very negative review from RT: SPOILERS.SPOILERS.SPOILERS.

Started by geestewart, Dec 20, 2007, 12:00:15 AM

Author
very negative review from RT: SPOILERS.SPOILERS.SPOILERS. (Read 8,167 times)

geestewart

On IMDB.

.....and as expected it blows, and given that southland tales was the last movie I'd seen beforehand it fared no better. For those a little curious as to how Ive seen it, well....I work in a cinema which has been advertising all week a special christmas staff screening of an unreleased movie which they promised us would be one we would all want to see....it was AVP 2, they were wrong. And this is a 100% true, I wouldnt waste time making up such crap and find that sort of carry on pretty pathetic otherwise.....I just really hated this movie

Probably the worst thing about this movie outside the fact that its spitting on the legacy of 2 of the best sci fi/action movies of our time is what I call the lack of plot/terrible acting/woeful dialogue arc thats present throughout. the lead character whose name I cant remember the ex-con is particularly bad, this guys acting is an insult to inanimate objects made of wood everywhere, all his lines sound like they were taken directly from random hero sound board #2 including a cringeworthy "get to the chopper" and the hands down line of the movie, a dead pan, in the rain "people are dieing" to the sheriff with who for reasons known only to the rules of b movies have a mutual respect for each other, we never find out why(he gives him a lift at the start of the movie,they're pally see)

The rest of the characters are 2 dimensional clichés we've seen a thousand times before with random characters appearing as fodder to be dispensed with as soon as they are inexplicably introduced ,the fight scenes especially those between the predalien and the predator are terribly shot and you never can quite make out exactly which is which just 2 black shadows grappling up close, the ending is a rehash of countless other movies/videogames that reside within the genre...which for those who may be interested is as follows:

The remaining survivors commandeer an armored personnel carrier and receive radio transmission that the military will provide an evac from the center of the town however one of the group doubts the claim and gives info that theres a helicopter on the hospital roof(earlier the predalien enters the hospital and impregnates 4 pregnant women who give birth to a sundry of about 4 or 5 aliens each), the group argue run into more survivors heading to evac and split into 2 groups and a new fodder sorry character is introduced, they arrive some are killed as predicted although this provides the movies best moment when a wayward predator shuriken kills the dumb cheerleader/slut/teen love interest, they go to the roof main dude gets the predators gun shoots a lot of aliens, predator comes fights the predalien, the ex con his annoying little brother and the iraqi war vet and her daughter(who shape up as a terrible ripley/newt facsimile throughout the movie) escape in the chopper, the 2 big boys 2 black blurs tumble around ending with the predators spear in the aliens head and the aliens tail through the predators chest, the miltary drop an A bomb and the rest of the survivors along with the near death predalien and predator are obliterated, the chopper survivors crash in the woods and are met by the military who take the pred gun off the guy made of wood, cue to a scene of the shady military type from the radio transmission bringing a briefcase to a woman in an office only for it to reveal the pred gun, she mumbles something about it not being for this world and his response is "but its not meant for this world...Ms Yutani"........and thats it, an absolutely terrible way to end an absoulutely terrible movie, infuriating as a fan confusing to the general public.

This is a stinker of a movie and I urge you not to go see it so that possibly in the future it might deter execs from handing over cash to fools to make this crap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92631175

:(

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

NBOOPPOOOOOOOOEspd kfs kohfokzhdsi!~ 

Quote.....and as expected it blows, and given that southland tales was the last movie I'd seen beforehand it fared no better. For those a little curious as to how Ive seen it, well....I work in a cinema which has been advertising all week a special christmas staff screening of an unreleased movie which they promised us would be one we would all want to see....it was AVP 2, they were wrong. And this is a 100% true, I wouldnt waste time making up such crap and find that sort of carry on pretty pathetic otherwise.....I just really hated this movie

Probably the worst thing about this movie outside the fact that its spitting on the legacy of 2 of the best sci fi/action movies of our time is what I call the lack of plot/terrible acting/woeful dialogue arc thats present throughout. the lead character whose name I cant remember the ex-con is particularly bad, this guys acting is an insult to inanimate objects made of wood everywhere, all his lines sound like they were taken directly from random hero sound board #2 including a cringeworthy "get to the chopper" and the hands down line of the movie, a dead pan, in the rain "people are dieing" to the sheriff with who for reasons known only to the rules of b movies have a mutual respect for each other, we never find out why(he gives him a lift at the start of the movie,they're pally see)

The rest of the characters are 2 dimensional clichés we've seen a thousand times before with random characters appearing as fodder to be dispensed with as soon as they are inexplicably introduced ,the fight scenes especially those between the predalien and the predator are terribly shot and you never can quite make out exactly which is which just 2 black shadows grappling up close, the ending is a rehash of countless other movies/videogames that reside within the genre...which for those who may be interested is as follows:

The remaining survivors commandeer an armored personnel carrier and receive radio transmission that the military will provide an evac from the center of the town however one of the group doubts the claim and gives info that theres a helicopter on the hospital roof(earlier the predalien enters the hospital and impregnates 4 pregnant women who give birth to a sundry of about 4 or 5 aliens each), the group argue run into more survivors heading to evac and split into 2 groups and a new fodder sorry character is introduced, they arrive some are killed as predicted although this provides the movies best moment when a wayward predator shuriken kills the dumb cheerleader/slut/teen love interest, they go to the roof main dude gets the predators gun shoots a lot of aliens, predator comes fights the predalien, the ex con his annoying little brother and the iraqi war vet and her daughter(who shape up as a terrible ripley/newt facsimile throughout the movie) escape in the chopper, the 2 big boys 2 black blurs tumble around ending with the predators spear in the aliens head and the aliens tail through the predators chest, the miltary drop an A bomb and the rest of the survivors along with the near death predalien and predator are obliterated, the chopper survivors crash in the woods and are met by the military who take the pred gun off the guy made of wood, cue to a scene of the shady military type from the radio transmission bringing a briefcase to a woman in an office only for it to reveal the pred gun, she mumbles something about it not being for this world and his response is "but its not meant for this world...Ms Yutani"........and thats it, an absolutely terrible way to end an absoulutely terrible movie, infuriating as a fan confusing to the general public.

This is a stinker of a movie and I urge you not to go see it so that possibly in the future it might deter execs from handing over cash to fools to make this crap.

^ Does not compute. . .

Johnny Handsome

This review is on IMDB a long time ago now.

PS: I´m really looking forward to the movie now, i cant wait. 8)

ShadowXeno

Sorry but no need to show us SOME stuff that seem pretty obvious.

Plokoon111

That review sounded great! I want to see it so bad! It seems like a good alien movie too, the pred alien design rocks, and I think this movie beats AR, A3, and AVP by a long shot!  ;D

Venom

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 20, 2007, 12:05:55 AM
That review sounded great! I want to see it so bad! It seems like a good alien movie too, the pred alien design rocks, and I think this movie beats AR, A3, and AVP by a long shot!  ;D
lol ditto ;D

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Venom on Dec 20, 2007, 12:09:27 AM
Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 20, 2007, 12:05:55 AM
That review sounded great! I want to see it so bad! It seems like a good alien movie too, the pred alien design rocks, and I think this movie beats AR, A3, and AVP by a long shot!  ;D
lol ditto ;D
I can only agree here. See you later guys... with some more good reviews of this great popcorn movie.

Plokoon111

Ohh its a pop corn flick, and a great visual film!

Bronx19

lmao at all the denial.  Completely ignore everything and claim greatness.

SiL

See, at least I never say the movie is shit. Yet here's Plokoon saying the movie is great.

Bronx19

"Great visual film" LOL.

NotBadForAHuman

Ultimately, everyone will make up their own minds regardless of what anyone else says. Reviews are guides on what to expect from the movie with someone's point of view along with it. Surely people can't expect critics to be 100% accurate. Is that really so hard to fathom? Reviews will always be good and bad.

Plokoon111

Shut up Sil I am intitled to my own opinion. I hate Alien Rez, AVP, I love Alien, Alies, P1, P2, and Alien is my favorite. So I do like the way this movie is turning out!  ;D Three cheers to the Strause Brothers!

SiL

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 20, 2007, 12:35:47 AM
Shut up Sil I am intitled to my own opinion.
You haven't even seen the damned movie. You can't say it's good, because you don't know. It's not an opinion, it's a baseless assumption.

NotBadForAHuman

Quote from: SiL on Dec 20, 2007, 12:38:03 AM
Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 20, 2007, 12:35:47 AM
Shut up Sil I am intitled to my own opinion.
You haven't even seen the damned movie. You can't say it's good, because you don't know. It's not an opinion, it's a baseless assumption.
took the words right out of my mouth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed