J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 51,156 times)

Darwinsgirl

I just got this!   5 Stars!  * * * * *  8)

One of the things that stand out are the brilliance of the color illustrations. They leap off the page. It is a delight for the eyes. Story boards...photo's. Wow!  So looking forward to reading it. ;D

This is a must have book for any fan of ALIEN as others have already said.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 26, 2019, 05:51:39 PM

One of the things that stand out are the brilliance of the color illustrations. They leap off the page. It is a delight for the eyes. Story boards...photo's. Wow!  So looking forward to reading it. ;D

That's very encouraging, makes me feel even more confident in my decision to have pre-ordered four copies - one for reading and the others for my collection.

We are so blessed that ALIEN generates such top-quality reading material.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 26, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
That's very encouraging, makes me feel even more confident in my decision to have pre-ordered four copies - one for reading and the others for my collection.

Then you'll be happy to know the book comes shrink-wrapped!  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

My copy just came in 8)

Elmazalman

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 26, 2019, 08:43:38 PM

Then you'll be happy to know the book comes shrink-wrapped!  ;D
Great! Mint condition then.

Darwinsgirl

[quote author=Elmazalman 

We are so blessed that ALIEN generates such top-quality reading material.
[/quote]

I agree. And I'm thinking of buying another one. I wasn't able to go entirely through it at work today.

Usually the printing information is on the reverse of the title page...it wasn't there? I wanted to check by waiting if I still got a first printing. I go thru it more thoroughly when I get home

Prez

Prez

Reading all this praise makes me even more pissed off with Booktopia for f**king up my pre-order from December!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Elmazalman

Quote from: Prez on Jul 26, 2019, 11:48:34 PM
Reading all this praise makes me even more pissed off with Booktopia for f**king up my pre-order from December!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I ordered a copy from them and received the same response you did.

All the positive comments make the wait even more torturous.

Will probably suffer through this again with the Lippincott book.

Drukathi

Another review from Alien Theory. We can see the pages.

Elmazalman

Thanks for the video! Exactly what I was looking for.

The Old One

The Old One

Looking good!

Darwinsgirl

Found the printing information it's in the back of the book. Along with the bibliography. This is another bonus for me since I collect the printed word. Many listed I own but not all. ;D

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 26, 2019, 05:51:39 PM

Why do you need 3 copies for your collection? ???

drsmuts

Mine isn't expected from Amazon UK till at least September. Sigh.

XenoHunter99

Thanks for the video. Looks great! Will look forward to the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed