

Nihil

They need to save the stars for Predator 3 and Alien 5

Champiionser

You don't need any big  stars if they just don't fit well.Besides the "stars" will require bigger budget and the money they've gave them will make shorter alien and predator action.The only way to make a good movie that includes big stars is to fit them in,pay them and make big action scenes.But you get what the budget must be to make this real.Maybe it's time for Fox to understand that making big movies with big names needs bigger budgets.

War Wager

War Wager

I'd like to see the Director of Weyland Yutani in some movie. I think Sharon Stone would be good for that part. She's really good at acting evil and powerful.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Champonser on May 01, 2007, 01:18:18 PM
Maybe it's time for Fox to understand that making big movies with big names needs bigger budgets.
Fox knows this. It's whether it really applies to the alien/predator films that's the issue.

gameoverman

gameoverman

The Alien and the Predator are the "stars".  The first AVP followed this route, and it was a success.

MrLee

MrLee

the original alien movies introduced actors that were unknown at the time, maybe these guys wanna follow that trend?

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Clone#8 on Apr 22, 2007, 04:43:51 PM
Not me, Ripleys the best character, and Sigorney Weaver is the best actress in every movie...
I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you there.After Aliens she did a piss poor job on her character.Her performance in the two movies after was very flat and monotone and totally lost the feel of her original character.Plus,the studio had to beg her to do Alien Ressurection and she kept asking for more money.A person like that who claims she loves the franchise should not complain like that or wonder why she wasn't in AVP.

SiL

SiL

I thought her performance in Alien3 was the best she ever did with the series.

And the reason she's not in AVP is because A) Nobody wants her character for it and B) She did Alien Resurrection in the hopes of stopping AvP from being made. And it did. For a while.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2007, 10:21:36 PM
I thought her performance in Alien3 was the best she ever did with the series.

And the reason she's not in AVP is because A) Nobody wants her character for it and B) She did Alien Resurrection in the hopes of stopping AvP from being made. And it did. For a while.
Also,she was bitching about why she isnt in AVP.For a person who loves the franchise so,she should at least type up Alien VS Predator on wikipedia and read for a good 15 minutes.She said she didnt know what The Predators were and looked like hedgehogs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed