Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,683 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Just heard about this after watching/listening to the AVP Galaxy Podcast so i just jumped straight onto here for more scoop.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I worked with Noah Hawley years ago and got to talking with him. Obviously, his shows have been good and I trust him, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would make an Alien prequel set on Earth. Unless we are talking about after Covenant and taking off from there. Still, doesn't anyone else see the problem with Xenos on earth before Ripley? Because it just seems like waving a flag around that says "Prequel mistake 101" to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 13, 2020, 12:16:03 AM
I worked with Noah Hawley years ago and go to talking with him. Obviously, his shows have been good and I trust him, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would make an Alien prequel set on Earth. Unless we are talking about after Covenant and taking off from there. Still, doesn't anyone else see the problem with xenos on earth before Ripley? Because its just seems like waving a flag around that says "Prequel mistake 101" to me.

Yeah, there's like three different levels of "WTF" with the "set not too far in the future here on Earth" that I just can't wrap my head around. How soon is "not too far in the future?" Pre-Prometheus? Post-Covenant? Does it disregard the prequels? I'd say maybe they could be doing something after Alien 3 (or after Alien: Resurrection) but neither of those options feel near future to me. And mostly, why set it on Earth, a location which the entire franchise has explicitly made a point of avoiding in any significant capacity?

I know more information will be coming in time, and I just need to be patient and wait for that, 'cause right now I'm just asking the same questions in an endless cycle...

acrediblesource

The TED TALK Mentioned 2020 or so in terms of major technological acheivements. So it would definitely have a futuristic vibe to it. I would think maybe there is now knowledge of what Prometheus's crew had discovered so it might be set after Prometheus and then  to covenant maybe?

Nightmare Asylum

Being set "far after Prometheus" absolutely sounds reasonable... which makes what makes the timeframe they described in the reveal so confusing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 03:52:58 AM
Being set "far after Prometheus" absolutely sounds reasonable... which makes what makes the timeframe they described in the reveal so confusing.

Still hoping it was to explain to the investors it'd be a hundred years or so out, rather than deep future like other shows that might be on the go.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 13, 2020, 04:42:38 AM

Still hoping it was to explain to the investors it'd be a hundred years or so out, rather than deep future like other shows that might be on the go.

I am absolutely hoping the same, but the same terminology was used on the Tweet to announce it to the public as well:

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1337170861179117572

irn

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 13, 2020, 03:10:06 AM
The TED TALK Mentioned 2020 or so in terms of major technological acheivements. So it would definitely have a futuristic vibe to it.

It could be about Weyland's rise to glory, starring Guy Pearce.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: irn on Dec 13, 2020, 05:40:07 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 13, 2020, 03:10:06 AM
The TED TALK Mentioned 2020 or so in terms of major technological acheivements. So it would definitely have a futuristic vibe to it.

It could be about Weyland's rise to glory, starring Guy Pearce.

Well, trillionaires rising to power matches the "scary" description from the Tweet all right...

Necronomicon II

If Hicks could just *wink* that the further details he knows are good or exciting. Just wink  :D

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

It sounds like they're just pitching it to investors. The "not so distant future" part and the Earth setting makes it sound not as expensive to shoot and produce, and the Alien/Aliens shout-outs are just buzzwords, just like they're mentioning Ridley Scott's involvement etc.

The show will most likely take place post-Covenant on some shit-hole colony and/or dinged up space station with some other locations here and there to keep it fresh.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 04:47:01 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 13, 2020, 04:42:38 AM

I am absolutely hoping the same, but the same terminology was used on the Tweet to announce it to the public as well:

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1337170861179117572

Is the whole thing verbatim, or just that phrase?

Necronomicon II

Maybe it's from the perspective of someone that's survived an encounter and is now on earth telling their story, etc.

Master

It'll be about illegal Aliens and bunch of USCM bought back to earth to help deal with problem. Action takes place simultaneously at Mediterranean area and at border of Mexico. You heard it here first folks  :P :P :P

Necronomicon II

The Rise of Burke.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed