Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul

Started by Space Sweeper, Jun 04, 2011, 04:29:15 AM

Author
Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (Read 149,841 times)

Nightmare Asylum

To be honest, I loved the meditative structure of the film, which the extended scene in the apartment is incredibly representative of. It took itself at a steady pace (one could say it was indulgent in that regard, but if so, then it earned that indulgence coming off of the good graces of the series) and was introspective in a way that the show couldn't really be just by the nature of its structure. The apartment and the length of time we spent there allowed us to spend a lot of time with Jesse as he figured out his situation at hand and came to terms with his current mental and emotional state. It was in the apartment, I think, where he decided that he had a chance, and that he wanted to live.

To echo something that Vince Gilligan said in a recent interview, El Camino was in no way necessary. You don't need it to appreciate or understand or get a sense of closure from Felina. What El Camino is, at its heart, is an epilogue providing emotional closure for a character that we've come to love and appreciate as the moral center of the series (and, at the same time, an excuse for Gilligan to indulge in his Western fantasies yet again). In some ways it is a structurally lot like the episode Fly, and if you ask me that is a very, very good thing.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I definitely felt that a bit of closure was needed on Jesse's part after BrBa.

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
My boy got away. :')

El Camino's final moments make me so happy. It is exactly what I inferred from Felina's ending but getting to see it ramped up my emotional repsonse tenfold. It really does feel like proper emotional closure now for a character that absolutely deserved this glimmer of happiness in his future.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

El Camino was worth it for Todd being Todd if nothing else. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Old One

The Old One

I'll send my Brother that BTS, big Breaking Bad enthusiast.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So the 23rd of February is a Sunday. Episodes 1 and 2 of season five are going to air on the 23rd and 24th, and then for episode 3 onward it is going to solely air on Modnay nights.

That is the same exact release pattern that season one had.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2019, 09:57:56 PM
So the 23rd of February is a Sunday. Episodes 1 and 2 of season five are going to air on the 23rd and 23th, and then for episode 3 onward it is going to solely air on Modnay nights.

That is the same exact release pattern that season one had.

What is the difference between 23rd and 23th? :D

Nightmare Asylum

Clearly that says "24th."

S'all good, man. 8)

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Can't wait, the end is nigh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed