Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,239 times)

Poltergeist Master

Poltergeist Master

I fell asleep watching Aliens for some reason...sooooo...yeah.

Alien
Aliens
Alien3
Alien Resurrection

Basically the order they came out.

Subject13

Subject13

Alien
Alien Resurrection
Aliens
Alien 3

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Mus on Mar 19, 2010, 08:46:28 PM
Quote from: The Hyena on Mar 16, 2010, 04:17:25 PM
Alien Resurrection.  Three reasons.

1) I'm a scientist

Am I the only one who finds this funny?

What's funny about it?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 06:28:51 AM

1) I'm a scientist

What's funny about it?

Any self-respecting scientist would snort and huff at and generally ridicule Resurrection, because the ''science'' in that movie was wonky as all hell.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It was very believable in parts (the only part I still don't understand is how they cloned Ripley 200 years later).

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

From blood taken from Fury 161.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know ;D but the blood is still there 200 years later? That's what bugs me.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

No. I think they just hadn't developed the cloning technology yet. They probably kept it in storage until they had perfected the science.

Xenostalker

Xenostalker

1) I'm a scientist
2) I loved the colouration of the ship.  A sickly colour, reflecting the experiments.
3) It was the biggest Psychological horror of them all.
Resurrection was a joke of a movie that should not of been made in my opinion. I think Ripley's demise after she dropped herself in the furnace would of been a great ending to the Alien franchise. The 4th installment was filled with bad acting, terrible plot, cheesy characters, and overdose of gore, and don't get me started on Winona Ryder, she stuck out like a very sore thumb!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 30, 2010, 09:08:01 PM
I know ;D but the blood is still there 200 years later? That's what bugs me.

Yup. DNA can last for quite some time if it's stored properly. And given the film was way into the future, it's possible they have new ways of preserving the stuff.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 30, 2010, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 06:28:51 AM

1) I'm a scientist

What's funny about it?

Any self-respecting scientist would snort and huff at and generally ridicule Resurrection, because the ''science'' in that movie was wonky as all hell.

That's not really what I mean, I just find the statement humorous. It's like me saying I like Alien because I'm a trucker. I get how interest in science would correlate to enjoying the science aspects in A:R but that sentence just looks cute by itself. :3

SM

SM

QuoteAny self-respecting scientist would snort and huff at and generally ridicule Resurrection, because the ''science'' in that movie was wonky as all hell.

And anyone with half a brain would snort and huff at anyone who pretended the other films were any different.

SiL

SiL

Unless they were snorting and huffing glue.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

Quote from: Xenostalker on Mar 31, 2010, 08:14:08 AM

1) I'm a scientist
2) I loved the colouration of the ship.  A sickly colour, reflecting the experiments.
3) It was the biggest Psychological horror of them all.
Resurrection was a joke of a movie that should not of been made in my opinion. I think Ripley's demise after she dropped herself in the furnace would of been a great ending to the Alien franchise. The 4th installment was filled with bad acting, terrible plot, cheesy characters, and overdose of gore, and don't get me started on Winona Ryder, she stuck out like a very sore thumb!
The sacrifice of Ripley in Alien 3 is truly heroic act, and is one of my favorite scenes of the franchise.  But the franchise's true ending should've been the very last scene of Aliens.  Period.  The rest is moot.

Race_of_Hunters

Race_of_Hunters

Alien / Aliens.  Interchangable for me.  There are both such different styles of cinema, yet both concepts are both so strong.  Aliens is very different from the claustrophobic horror of the original, and instead replaces it with spacious terror through sheer numbers of the creatures.  Aliens built so strongly off the first film, does its own thing while honoring the concepts of the first movie and even the beats and guidlines of the first film.  Alien is just pure sheer horror.  It's the epitome of sci fi horror.  But Aliens is this dark, twisted action epic.  I think the sequel is more fun, but the first is very frightening.  I voted for Aliens sheerly because at the end of the day I can watch it anytime and be entertained, as opposed to having to be in the mood to watch Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed