Microsoft "Zune"

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 15, 2006, 04:20:03 AM

Author
Microsoft "Zune" (Read 7,492 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

a couple days ago Microsoft just released their first ipod rip off Mp3 Player called "Zune".  Anyone think it stands a chance against the ipod?

Darkness

Darkness

Probably not. The ipod is just too well-known.

Although I don't have one. Still have my Zen Touch which I bought two years ago.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

It won't stand a chance. My Creative MuVo is all I need.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How much does this beast cost?

maledoro

maledoro

I wasn't too impressed with Zune after leafing through a brochure. After the first of next year, I plan to by a ZEN Vision:M from Creative Labs:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14331

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

They are nice, I just don't need that much space for my lifestyle, just set up what I want for the day in the morning (if I need it at all).

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

It doesnt have a chance... Though it is the next best selling next to the ipod...
I work in wireless sales at best buy so thats the mp3 section and cell phones...
I know these things up and down and I totally hate the zune. I cant stand it.
It does have a very nice screen on it though but thats the only thing about it.

smokezero8

smokezero8

Looks Pretty Sweet I Have One Its Amazing

O'Malley

O'Malley

My uncle's actually on the software development team for this, which consists of only 20 or so engineers.  Still, that doesn't persuade me to part with my 80 gig video iPod. ::)

I think its biggest advantage over the iPod is that it's wi-fi capable.  I'm sure this was considered by Apple, but they probably rejected it due to the added bulkiness.  iPods are slim and fashionable.  Microsoft seems to be taking a different approach and developing the hardware first, then working on making it smaller, thinner, with a bigger screen, etc.  The fact that it has wi-fi is cool and all, but I don't really see any practical use for it at the moment.  Maybe somewhere down the line so you can wirelessly connect to your stereo receiver or TV or use it as a mobile browser or something.  But for now, all you can do is share songs with another Zune user for a limited amount of time.

The Zune network's a cool idea, but again, it's going to need some more development before it becomes favourable.  One of its restrictions is that the songs aren't in mp3 format, so you can't copy them or burn them to a CD.  It's the right approach when it comes to downloading music, but I think they're going about it wrong.

By the way, apparently "Zune" is a euphemism for genitalia among French-speaking Quebecers.  It's also especially vulgar in Hebrew.  My uncle got a good laugh out of that.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

another thing about the wi-fi thingy is that songs can only be transfered once and listened to about 3 times on the zune its transfered to... If i had one... Id like to listen to it a lil more than just 3 times...

xenopred66

xenopred66

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 12, 2007, 11:38:11 PM
another thing about the wi-fi thingy is that songs can only be transfered once and listened to about 3 times on the zune its transfered to... If i had one... Id like to listen to it a lil more than just 3 times...

im sure mircosoft are gonna update this just like they do with xbox live and make it better over time

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

yeah i know they will its not bad i just dont like it as much as the ipod yet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed