Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,000 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The 13th Warrior

Shame this was such a massive bomb. It's honestly really good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 02, 2020, 07:07:10 PM
The 13th Warrior

Still really want to see the Eaters of the Dead cut

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 02, 2020, 07:14:17 PM
The 13th Warrior

I don't think we ever will. Even out of prison now, McTiernan has no clout left, and I doubt Disney cares enough to spend the money. I'd mainly just like to see the original version of The Mother, and maybe more of the one warrior who's barely even visible in the movie. Also once you know what the look for, it's almost hilarious just how tacked on the bad guy with the horns is.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The 13th Warrior

So glad a friend dragged me to the cinema to see this. My first FSK16 (16 years+) on the big screen.

Atmospheric beast.   

j0nesy

j0nesy

favorite scene? for me, either the reveal that ahmed has learnt their language, or herger's duel with that huge dude

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Don't worry, Little Brother. There are more.

Prez

Prez

I've been trying to hunt down a good BluRay Region 2 version of the 13th Warrior for ages. Love that film.

Spoiler
First time I watched it though I must admit my initial (mild) disappointment in discovering the Wendols were merely human
[close]

That said it's a film I have been actually wanting to watch again in the past couple of weeks.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Add me to the list of people who think that film is hugely underrated.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 02, 2020, 07:35:52 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 02, 2020, 07:14:17 PM
The 13th Warrior

I don't think we ever will. Even out of prison now, McTiernan has no clout left, and I doubt Disney cares enough to spend the money. I'd mainly just like to see the original version of The Mother, and maybe more of the one warrior who's barely even visible in the movie. Also once you know what the look for, it's almost hilarious just how tacked on the bad guy with the horns is.

Maybe depending on how well The Snyder Cut is perceived, other studios might go back to some older films and releasing the originals

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 03, 2020, 05:54:02 AM
Don't worry, Little Brother. There are more.

It's Honey!

Wlvscrclwlvs

Wlvscrclwlvs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jun 02, 2020, 10:35:38 AM
Color out of Space

Phenomenal.  One of the most disturbing and gorgeous horror flicks I've ever seen.  Nic Cage seems tailor made for these weird, experimental movies.  His performance is subdued, and only exaggerated when it is absolutely necessary.  The rest of the cast are great, the setting, the tone, it all works.

His performance is subdued... He milks alpacas...haha

For me this film has some very good ideas but fails in its delivery alot of time and I get the feeling it was in the editing room that happened, there's numerous scenes that seem half done or don't really work in context of the overall story, the effects are really great mix of cg very much pinks and purples which is nice to see and practical effects which are awesome to see even if directly copying from the thing at points happens although really loved the mum and son creature alot. Nic cage for me seemed tagged on he wasn't as engaging as he was in mandy and the rest of cast was servely forgettable and generic( bug eyed goth daughter and stoner jock son) , that said its a low budget horror film in modern terms so it's to be expected I guess just doesn't hit for me as much I wanted Richard Stanley's comeback to film making to hit.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Jun 03, 2020, 07:53:47 AM
I've been trying to hunt down a good BluRay Region 2 version of the 13th Warrior for ages. Love that film.

Spoiler
First time I watched it though I must admit my initial (mild) disappointment in discovering the Wendols were merely human
[close]

That said it's a film I have been actually wanting to watch again in the past couple of weeks.

There are two Region 2 blu-rays, a German and a French disc. Which is more than Region 1 got.

And strictly speaking, 

Spoiler
The Wendol are leftover Neanderthals. The book only said as much in the faux non-fiction afterword, so it's not something the film could come right out and say.
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 03, 2020, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Prez on Jun 03, 2020, 07:53:47 AM

Spoiler
[close]

There are two Region 2 blu-rays, a German and a French disc. Which is more than Region 1 got.

And strictly speaking, 

Spoiler
The Wendol are leftover Neanderthals. The book only said as much in the faux non-fiction afterword, so it's not something the film could come right out and say.
[close]

Thanks for the heads up!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There were a number of interesting things in the script that weren't in the movie, including a resolution to the prince subplot...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know why I haven't seen The 13th Warrior before, but now I'm looking forward to watch it. No to mention I like epic heroes like Beowulf. There are echoes of that in Michael Crichton's novel, according to what I read.  8)

Now, if the movie is that good, it's a shame that bombed at the box office.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed