Death Stranding (Kojima video game)

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 08, 2017, 10:58:36 PM

Author
Death Stranding (Kojima video game) (Read 15,679 times)

molasar

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2019, 01:26:03 AM
The Witcher Wild Hunt > anything else from the current generation.
What is so special about it gameplaywise?
I got it with the expansion pass and completed it in 2015 but I could not force myself to play new packs after completing MGSV.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 21, 2019, 12:59:34 AM
Quote from: molasar on Nov 20, 2019, 02:59:42 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2019, 03:55:45 AM
Watched the first 3 or 4 hours of it. The first hour was great, but everything since then has been so-so.
The game cannot be experienced by watching gameplays.

That's the benefit of Kojima games. They're 99% movie.  :laugh:

Perhaps Kojima wants to be a filmmaker. So he express his fantasies through his games.

Kimarhi

Developers gonna make games how they want to make them.  Up to the gamer to decide whether he wants to play a more cinematic experience or not.  MGS despite the extemely in depth narrative is one of my all time favorite games. 

This year I also really enjoyed Detroit Become Human, and the gameplay is essentially QTE only with the rest being cinematics and dialogue. 

The Old One

The Old One

The only good David Cage work.

Kimarhi

I have a fondness for HR despite the cheeze.

The Old One

The Old One

And the Director being an enormous creep, the twist making no sense and "JASON!"

Kimarhi

I remember being disappointed when the murderer was revealed originally, but now it doesn't bother me as much. 

Immortan Jonesy

About his next project so far. 

Quote from: Hideo Kojima via The GuardianKojima knows his fans crave provocation. So, after introducing the world to a postie-simulator and a psychic baby in a pickle jar, what is next for him? "I can't say right now, but it's something you've never seen," says Kojima excitedly. "It's a game, but also a movie ... no, I'm starting to say it! Right now, you can broadcast Esports and people watch it. What's the next step? A creator creates a game, someone plays it, and in the future the viewers could become creators, too. I can't say more than that."

https://twitter.com/nordicinst/status/1195741172846776322

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1197880438603145216

Nightmare Asylum

Welp, it too me a long time (about 44 hours, spread over the course of about two months) but I finally beat this.

And I absolutely adored it.

Kimarhi

I was quite bored of the gameplay, but loved the story.  It ended up being underrated.

It reminded me of how I felt about Isolation.  I loved the world, but the gameplay was boring in that game.

I loved the story in Stranding, but disliked the gameplay.  But I generally don't like big open world games that are empty without NPC interactions to carry the journey through. 

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

PC port of any new content please......

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Stitch

Stitch

I still haven't bothered continuing Death Stranding. The first two hours or so was enough to interest but also overwhelm me, and then the next mission I just kept failing. I'll continue it again at some point, I guess. Maybe when the PC gets the extra content...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed