The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 91,342 times)

Predaker

Predaker

From this:

To this:

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 04, 2012, 10:56:55 PM
This game looks awesome but the story is an abortion. Now you can play as Hicks and Hudson? This is handling the series cheaply.

Yes, you could say the same thing about killing Newt and Hicks, but at least losing Newt was in service of the story in ALIEN 3. They made Ripley's death pointless.

Hicks and Hudson are multiplayer skins...

Chris!(($$))!

The Pulse Rifle changes colors from brown to green depending on lighting.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Hope they put in fall damage for the marines that jump at 0:45 was way too high to just walk away unscathed.
Comabt seems kinda floaty at the moment with aliens always just clawing at the marines only to be ground into a pulp when they're shot at.

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2012, 11:29:49 PM
The Pulse Rifle changes colors from brown to green depending on lighting.
The same happens with the xenomorphs.

Nutlink

Nutlink

Get.  Rid.  Of.  The.  Red.  Dots.  PLEASE!

Having an IFF on the motion tracker is irritating and removes any suspense from a blip.  They obviously didn't have them in Aliens, otherwise why would Gorman have asked Apone where his men were when Newt was setting off the tracker?

Predaker

Predaker

I think they are well aware of this by now.

The problem I think is possibly with play testing results. They tested it, and the tracker is most likely worthless in the heat of combat without the red dots.

Something tells me they are here to stay, unfortunately.

Nutlink

Nutlink

I know, but I wish they would at least make it an option for single player/coop and a server side setting for MP.  As for them being worthless, the old AvP games were MUCH faster paced and the tracker wasn't useless then.  The point is to give you a heads up that something is coming your way, not to inform you whether it's a friendly or enemy.  Just another example of someone holding my hand when I'm trying to cross the street on my own, so to speak.  Personally this is the ONLY thing I've seen so far that is stopping me from buying it on both 360 and PC instead of just the PC.

Deathly_rYaN

Just forget about the red dot already!!!

Who cares. They are balancing it out.

If Aliens can see through walls, we should get read dots.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Nutlink on Jun 05, 2012, 12:38:06 AM

Having an IFF on the motion tracker is irritating and removes any suspense from a blip.

I don't understand the hooplah over the red dots. It would be a hell of a lot more irritating and ultimately detracting from the gameplay if they made the dots the same color.

SM

SM

The blood spray looks a bit more realistic.

And put me down as against the red dots.

Nutlink

Nutlink

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Jun 05, 2012, 02:32:46 AM
Just forget about the red dot already!!!

Who cares. They are balancing it out.

If Aliens can see through walls, we should get read dots.

I could care LESS if the Aliens can see through walls.  They want to call this an authentic experience centered around Aliens and yet they're removing the tension that the motion tracker brings.  YOU may not care about it, but I sure as hell do.  Balance be damned, I don't want my tracker to have any damn red dots.

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Jun 05, 2012, 02:50:14 AM
Quote from: Nutlink on Jun 05, 2012, 12:38:06 AM

Having an IFF on the motion tracker is irritating and removes any suspense from a blip.

I don't understand the hooplah over the red dots. It would be a hell of a lot more irritating and ultimately detracting from the gameplay if they made the dots the same color.

I know, right?  Just like they were in the movie, AvP 1, and AvP 2!  ::)

SM

SM

Thing is in the film they're shown not to be completely precise.  Reading friendlies as hostiles is a distinct possibility.

Deathly_rYaN

They as well just make an option to turn on/off the red dot :|

WinterActual

I didn't liked the shown mp map. I am not talking about the detail and the setting but the size. This is huge map. I never liked big open maps in AvP 1 and AvP 2. For me Aliens fighting Marines scenario will always stay in the CQB in the corridors  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed