Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,145 times)

Scree

Scree

Quote from: Storyteller on Jun 25, 2008, 07:42:59 PM
Here we go:
                 I like all three movies of the trilogy equally. They form a great story, and really are just three chapters of one big movie. They have great creatures, great effects, and are overall the best movies I've ever seen in my life. And they were designed by the Great Stan winston.

................Wait, there's a fourth movie?
Yup. Alien Resurrection. Awesome movie. The latest and therefore most important chapter in the Alien Saga.

Reborn

Reborn

:(I was being sarcastic. Im trying to forget!!!!!!! :(

roguetrader

roguetrader

Quote from: Scree on Jun 25, 2008, 07:52:40 PM
Yup. Alien Resurrection. Awesome movie. The latest and therefore most important chapter in the Alien Saga.

To each their own but... "awesome", and "the most important chapter" are hardly things I would use to describe this A:R. 

Harkus

Harkus

A:R is entertaining but compared to the first three films it falls flat on it's face and gets curb-stomped.

Undeadite

Undeadite

If A:R would have been word for word the novelization (which could possibly mean the screenplay but I cannot say for sure because I have not read it) then you would think it much better.

Technine

Technine

A:R was a let down to the aliens series

joey44

joey44

Aliens 10/10

Alien 10/10

Alien Resurrection 8/10

Alien 3 6/10

AVP 5/10

AVP R 2/10

Bob

Bob

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 13, 2006, 12:31:40 PM
I liked the dark, eerie beauty of the movie. The bleak hopelessness that underlies the notion that nothing is certain and that one shouldn't expect a "Hollywood ending".

Aliens has been called a "roller coaster ride of a movie". In a way, the third movie was as well, but instead of rising into the air, the "ride" takes you underground, where one can almost see the "dark Satanic Mills" that Blake had written about.

Sure, one sees what one searches for, but there was a greater opportunity in Alien³ for one to find all kinds of metaphor, as it didn't rely on convention as Aliens had. There were all kinds of symbolism to be found in Alien³, especially Gnostic and alchemical. If there is any religious symbolism to be found, it's not the kind taught in Sunday School in little black books and pastel-colored paperbacks. It is more likely to be found in the writings of Böhme and the paintings of Bosch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/wink.gif

That's interesting.  What kind of Gnostic symbolism is in A3?

stroggificated

stroggificated

1. Alien

2. Alien 3

3. Aliens

4. Alien Resurrection

It's close on 2nd and 3rd place. The idea for A:R wasn't bad but the movie script was (and Winona. I hate her. No, im only joking ;)).

SpaceJockey

SpaceJockey

Aliens when ripley fights the queen in the fork lift suit or wut ever its called is my favorite scene from the Alien series.

Alien it has a quality i cant put my finger on this sense of horror but still greatly entertaining

Alien 3 it would have been a great movie to end the series but of course they always have to go to far which brings me to

Alien Resurrection major let down. From The bad script to the bad acting to walmart buying out the company.  ill just stop there :-X

gameoverman

gameoverman

I love them all.  But it goes for me:

1.  Alien - masterpiece, classic, timeless..

2.  Aliens - great sequel, thrilling action sequences, great technical achievement

3.  Alien 3 - awesome cinematography, acting, score, mood, Sigourney is brilliant

4.  Alien Resurrection - great visuals, off beat style, quirky characters, the only thing is it so different in tone to the other movies.

Lilywhite_Lilith

Lilywhite_Lilith

It's a toss up between Alien and Alien3, but for this poll I voted for Alien3 as I, rightfully, assumed more people would have already voted for Alien :)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I'm really surprised @ what a runaway victory "Aliens" has with this poll

xenomorph426

xenomorph426

for me it just happend to be the actual order of the series i love alien cause its the origanal and aliens is a driffernt feeling but was aslo one of the best chapters of ripleys life and aliens 3 brought us alien fans back to the original feeling of the first film and resserection was just liek another chapter just had a really differnt feeling it reminds me more of deep bue sea than any of the alien films as feeling wise

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 25, 2008, 02:54:23 AM
I'm really surprised @ what a runaway victory "Aliens" has with this poll

Why? It's considered by many to be the best of the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed