The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,530 times)

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

'Not really.'

That's your argument? So, unable to argue logically, you just resort to fobbing off my argument?

Anyways, yes, he has clarified his post, so it is now a moot point.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2010, 10:13:37 PM
QuoteWhose chest did that ermerge from?

bahahaha

SM

SM

QuoteAnyways, yes, he has corrected himself, so it is now a moot point.

No, I 'clarified' for the confused.  Not, 'corrected'.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

When I hear Alien, I think of the adult Alien. I think of the Alien in terms of Egg, facehugger, chestburster, and adult (Alien). So when I read a post talking about the Alien, I think of the adult. If the topic is the Facehugger, it makes more sense to say facehugger instead of saying Alien. Alien=Adult. We all say Queen Alien, not just Alien. Same idea with this. If you mean facehugger.... I didn't need SM to explain he was talking about the adult alien, along with most everyone else I am sure.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I believe its a breathing apparatus not a trunk.

I'm pretty sure I read in a book by the artist who designed the creature it was a breathing apparatus. Ill dig it out and scan it when I get the chance.

I think the trunk theory is based on the comics.

SiL

SiL

Giger never said it was a breathing apparatus.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I'm pretty sure he did but I may have misunderstood.

You guys are the experts.

Anyone has anyone confirmed it was a trunk? Apart from the comics.

Master

Master

Jockey is still "a f**king alien!" His trunk can be composed of bones, cause he isn`t an elephant but "a f**king alien!" And to brake your argument trunk is kind of nose so technical speaking this is breathing apparatus. Bony structure that looks like trunk of fossilized alien creature that probably was used as breathing apparatus.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

that's a good way of putting it  :D

SiL

SiL

We don't know if it was even used as a breathing apparatus, either. We have literally no way of knowing what it was used for. It may just well be its sternum for all we know.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

i think it would be nice if they explained the Space Jokey physical looks a bit so we know what one really does look like that's not dead.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Master on Jan 12, 2010, 09:44:51 AM
Jockey is still "a f**king alien!" His trunk can be composed of bones, cause he isn`t an elephant but "a f**king alien!" And to brake your argument trunk is kind of nose so technical speaking this is breathing apparatus. Bony structure that looks like trunk of fossilized alien creature that probably was used as breathing apparatus.

It wouldn't be a trunk if it had bones in it. It might be similar to one, but not an actual trunk, because a trunk in animal terms is the fusion of nose and upper lip into a prehensile proboscis. There's no bones involved.

Master

Master

Do you have a bone in your dick? I don`t think so. But some animals have a bone, others have a chondrus. Does it mean that they dosen`t have a dick cause there is no bone nor chondrus involved? Same situation is with trunk of "a f**king alien!" fossil.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jan 12, 2010, 12:17:15 PM
Quote from: Master on Jan 12, 2010, 09:44:51 AM

It wouldn't be a trunk if it had bones in it. It might be similar to one, but not an actual trunk, because a trunk in animal terms is the fusion of nose and upper lip into a prehensile proboscis. There's no bones involved.

Well, since you put it that way....I forgot we are talking about real Aliens and not about Aliens in a Science Fiction film. If you were talking about the Aliens in the movies I would have to argue your trunk theory, but since you are not...... ::)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Jockey looks to me as an elephant based anthropoid.. and pretty fat as well. But.. jockey an alien-alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed