Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,599 times)

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:17:39 PM
lol, i understand what you mean, i really do, but i'm rather refering to the actual shot.
the shot looks odd, it moves odd. thats my problem with it.

Agreed - but it's a very quick TV spot. I'm almost certain it's the editing that makes the movement appear so odd. In fact, I'd bet money the actual shot in the film is much longer and it takes longer for the mouth to open and for the head to lunge. Frames have been removed for a fast movement that'll create a jump in the ad.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

anyway, looks like the neomorph looks a lot like the deacon with the mouth shut.

and a non-blue skin.

the more i see the deacon, the more i start liking it more and more, especially that it has no tail.

neomorph looks like it's jaw/mouth moves a lot visually like this deacon statue

Ingwar

Ingwar

I don't think we gonna see practical effect in the classical way. Sure, they have been used for the movie but they have been CGI make-overed (converted) to preserve consistence in Aliens look. Imagine one scene with CGI Xenomorph and another without CGI. Seems odd. What do you think?

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

btw, something i don't understand though.

we saw these leakes:

i really love this grey xeno-neomorph one. i absolutely love it. adore it. i was hoping to see this in the movie,
but by what it looks like, we get that 'bumface' - even though it looks haunting with the mouth closed.

is there a chance we still get to see this beauty?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

we saw these leakes:

i really love this grey xeno-neomorph one. i absolutely love it. adore it. i was hoping to see this in the movie,
but by what it looks like, we get that 'bumface' - even though it looks haunting with the mouth closed.

Pretty sure that's just a failed experiment, not an actual Neomorph.

rabidranger

rabidranger

I've never been under the impression the xenomorph is some sort of ultra intelligent being. It's a pretty simple creature with limited motivations.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

we saw these leakes:

I bet this is just one of David's failed attempts with its wonky side bite.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

:(

but it looks so cool

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:28:05 PM
anyway, looks like the neomorph looks a lot like the deacon with the mouth shut.

and a non-blue skin.

the more i see the deacon, the more i start liking it more and more, especially that it has no tail.

neomorph looks like it's jaw/mouth moves a lot visually like this deacon statue

Check page 10,i wrote about Neomorph and Deacon look :)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i know! (y)

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Whether they improve the CG or the animatronic and suit versions of the Neomorph can make a significant difference to how it appears in the final film, we will have to wait and see. But to be honest, even then, I'm not sure I can call myself a fan of the design; at least not of the adult. As others have already said, its very generic of countless creatures we have seen in videogames and B horror movies over the last decade or so.

I have a lot of admiration for the talent of effects artists and creature designers, but often think the one thing many of them lack, in comparison to Giger, is originality. I guess that's the rare quality that separates the talented from genius.

I know most creature effects artists have nothing but admiration for Giger and are inspired by him. But deep down there must be a hint of envy, that a fine artist like Giger, without even trying, could create a movie monster that broke the mould.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Fan art. Love it!

Stolen

Stolen

Do you have examples of this generic creatures please ?  :(

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think it looks great, are we sure the shot of the alien in the shower is cgi?

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 03, 2017, 09:55:34 PM
I think it looks great, are we sure the shot of the alien in the shower is cgi?
I've been saying all day on here it's practical :-) i'm not sure why people think it's CGI. Maybe the water is making people think it's CGI, I don't know. It's a closeup rather than a full body shot, it's exactly the sort of shot they build (and they did apparently) the mechanical alien heads for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed