Wolf's motivation

Started by AlienatedPredator, Dec 11, 2007, 01:31:57 PM

Author
Wolf's motivation (Read 2,829 times)

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I suspect part of Wolf's motivation is wanting to die a hero's death in a blaze of glory . . . what Predator would want to die of old age?? Kind of like how old fighters keep coming out of retirement to have one last shot to prove themselves. It seems like Wolf is an aging "King" on his throne and he misses the excitement of the hunt and sees this opportunity to add one last crowning achievement to his legacy. That's kind of how I see it anyway. :)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Its his job/mission and he's there to make sure its completed....

gases

gases

I like it. Im not sure if hes old. I don't really know what an older pred looks like.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: gases on Dec 11, 2007, 01:38:50 PM
I like it. Im not sure if hes old. I don't really know what an older pred looks like.

Predator 2 Elder thats an oldy

i think hes like some sort of Solid Snake/Rambo  their bringing him back for a mission, at first he doesnt exept and then his homies get killed and hes out to the mission and for revenge :P :-\

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: Darth Vader on Dec 11, 2007, 01:36:26 PM
Its his job/mission and he's there to make sure its completed....

Yeah,Wolf may not complete his mission at all.He may die and one alien still survives. :-\

happypred

happypred

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Dec 11, 2007, 01:31:57 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I suspect part of Wolf's motivation is wanting to die a hero's death in a blaze of glory . . . what Predator would want to die of old age?? Kind of like how old fighters keep coming out of retirement to have one last shot to prove themselves. It seems like Wolf is an aging "King" on his throne and he misses the excitement of the hunt and sees this opportunity to add one last crowning achievement to his legacy. That's kind of how I see it anyway. :)

this works in comics but in a movie it makes you sympathize with him too much...Wolf still has to be a villain, hell, I don't even want him to be the anti-hero

AVP66

AVP66

By the look of it in the first five minutes of the film he alone decides to stop the aliens because we do not see anyone giving him any orders. Or maybe he is a leader in his homeworld so it might be his responsibility. 

happypred

happypred

MAybe the preds don't even give a shit about the mess but WOLF is like, "im just gonna clean up that mess for shits and giggles"

gameoverman

gameoverman

He wants a predalien skull on his trophy wall.  :P

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Lol, did we even see the Wolf's Trophy room?

Maybe the Scout ship was his?

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: happypred on Dec 11, 2007, 08:29:45 PM
MAybe the preds don't even give a shit about the mess but WOLF is like, "im just gonna clean up that mess for shits and giggles"

That's all the motivation I need for a movie.  ;D

Weasel

Weasel

The scene is edited. If you look as he leaves he's not by the scorpion pods anymore. I'm sure we'll see his trophy room as well.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I hope that we see, More Predator ship, Action or not...
More of Wolf's stuff

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

I hope when we see Wolf's trophy room, there is like a missing spot, like thats meant for the predalien, potentially cheesy as hell, but it could be done right.

I too think Wolf is in this for the hell of it, he sees the predalien, and wants it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Dec 12, 2007, 12:15:31 AM
I hope when we see Wolf's trophy room, there is like a missing spot, like thats meant for the predalien, potentially cheesy as hell, but it could be done right.

I too think Wolf is in this for the hell of it, he sees the predalien, and wants it.

Yeah I'm glad he isn't actually 'sent'.  Imagine some cheesy scene of an elder giving him orders and then he rushes to his ship.  The Strauses handled that scene well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed