Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,783 times)

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: DendaReloaded on Apr 04, 2017, 09:10:51 AM
@Adorianu ure 12 go home

as for the rest of those who are either dumb or blind:
https://media.giphy.com/media/k4M3po6DqkRva/giphy.gif

seems as lighting also can thicken ur wrist and twist the living f**k out of metal components

On Alien yeah wrist is bigger,but on  the rest hand ,its the light mostly,maybe one line closer to his elbow is deeper more  distinct.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

@ russ
yes! lighting has also the ability to cause confusion among certain users after big amounts of exposure, leaving the eye damaged permanently.

@adorianu
ure 12 stop educating us with wrong info and misleading the internet into believing ur bullshit. while u're at it, go watch some educational videos about lighting, in english if possible.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: DendaReloaded on Apr 04, 2017, 09:19:13 AM
yes! lighting has also the ability to cause confusion among certain users after big amounts of exposure, leaving the eye damaged permanently.

Good that you can recognize your own flaws :D

Quotego watch some educational videos about lighting,

Oh you so mautre :D,you can apply this advise for youself :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't make me ask again gents...

And sniped. If you're incapable of interacting or disagreeing as adults, just don't. Let me know if you don't think you can do that and I'll remove your abilities to post. Thanks.  :)

Russ840

Russ840

Hicks. I assume that 'sniped' comment was aimed at me as my post was removed. Thats not what I was doing on that post. I was serious about not being rude. I don't come here for that.

Apologies if it came off that way

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yours wasn't the only post I removed but it was aimed at those posts I did remove. It did come off that way but thank you for the apology.

AXOR

AXOR

ARE WE ACTUALLY ANALYSING THE WIDTH OF THE ALIEN'S WRIST, OR HOW DEEP IT'S ELBOW GOES....PLEASE. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. I am a huge fan, and much prefer it when the design of the creature stays closer to that of the first two movies, ideally the first one. But really, I mean really picking apart details mentioned by me previously, that's ludicrous. 

Russ840

Russ840

Cool. Definitely not my intent. Perhaps the 'LOL' was in poor taste at the beginning. I was just laughing at how childish it was getting.

Sorry again.

Evanus

Evanus

What's that spike thingy coming out of her back?

zoidy

zoidy

That's the chair, no?

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

that thing that "rises" behind her are the same waves of light that travel across the surface the frames before, based on speed etc. its just light illuminating the "wall" behind her i guess. no alien

@Hicks forgive my sins please

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 04, 2017, 09:40:00 AM
What's that spike thingy coming out of her back?

Looks like tail at first,so my first thoughts:

But who knows maybe its the lighting ;> xD

John Doe

John Doe

It´s shaw, i made a spanish video about this:

locusta

locusta

Wow, guys. No need to freaking go into a fight because of something so obvious in all the business these days.

These trailer materials are some times month apart from creation. All latest movies teaser, first and second Trailer and then the final film have huge differences. Especially the CGI.

As an explanation, why the Xeno looks not only different because of the updated lightning of the scene, is the level of displacement mapping (look it here up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping)

The first renders have to be done quick and high settings of displacement are heavy on render time. Even my models differ by settings from half an hour per frame up to 4 h! Of course a house like MPC has huge render farms and can facilitate data we can´t even imagine, but this process takes just huge amount of time and marketing is doing it´s own thing along that.

Other reason as well, sometimes they even change the render engine. So the first footage might have been on a more light level (some even use Unreal Engine and similar) and the end render in final quality is Render Man. Huge difference of appearance.

For example, Guardians of the Galaxy use two different CGI studios to do Rocket Raccoon and Groot. As well they used different render engines. Trick is the end comp and grading.

And for the guys wondering why the ship changed, this is full CG scene. No ship, no sky, no Alien. Full out of the tin. And there will be plenty of those.

And now let´s enjoy the last 45 days of waiting time :D

ReluctantNerd

ReluctantNerd

Wow, I'm quite creeped out by
Spoiler
the shaw hologram and how hopeless she looks and sounds, and it does seem like something "bursts" from her back in the end (and that moment is accompanied by a music cue so it does seem to be significant
[close]
I do find it amusing that engineer technology is apparently very advanced except for holograms. But their look is very convenient for horror movies :)
And
Spoiler
the fact that the "Shaw" trailer basically shows first Shaw and some hints as to her fate, and then the eggs, does support the theory that she's the source of them
[close]
All in all, despite having spoiled myself silly with this movie already, it seems like it's going to be something I want to see. And with this kind of cruel and horrific follow up, Prometheus is starting to look like a naïve fairy tale, just like Shaw's beliefs, which can serve as a nice contrast to the horrors that await.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed