Bullets.

Started by Xhan, Apr 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM

Author
Bullets. (Read 68,661 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 28, 2010, 02:55:18 PM
And do we know what's the best way to make our wishes known? Does Rebellion have a board? Should we just post DLC Threads with polls here? Or do you think there'll be some kind of feedback button in the game?

after release (no earlier than a week or month), people could make professional polls about wanting a
Authentic Realistic Species mode added as DLC, and then keep record of all the ideas players would believe would make each species more authentic and accurate for that mode.   

And then similiar ideas would be used as a new option for a future poll where the best ideas are gathered,  and then if it's organized welll and the best AVP fansites sources come together and make like a united thread where they sign and request Rebellionto make that mode, but before that request Rebellion to release their own polls of what tweaks  people want for each species (whether it's on a site they make or through an existing major AVP fansite or Sega's AVP website [I really hate the Sega Pass system, I activated the account and nowhere says what's my Segapass email, which is supposedly used as the login ID. ).

then the owners/leaders of those AVP fansites can email Rebellion (there are probably Sega and Rebellion people reading these boards, so they might also send the message if the demand is organized and big enough.)  since one or more might have connections or contacts with people who speak with Rebellion directly.

Networking and joining forces for a common request is a part of it.

Ultimately it's still up to them if they want to making that type of mode/DLC, even after the quests and polls, and most wanted list of species tweaks for that optional mode (always reminded them that it would be a separate MP rules option, or separate TDM mode if necessary.)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: affinity on Jan 28, 2010, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: AJL on Jan 28, 2010, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jan 28, 2010, 02:28:42 PM
I hope after enough people made their voices heard, that they'll release an authencity mode for the single player at least.

Doubtfull... Thats up to modders... (If mods are even going to be possible...)

mods won't happen for a long time.   Rebellion said they'll be open to community suggestions after the game releases and more time is spent on MP.   They said they will be open to DLC ideas and want to
expand the game with DLC.

They are more than capable to make an authentic species rules mode happen.  Just enough people
have to spread the word and make their demand heard loud enough for them to consider it.  It would
actually be easier to tweak the species instead of built a new campaign.

Wrong.

Not what Bickley said at all.

SDK is just as much as possibility as anything based directly on input, in two different interviews no less.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: affinity on Jan 28, 2010, 02:16:03 PM
if a lot of noisy people demand a separate, realistic/authentic rules mode as DLC, then Rebellion could possibly make it happen.
Not likely. It sounds fun on paper, and when I say "on paper" I actually mean "when you don't think about it" lol.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "authentic rules mode", but I figured you must be talking about making the character's melee and abilities more true to the movies and/or allowing the predator to start off with all of it's gear? And of course all of the de-cloaking bollocks gone.

If that's the case the game wouldn't even be fun. For the former you'd just have an extremely fast paced, mediocre, first person brawler where everyone is using the alien. For the latter you'd have.. something.. lol :P Everyone would be playing the predator, let's just leave it at that.

The reason I say it sounds fun on paper is because when you think about it on that level, you're thinking about creeping around in the dark as the alien and stalking marines. You're thinking about hiding in trees as the predator, cloaked whilst targeting enemies with the plasma caster.

But none of that would ever happen, because everyone has the same idea.. I suppose the most obvious flaw in the idea of a "realistic" game mode is that there would be no marine players. Sorry, no sane marine players.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Jan 29, 2010, 04:13:21 AM
Quote from: affinity on Jan 28, 2010, 02:16:03 PM
if a lot of noisy people demand a separate, realistic/authentic rules mode as DLC, then Rebellion could possibly make it happen.
Not likely. It sounds fun on paper, and when I say "on paper" I actually mean "when you don't think about it" lol.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "authentic rules mode", but I figured you must be talking about making the character's melee and abilities more true to the movies and/or allowing the predator to start off with all of it's gear? And of course all of the de-cloaking bollocks gone.

If that's the case the game wouldn't even be fun. For the former you'd just have an extremely fast paced, mediocre, first person brawler where everyone is using the alien. For the latter you'd have.. something.. lol :P Everyone would be playing the predator, let's just leave it at that.

The reason I say it sounds fun on paper is because when you think about it on that level, you're thinking about creeping around in the dark as the alien and stalking marines. You're thinking about hiding in trees as the predator, cloaked whilst targeting enemies with the plasma caster.

But none of that would ever happen, because everyone has the same idea.. I suppose the most obvious flaw in the idea of a "realistic" game mode is that there would be no marine players. Sorry, no sane marine players.

There would still be people hardcore enough to play that mode.   plus it would be optional.

Brother

Brother

A guy on these forums was saying that we mus pay for DLC and zomg making it is so expensive ect. Now it makes sense to him that they will make a mode for only hardcore players to play, when only they buying it won't even cover the costs of making the mode...hmm interesting.

Dusk

Dusk

Would it be that difficult to simply change certain game rules? Like increasing the damage done by a Pulse rifle or having the Predator decloak less?

Brother

Brother

If they put that in the host options which I doubt.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 29, 2010, 09:55:41 AM
Would it be that difficult to simply change certain game rules? Like increasing the damage done by a Pulse rifle or having the Predator decloak less?

That would be easy... But it would just screw everything up...

The kind of "Tactical/Realism" features and changes I would like
are a "little" more complex than that... And they are never going
to happen as DLC or Expansion... (Not the way I like anyway...)

And...

Even IF they did (by some miracle...) I still wouldn't be satisfied,
at least not for long, because for me the modding it self is just
as big part of the fun as playing... maybe even biger later on.

So... I want the SDK, Source code and all... Not some DLC... 8)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

According to my understanding the dev tools are possibly going to be released in the future. In the same way, seemed to me that between lines (or not) what worries them is to bring you a quality mod tools set, instead of a bunch of pre-alpha versions of it.

Zephon

Zephon

Total realism + Online gaming = Fail.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The issue with 'realism' is that AvP isn't realistic.

Both major creatures are fantasy monsters, and their abilities, strengths and weaknesses change with the person in charge. Even if you made a 'realistic' mode, it would contradict a canon interpretation of the creature.

For the most part, Rebellion have done well with capturing each of the combatants.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Zephon on Jan 29, 2010, 03:36:30 PM

Perhaps... But its not all black and white you know...

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Total realism = server settings.

I do explain: If a crowd want to play an FPS with one shotgun, 1 grenade plus a pistol, and they have plenty of fun with it then I'm cool with that. Deserves all my respects and I even play that way some day.

Server settings

Dusk

Dusk

Just add options, options and more options. You can never have too many options. It's not like you'd lose any customers. Heck, you might even gain some more.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: AJL on Jan 29, 2010, 03:49:04 PM
Quote from: Zephon on Jan 29, 2010, 03:36:30 PM

Perhaps... But its not all black and white you know...

It is in the case of realism. There is no grey. It's realistic or it isn't. And personally I don't want to play a game where 1 bullet kills me. Where a wound needs weeks to heal. Where I wander arround crippled if I get hit wherever. The moment you change any of that a game stops being "realistic". You can't put stuff like that in a game. Hence no game can ever be completely realistic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed