Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 953,278 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Played through Sonic Generations on 3DS yesterday. Some good design. Some bad design. Much better physics than the main console version.

Stupidly, I picked it upnsecond hand from CEX, thinking I'd never played it. It's true, I hadn't. But I had already bought it...   :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 11, 2022, 02:41:06 AMI havent played many MOH games.  Just the original, and then the modern reboots (in which the first is very good) that were based off real events in the GWOT.

The only thing I remember about the first one is that you become so badass by the end of the game, when a german sees you he shouts out in surprise, "It's Jimmy Patterson!!!!"  I always thought that was a kind of bad ass touch for a playstation era game. 
All the WWII ones are fun if you like shooting Nazis, MOH:AA was mind-blowing at the time it came out because it put you on Omaha beach at Normandy on D-Day, it was insane. I just cleared that level on my re-play right now. I think one of the only things holding it back is that it was intentionally rated T for teen so it has no blood in it whatsoever.

The soundtracks by Michael Giacchino are f**king fantastic, as well. Easily some of my favorite soundtracks period, video game or otherwise.

After I finish MOH:AA and its two expansions I think I'm going to replay Call of Duty 1 and 2, the sort of "successors" to the classic WWII Medal of Honor games.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Portal Mel on Story mode. Still fantastic. The puzzles were still quite difficult to solve but I never had to look in a guide or anything. I've started a playthrough on the Advanced Campaign though it doesn't seem all that different.

Got Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) campaign done as well. I only play Call of Duty's for the singleplayer campaign.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've actually started playing Half-Life. I never played it in the day, did the first couple of levels a few years ago but never made it far. I reinstalled it the other day, and I've been enjoying it now!

Kradan

Kradan

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
never
[close]
[close]
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alan Wake - Remastered

Finished episode five today. I like it so far, even if the constant ambushes get tiresome after a while and the possessed vehicle boss fights kind of suck.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Duke Nukem Forever. Just wanted to play and complete a mindless shooter with achievements.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I want to play that (I loved 3D as a kid) but I can't bring myself to give Gearbox even the slightest penny.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2022, 06:03:13 PMI've actually started playing Half-Life. I never played it in the day, did the first couple of levels a few years ago but never made it far. I reinstalled it the other day, and I've been enjoying it now!

Graphically it probably looks like ass now, but it really is one of the best first-person shooters ever made.

At least, it was the last time I replayed it.

There's a complete overhaul remake called Black Mesa built in the Half Life 2 engine. I played it back before the final few chapters were finished, but man was it incredible.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2022, 11:23:39 AMI want to play that (I loved 3D as a kid) but I can't bring myself to give Gearbox even the slightest penny.
Good news, then! The 2001 build of Duke Nukem Forever leaked about a month ago.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 13, 2022, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2022, 06:03:13 PMI've actually started playing Half-Life. I never played it in the day, did the first couple of levels a few years ago but never made it far. I reinstalled it the other day, and I've been enjoying it now!

Graphically it probably looks like ass now, but it really is one of the best first-person shooters ever made.

At least, it was the last time I replayed it.

There's a complete overhaul remake called Black Mesa built in the Half Life 2 engine. I played it back before the final few chapters were finished, but man was it incredible.

I started playing the original years ago now, but I got lost in the monorail level and never went back.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2022, 11:23:39 AMI want to play that (I loved 3D as a kid) but I can't bring myself to give Gearbox even the slightest penny.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2022, 05:58:54 PMFinished Portal Mel on Story mode. Still fantastic. The puzzles were still quite difficult to solve but I never had to look in a guide or anything. I've started a playthrough on the Advanced Campaign though it doesn't seem all that different.

Got Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) campaign done as well. I only play Call of Duty's for the singleplayer campaign.
I'm one of those weirdos who plays CoD for the singleplayer, too.

Like, I can have fun with the multiplayer, but my main draw is the singleplayer.

After you finish it, play Black Mesa and see what the overhaul does to the game.

Darkness

Darkness

I know the COD campaigns are really well-done, very cinematic so I always try to play them. I'm not really one for online games. That said, I did play COD WW2 a lot online and quite enjoyed it.

Wysps

Wysps

I wish they had made good quality Wads for Duke Nukem like they did for Doom 2  :(  What an opportunity lost.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed