Ellen Ripley/Sigourney Weaver future roles for the franchise

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 09, 2018, 03:55:30 PM

What do you for the future of Ellen Ripley/Sigourney Weaver?

Reprise her role as Ellen in Blomkamp's Alien
11 (20.8%)
Reprise her role as Ripley 8
7 (13.2%)
Reprise her role in a series
1 (1.9%)
Voice acting roles in games and animation
10 (18.9%)
New actor playing Ripley
1 (1.9%)
More books and comics with Ripley
2 (3.8%)
No more Ripley
34 (64.2%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
Ellen Ripley/Sigourney Weaver future roles for the franchise (Read 11,085 times)

The Cruentus

Here, have some tissue.

Russ

Thanks, man.  :D :D :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just to emphasize how unaffected the overall universe was by Alien 3, Gibson's script could have been easily modified and repurposed as Alien 4.

Just have the fire-gutted Sulaco roll into Anchorpoint and replace Hicks with some other reluctant hero who was already stationed there (named Turk, of course).

Or change the Sulaco to the Patna and have Michael Bishop show up bearing a royal facehugger carcass and the Bishop-android's upper body.

SiL

Yeah, there were a shitload of ways they could've gone before "200 years later, all the things you liked are gone!" after A3.

Hell, you still could've done AR within spitting distance of A3's timeline and kept all of the familiar elements. I'm not sure why it was pushed so far forward.

Local Trouble

How else would we have gotten DiStephano getting worked up about "dude, an auton!"

The Cruentus

At least you didn't get his other line  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Is that his "eat my f**k" line or whatever it was Joss shat out that day?

The Cruentus

Frosty Venom

When you think about it Sigourney Weaver is just about the only thing that remained perfect through all four original Alien films.

Her, the set designs and scores.

The Old One

The Old One

The same can be said for Michael Fassbender, doesn't mean it should be the David Franchise anymore than the Ripley Franchise.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Oct 10, 2018, 10:28:37 AM
Yeah, there were a shitload of ways they could've gone before "200 years later, all the things you liked are gone!" after A3.

Hell, you still could've done AR within spitting distance of A3's timeline and kept all of the familiar elements. I'm not sure why it was pushed so far forward.

Probably to keep Ripley's sacrifice in Alien 3 still somewhat meaningful. I mean, what would have been the point of her offing herself and the unborn queen if you had Aliens running around all over the place a couple weeks later? At least with A:R's timeframe humanity got a 200 year break from the Aliens, though ideally the series should have ended at 3.

SM

It would just mean that Ripley's sacrifice was as pointless as the deaths of Hicks and Newt.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 13, 2018, 04:58:12 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 10, 2018, 10:28:37 AM

Probably to keep Ripley's sacrifice in Alien 3 still somewhat meaningful. I mean, what would have been the point of her offing herself and the unborn queen if you had Aliens running around all over the place a couple weeks later? At least with A:R's timeframe humanity got a 200 year break from the Aliens, though ideally the series should have ended at 3.
Well there was that 57 year hiatus between Alien and Aliens. Maybe they were paying homage?

The Old One

The Old One

So, make the next entry stylistically as though you were going to set it after AlienĀ³ then,
just change the date so it's a hundred or fifty years after AR.

CristianoRonaldo7

I want Ripley directed by Ridley Scott in ALIEN 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed