Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series

Started by KiramidHead, Nov 04, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

Author
Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series (Read 30,969 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

QuoteWarner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author's "The Lord of the Rings" novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages. No deal has been set.

The studio and the Tolkien estate have been shopping a series based on the classic fantasy novels and their assortment of hobbits, wizards, and warriors, sparking a competitive situation from which Amazon has emerged as the frontrunner. Representatives for Amazon and Warner Bros. declined to comment.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-1202606519/

Ingwar

Why not? I cannot stand Jackson's trilogy except Fellowship which I really like.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 04, 2017, 07:56:57 PM
Why not?

Because I love the whole trilogy. This is just a shameless cash grab by WB.

skhellter

Use the John Boorman script.

plz.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 04, 2017, 08:11:51 PM

Use the John Boorman script.

plz.  :laugh:

That I would actually watch for laughs. They could expand the bit with the Hobbits tripping out on shrooms into a whole episode.

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2017, 08:11:22 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 04, 2017, 07:56:57 PM
Why not?

Because I love the whole trilogy. This is just a shameless cash grab by WB.

You love it and I don't even like it :) Matter of taste. Cash grab or not it might be a good series.

Alionic

It would at least have good production values with Amazon. Just look at The Man in the High Castle.

x-M-x

Screw this.... i want a SILMARILLION MOVIE NOW.

SM

Not sure remaking the books is the best idea.  The films are still pretty recent in people's minds and comparisons will be inevitable.

Master

Quote from: x-M-x on Nov 05, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Screw this.... i want a SILMARILLION MOVIE NOW.
Yeah, I thought about Silmarilon when tv series was mentioned. It`s to fresh for this new thing to work imo.

Shasvre

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Shasvre

I think they've already established that this won't be an adaptation of the books, but rather a show that will take place before the events of LOTR.

Huggs

Tom was better left in the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed