AvP: Requiem on PSP

Started by Wweyland, Jun 10, 2018, 06:36:16 PM

Author
AvP: Requiem on PSP (Read 6,047 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

The melting of dead facehuggers (are there any live ones?) and collecting Predator ship parts is cute.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 09, 2018, 04:15:29 PM
The melting of dead facehuggers (are there any live ones?) and collecting Predator ship parts is cute.
I recall a small snipet back in 1997-1998 that was telling how Alien versus Predator was going to be an action adventure in which you had to go looking for ship parts and weapons as a predator. I imagined a radically different game then we've gotten.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There were plans for another AVP in the 90s that was directly based on the comic, called "Terror on Ryushi." Maybe that was for that game?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 09, 2018, 07:49:07 PM
There were plans for another AVP in the 90s that was directly based on the comic, called "Terror on Ryushi." Maybe that was for that game?
No, it specifically mentioned Rebellion as developer. Still, I would approve an AvP based on the comics or even the Briggs script (which I still love).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

THREAD NECROMANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I recently got my hands on a PSVita and homebrewed the shit out of it, which included putting a PSP emulator on it.

Naturally, I loaded AvP Requiem on it.

I haven't actually played it yet, I just wanted to share my poor decision making skills.

Kradan

Kradan

Even if it was based on that shitty movie, having an AvP game on my recently bought PSP was truly magical

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 26, 2023, 11:10:27 AMEven if it was based on that shitty movie, having an AvP game on my recently bought PSP was truly magical

I didn't know about this game until now  :o is the game better than the movie as in the case of Alien Resurrection?

Kradan

Kradan

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Yes
[close]
[close]
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Although the ending fight is bad (not against what you might expect), the actual cinematic is good and improves the movie.

The Alien: Resurrection game is an underrated classic compared to this.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 26, 2023, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 26, 2023, 11:10:27 AMEven if it was based on that shitty movie, having an AvP game on my recently bought PSP was truly magical

I didn't know about this game until now  :o is the game better than the movie as in the case of Alien Resurrection?

The game's developers outright admitted they had no idea what the plot of the movie was. So it very loosely follows it but that's fine since the game is entirely from Wolf's perspective. Some things are changed but it's a result of not knowing more than actually making changes to the script.

Spoiler

- The crash happens at night
- The kid's facehugging is omitted
- No Predalien
- Praetorian appear and in larger numbers
- Some slight continuity errors like Wolf being Scar in the opening and ending cutscene and Scar's body actually being visible in the game despite it not being on the scout ship in the movie, also portrayed as Wolf weirdly enough despite it being present for multiplayer.
- Some decoration in the highschool levels put the game in the year it released rather than 2004.
- There is a Queen but you never fight it
- Wolf lives in the game where he is said to have died in Hunting Grounds and died in the movie. Making this to date the only time a movie Predator has lived albeit he survives in the tie-in.
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

The final boss is bizarre in comparison to the movie

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wait, there's no PredAlien in the game? Like, at all?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 27, 2023, 07:13:45 PMWait, there's no PredAlien in the game? Like, at all?

Nope. The devs had no idea of it was implemented at all and early scripts had it die in the crash. So there would've been no way for them to know if it made it into the movie until the trailer dropped.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 27, 2023, 11:49:21 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 27, 2023, 07:13:45 PMWait, there's no PredAlien in the game? Like, at all?

Nope. The devs had no idea of it was implemented at all and early scripts had it die in the crash. So there would've been no way for them to know if it made it into the movie until the trailer dropped.
That's wild haha

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 26, 2023, 02:21:43 AMTHREAD NECROMANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I recently got my hands on a PSVita and homebrewed the shit out of it, which included putting a PSP emulator on it.

Naturally, I loaded AvP Requiem on it.

I haven't actually played it yet, I just wanted to share my poor decision making skills.

I have AVP Classic installed on my Vita and finally got the right stick inverted so I can actually play it.

Love the vita.

Have a few Alien games on there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed