The "Alien" skull in Predator 2

Started by EJA, Mar 12, 2021, 12:21:44 PM

Author
The "Alien" skull in Predator 2 (Read 9,464 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I ignore Ridley's prequels  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

"Look upon my works ye mighty and despair."

SiL

SiL

I ignore everything after 01:57:23 of Alien. Miss me with that credit sequence, IDGAF.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2021, 08:55:51 PM
Different continuity.

And Aliens generally have skin over their skeleton.

I don't think it's the case with the first AVP (I think the exoskeleton just kind of pops off) but in Requiem we see a Predator peeling back the skin using some sort of laser cutter thing.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 14, 2021, 12:13:46 AM
The way I understood it is that they have two continuities.
Three, according to Andrew Gaska.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 14, 2021, 01:47:38 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2021, 08:55:51 PM
Different continuity.

And Aliens generally have skin over their skeleton.

I don't think it's the case with the first AVP (I think the exoskeleton just kind of pops off) but in Requiem we see a Predator peeling back the skin using some sort of laser cutter thing.

As Xenomorph point out, there are three continuities. I guess Alien, AVP and Predator. What I understand, however, is that The Predator acknowledge AVP.

EJA

EJA

So AVP is kind of like Fox's Logan, which basically ignored all the X-Men movies after the first three (with the possible exception of X-Men Origins: Wolverine)?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 14, 2021, 06:38:18 PM

Gaska's work is for licensing. But besides that, Gaska admitted, his work with Predator ended before The Predator.

So I would say two:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Logan does not ignore anything actually, he's still got the dogtags so it does not take place within the timeline of the first three films as he lost them at Alkali Lake, he's got danzan on his wall meaning a version of The Wolverine took place,  so it either takes place in a post Days of Future Past and Apocalypse timeline judging by the last after credits scene that's likely, or a completely standalone timeline.
https://youtu.be/z0h-f-rA39I

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2021, 09:18:17 PM

Gaska's work is for licensing. But besides that, Gaska admitted, his work with Predator ended before The Predator.
He's clarified that licensing continuity and fiction continuity are the same thing as far as FOX is concerned, and things were still 3 continuities up to the FOX acquisition (i.e., after The Predator). Whether that stays the same under Disney remains to be seen.

BlueMarsalis79

I pity Predator if it's saddled with the AVP films all alone. Let's just put AVP/AVP Requiem/The Predator/AVP 2010 into their own box, lock it, and throw it in the ocean. (In terms of canon and continuity)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 15, 2021, 02:30:04 AM
I pity Predator if it's saddled with the AVP films all alone. Let's just put AVP/AVP Requiem/The Predator/AVP 2010 into their own box, lock it, and throw it in the ocean. (In terms of canon and continuity)
AvP2010 is cool and good.

BlueMarsalis79

And unfortunately ties itself to AVP and AVP Requiem through audio logs and the nonsense character of Karl Bishop Weyland.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 15, 2021, 02:07:51 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2021, 09:18:17 PM

He's clarified that licensing continuity and fiction continuity are the same thing as far as FOX is concerned, and things were still 3 continuities up to the FOX acquisition (i.e., after The Predator). Whether that stays the same under Disney remains to be seen.

Yet Gaska is just a "canon consultant" not Fox, a canon consultant that stopped working on Predator before "The Predator". So he has no standing to  nullify what the director, cast, or the film itself presented to us. None.

You've taken an interesting 180° Xenomrph. You used to be against that guy explaining what's canon or not. Now* you're that guy, and we're not even talking license canon but continuity? Bizarre change of events my friend!

*spelling

BlueMarsalis79

Don't fight you guyz. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed