Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,303 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Arcangel on Nov 03, 2012, 05:26:15 AM
If you watch Nostalgia Critic: Alien Resurection, he perfectly describes my view of it. If you look at it as a spoof of the alien movies, it's hilarious. But it doesn't even classify as an Alien movie in my mind. Neither does Alien3. The death of Ripley, Bishop, Hicks and especially Rebecca(Newt) crushed me. I like to pretend they all lived happily ever after. Like in the comics! Newt lives, and grows into a fine adult. Of course, she still fights the Aliens, but she's alive. :/

Heh, I'll remember that if I ever choose to rewatch Resurrection. While I do agree to some extent about A3, I did enjoy it. It brought back to an extent I felt, the original sense of dread the first film had. I didn't get it as much with Aliens.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Arcangel on Nov 03, 2012, 05:26:15 AM
If you watch Nostalgia Critic: Alien Resurection, he perfectly describes my view of it. If you look at it as a spoof of the alien movies, it's hilarious. But it doesn't even classify as an Alien movie in my mind. Neither does Alien3. The death of Ripley, Bishop, Hicks and especially Rebecca(Newt) crushed me. I like to pretend they all lived happily ever after. Like in the comics! Newt lives, and grows into a fine adult. Of course, she still fights the Aliens, but she's alive. :/

I agree 100%

Arcangel

Arcangel

Yeah.... Freakin Ridley Scott and his terrible attempt at making more movies. He could have at least filled in the plot hole for alien3. That threw me. I still have no idea what he was thinking when he came up with it. "Hey guys, let's throw an alien egg on the sulaco, have everyone including ripley die, and then let every alien fan debate for years to come just how the f**k the egg got there!"

First pic: What scott was thinking.

Second Pic: What i think even now.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I'm gonna rewatch A:R and see how long I can keep from getting up and leaving..

Arcangel

Arcangel

Haha. Probably not very long. I can't even get past the fade in/out beggining with ripley breaking out of the 'giant novelty condom' as the Nostalgia Critic puts it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Arcangel on Nov 06, 2012, 04:30:50 AM
Yeah.... Freakin Ridley Scott and his terrible attempt at making more movies. He could have at least filled in the plot hole for alien3. That threw me. I still have no idea what he was thinking when he came up with it. "Hey guys, let's throw an alien egg on the sulaco, have everyone including ripley die, and then let every alien fan debate for years to come just how the f**k the egg got there!"

Ridley Scott didn't direct Alien3...

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 06, 2012, 11:53:27 AM
Quote from: Arcangel on Nov 06, 2012, 04:30:50 AM

Ridley Scott didn't direct Alien3...

Ummm, yeah, Ridley Scott had nothing to do with Alien 3.

SM

SM

:laugh:

Kicking goals there Arcangel...

Arcangel

Arcangel

Damn it....

Staplepuffs27

Staplepuffs27

For me it goes alien, aliens, alien Rez, alien 3, Prometheus, avp, avp2. I love them all though, so this list was really hard to make.

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) love the set design, and overall bleakness. Then Aliens (Great action and dialogue), Alien, AVP, Alien Rez, Prometheus, AVP:R.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Staplepuffs27 on Jan 18, 2013, 03:13:17 AM
For me it goes alien, aliens, alien Rez, alien 3, Prometheus, avp, avp2. I love them all though, so this list was really hard to make.
Rez higher then Prometheus?  ???

Staplepuffs27

Staplepuffs27

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 18, 2013, 04:56:55 PM
I have a soft spot for Rez as a huge firefly fan. Prometheus will probably grow on me as time goes on and the ranking may change. Just my personal favorites at the moment.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Staplepuffs27 on Jan 18, 2013, 10:31:55 PM
I have a soft spot for Rez as a huge firefly fan. Prometheus will probably grow on me as time goes on and the ranking may change. Just my personal favorites at the moment.
Oh well, at least you have Requiem at the bottom  ;)

Staplepuffs27

Staplepuffs27

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 18, 2013, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: Staplepuffs27 on Jan 18, 2013, 10:31:55 PM
Oh well, at least you have Requiem at the bottom  ;)
My expectations should have been way lower, but I was part of the group that bought into the trailers and was expecting a decent flick and improvement over the first (which I didn't think was THAT bad). Unfortunately, the filmmakers had no respect for the alien that was established as being much more feared and powerful throughout the franchise. They basically turned the alien(s) into generic slasher monsters :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed