Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,332,031 times)

iain

iain

That prologue killed my hype.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I personally like Fallen Kingdom a lot more than the first Jurassic World.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I may have a thing for indoraptor, I just love it too much

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

But the cage scene was sooo cartoony and goofy, it was really stupid.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think this has ever worked as a franchise.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Well that ok it's your opinion and I'm not changing it, i'm just putting my thoughts on the Indoraptor that all. I do you agree that the cage scene was goofy but I found it in a good way.  But it's ok to think otherwise I'm not gate keeping

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Fallen Kingdom is definitely a bit goofy, but that's partially why it works better than the first Jurassic World. Bayona's a much more interesting director than Trevorrow, and his film actually has a bit of style that he brings to it, especially once they reach the pretty absurd horror mansion stuff in the second half.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 26, 2021, 05:03:07 PM
Fallen Kingdom is definitely a bit goofy, but that's partially why it works better than the first Jurassic World. Bayona's a much more interesting director than Trevorrow, and his film actually has a bit of style that he brings to it, especially once they reach the pretty absurd horror mansion stuff in the second half.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I liked the gothic horror atmosphere in that part of the movie.

Kradan

Kradan

I've seen only chunks of Fallen Kingdom and all I remember is dinos running around the mansion. I think it was a neat idea

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 26, 2021, 07:27:17 PM
I liked the gothic horror atmosphere in that part of the movie.

https://s10.gifyu.com/images/CapitalFreeEchidna-size_restricted.gif
Totally agree. It was awesome.

nanison

nanison

Good to know I'm not the only one who likes it.
I feel people always want their action movies to be realistic and everything needs to be plausible and explained. That is not the point of making an action/ adventure spectacle though. With the dinosaurs now running amuck in cities there should be endless possibilities to come up with insane set pieces.
Some movies get away with it like fast and furious franchise, mission impossible or marvel films others are held under a magnifying glass to criticize everything that isn't even remotely realistic like fallen kingdom. Maybe double standards I don't know.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, first Jurassic Park was praised for being somewhat scientifically accurate. I guess, it set the expectations for following entries

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed