Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,313 times)

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I've said before i'll say it again

Aliens, i just got done watching it last night so its definetly my favorite.

vegadivine

vegadivine

Aliens by far to me is the greatest of the quadrilogy. The idea of hundreds of those things against a small military force was genius.

servant38

servant38

1 Aliens
2 Alien 3
3 Alien
4 Alien Resurrection

Just can't stop watching the second one. I also liked the dark atmosphere and music of the third one.

aliendude

aliendude

aliens in my opinion.alien resurrection was good until the newborn arrives you get very scared until you see the queen just gave birth to pumpkin head's brother >:(

Sprout

Sprout

Either of the first two. If I had to choose I would say the first. Still the most freaky of the all. But the second one always deliveres solid enjoyment.

Resurrection

Resurrection

I have to go oldschool and say I liked the very first Alien movie.  The dark atmosphere of it really was great for the theme of the Alien and how you never knew if it was going to pop up out of nowhere.  The other three just got worse after the first movie, Aliens was good in all but I liked the more "horror" feel of the first movie, since the last three were more science-fiction orientated. 

Crotum

Crotum

Aliens

Alien

Alien 3

AVP

Why, well, aliens is cool, alien is original, alien 3 i kinda dont like, they kill hicks!!!!, avp, it sucked, i like it but i was expecting WAY more.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: Crotum on Nov 27, 2007, 06:15:49 PM
Aliens

Alien

Alien 3

AVP

Why, well, aliens is cool, alien is original, alien 3 i kinda dont like, they kill hicks!!!!, avp, it sucked, i like it but i was expecting WAY more.

ur missing res.

vegadivine

vegadivine

Quote from: Xenonewborn on Nov 27, 2007, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: Crotum on Nov 27, 2007, 06:15:49 PM
Aliens

Alien

Alien 3

AVP

Res. don't count.  ;D Silly. Lol, jk.
ur missing res.

schwa

schwa

Aliens.  'Nuff said.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Aliens SE, Aliens, Alien DC, Alien, Alien3, Alien3 SE, Alien Ressurection (AR was so bad that I still haven't gotten round to watching the Special Edition and I got the Quadrilogy set in late 2004/early 2005).

vegadivine

vegadivine

Quote from: purebreedalien on Nov 28, 2007, 01:39:33 PM
Aliens SE, Aliens, Alien DC, Alien, Alien3, Alien3 SE, Alien Ressurection (AR was so bad that I still haven't gotten round to watching the Special Edition and I got the Quadrilogy set in late 2004/early 2005).

I want to say don't bother watching the Special Edition of Res., so I will. It's pretty lame. All you see is some extra crap that I guess was supposed to fill in "some" holes in the movie. Most of it is pointless and it makes sense that it was cut in the first place.

Gremlien

Gremlien

My favorite is Alien. I honestly rate them like this.

Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
(and way, way down there,) Alien Resurrection

Alien is my all-time favorite of the Alien (solo) films. It's truly the best one out of the bunch, and it works on every level it sets out to work upon. Alien 3 comes next because it is the one sequel that managed to actually feel like an honest-to-God sequel to Alien. Aliens is damn close to Alien 3, but the only thing that brings it back a little bit is that if you basically took out all the Alien aspects of the design and replaced them with random creatures, and took out all references to the first film, it could stand up as it's own movie, totally seperate from the rest of them. In other words, it felt a little more like a film that happened to be about Aliens, rather than an Alien film. A word about Aliens in a moment. Resurrection, well, I don't need to say anything about that. I don't despise it with every inch of my soul, but it's really below the rest of them.

Now, my word about Aliens. I may get a lot of crap for this, but I think Aliens is the most over-rated film of the series, and not only that, but it's strange how over-rated it is when you consider how different it was, and how much it changed. I always laugh when I read people whining about AvPR's little deviations and alterations, yet people cheer for the ones made in Aliens. Why? Because Aliens was only the second film. It was not a franchise yet. No one cared if Cameron literally f**ked with the design of the creatures, or added in things that never existed prior, or turned them all into bugs, and still, no one cares now. It came out during a period where actiony films of it's kind were PRAISED as HOLY, and at that kind of film, it is very successful, and I think that had a part to play. Those kinds of films were in when it came out. Also, the mystery. Where the mystery of the Alien in the first one was very, very high, it was smashed to pieces, and now the only real mystery left to them is what the Space Jockey's are.

Don't get me wrong, Aliens is a great film, and I'm always quick to watch it even if it's only half-way through, but still, I think it gets much more praise than it should.

alien 619

alien 619

well iam new i love aliens

so aliens , alien 3, alien 4 ,lucly last the first

1 put aliens first becuse of hudson he over become his fear and still did his job

alien is last becuse there was onley one alien cheap

Daniel

Daniel

Mine is Aliens, though the original is a classic.  ;D I didn't care for Alien 3 largely due to it being a prison movie.  Killing off Newt, Hicks, and Bishop five minutes into the movie didn't help either.  If you're going to tragically kill off these characters, have them survive the escape pod's crash landing and then die later on in the movie.  You can't feel sad for someone who's dead when you first see them in the movie. ::) Alien Resurrection would have been great if the gore, cursing, and sexuallity had been toned down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed