New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 306,012 times)

Doomofman

I'm I the only one that thinks that guy isn't legit?

echobbase79

lol. What makes you say that?

Keith

Quote from: Maxwell on Jan 18, 2010, 03:45:24 AM
Friends....i didn't know it was possible but i just got a whole lot more excited about this film!

As for the "well over 7ft" not to create anymore arguments, but isn't Derek Mears 6'5? He is a Predator right?

I think our "industry insider" friend means to imply that they will make the Predators appear 7' or talller through camera techniques, or having them stand on boxes or whatever, not that the actors themselves are 7' tall.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Keith on Jan 18, 2010, 04:02:03 AM
Friends....i didn't know it was possible but i just got a whole lot more excited about this film!

As for the "well over 7ft" not to create anymore arguments, but isn't Derek Mears 6'5? He is a Predator right?

I think our "industry insider" friend means to imply that they will make the Predators appear 7' or talller through camera techniques, or having them stand on boxes or whatever, not that the actors themselves are 7' tall.

Oh they are for SURE going to have to use camera techniques. Goddamn. I met Derek and he was only a bit taller(but of course wayyy more muscular).

The Shuriken

Quote from: Keith on Jan 18, 2010, 04:02:03 AM

I'm quite surprised people complained about the size issue in the first place. I knew from the start that they would probably use camera special effects to make the Predators taller.

Keith

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 18, 2010, 03:53:17 AM

The thing he said that gave him the most credibility with me was the stuff about "certain actors appearing drugged or under the influence in certain shots". That just seemed too "inside" of a comment to make for any normal fan.

And there is one leaked picture where one of the actors looks a bit "goofy".

I can't prove the guy's legit. Take it for what it's worth.

DoomPredator

Eh... I'm not going to totally bash the design, but, as a designer, i'm let down by this.

The reason the AVP predators looked short and fat, and this was in the ADI commentary on Requiem, is that they couldn't have their 7 foot actor in two places at the same time. they had to use regular stuntmen then, they primarily used Ian for the hero predator. Requiem had a better predator design, but simply, that predator was a clean up guy! and lbh, the clean up guy Wolf looks like he could kick these three preds around like they were rag dolls! I'd prefer Winston's work than this crap. I pray for the health of the design being put into these guys hands. I'd prefer someone with history in working with a Predator.

Mike The Wolf

Quote from: Keith on Jan 18, 2010, 04:23:22 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 18, 2010, 03:53:17 AM

The thing he said that gave him the most credibility with me was the stuff about "certain actors appearing drugged or under the influence in certain shots". That just seemed too "inside" of a comment to make for any normal fan.

And there is one leaked picture where one of the actors looks a bit "goofy".

I can't prove the guy's legit. Take it for what it's worth.

Ok, I will be made fun of but which actor is suppose to look drugged from the pics, I guess I'm missing it

EarthHive

EarthHive

Brody looked a little goofy but I think that is from all the working out he has done...he probably eats 8 live chickens a day and benches 300lbs every five minutes. :D

Mike The Wolf

I was thinking he was still in his "role" face

Weasel

Weasel

Nice. :]

I'm digging that the preds have that "dusty tribal" feel to them. Though from what I could make out of the mask, I didn't find them to be all that interesting. Though shot in good light, with the post-production and a nice close up it will end up looking better I think. Pred face looks pretty good from what I can tell, but I think the eyes are some of the most important features so we'll see how they do there. Didn't really notice a "BSP" in pics but the predator pic (with the 3 of them) the pred on the far left looks like his mask might be pretty interesting. I'm also liking the "camp" with all the hides and stuff. Looks pretty ghetto and alien.

Mystic Ninja

Woke up and read the RT article from the insider; Preds are over 7foot, some even bigger!

I really hope this film is great, both critically and financially.

Highland

mmm, article almost sounds too legit. If what the guy says is true then it makes me a little more comfortable.

Doesn't change the fact that the pictures are still crap. Like how come we get a good shot of the regular pred and not the SP.

I still do not get what could make these predators stand out from the regular predators to the casual viewer, there's nothing instantly obvious that these guys are anything different. Which i thought was the whole point of the story (although i have not read the script)

Time will tell.

Mystic Ninja

The pics were taken from a camera phone

Highland

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 18, 2010, 08:50:35 AM
The pics were taken from a camera phone

I know , when i said crap, i meant what was in them, not the quality. Plus it only seems to be the dodgy predators that have a bad photo, the rest (normal pred) are ok.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed