First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 46,117 times)

"Yeah baby, yeah."

Janek rules.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 14, 2012, 11:58:09 PM
In my honest opinion, the criticism of LMG is a bit over the top.  He's a bit annoying, yeah, but that seems to be his character and theres no way in hell he's going to stop me from enjoying the rest of the film. 

I like how the soundtrack here sounds kind of saddening.  I really wish they'd take out the lettering for PROMETHEUS, as its not present on any other images on the Weyland Industries website, and it does look pretty bad compared to the other effects...
I do like the inclusion of the numbering however.

They get Marshall-Green and Fassbendger
and we get ..?? Theron and Rapace? I am guessing Ridley's logic is this -

Guys will come for the nerd show, but the girls need something to not be so opposed to the whole idea.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2012, 11:54:20 PM
Really, I don't know, but it certainly is strange that it's you guys that seem to be the most anti-Holloway out of anybody else (not saying others aren't around, they're just far less vocal). Gives off a real unintentional "Pshht, that guy? Yeah, no.  ::) ::) ::) [ohgodIwouldhitthatinlessthanasecond]" vibe. Or maybe that's me...
NO.
Is anyone bitching about His Royal Uber-Hotness Michael Fassbender? No. Cuz he's a good actor.
LMG just sucks.

In any case, none of the boys are bitching about Charlize Theron anymore, though it was an early issue that people took... until they saw her in the space suit. My point is that this just seems to be a remnant of the "too classically good looking" 'controversy', and I doubt that most of this has to do with his line delivery, seeing as there's an unfocused line of complaining between his delivery and the way the character is written. The reactions so far seem to be as if he's being played by Tommy Wiseau, if Tommy Wiseau had model-eske looks. Charlize for the boys, Logan for the girls, but the girls don't want him.
What gibbon would bitch about Charlize Theron? She's a great actress and she's stunning to look at, much like Sigourney.

ThisBethesdaSea

LMG was fantastic in Devil. I'd like to see the entirety of his work in Prometheus before passing final judgement.

Space Sweeper

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 15, 2012, 12:08:16 AM
What gibbon would bitch about Charlize Theron? She's a great actress and she's stunning to look at, much like Sigourney.

Can we have a vote here - who think Sigourney Weaver is attractive? I know that I just don't She is ok looking, and I think she is a fairly decent actress. I mean she can get the job done. But is she anything to look at exactly? uhh .. not for me.

Theron is a great actress - and I do think she is attractive - but she isn't a bombshell figure either though.

I just think the women got the better end of the deal in terms of eye candy - not that that was your original point anyway.

ChrisPachi

Watching the clip in HD with headphones there are some great sound effects in there, especially the whooshing and clattering of the ship as it comes in to land in the valley. It feels so real, which is exactly what we want and IMO has similarities to the landing sequence in Alien. The music is great as well.

Quote from: Qwertify on May 15, 2012, 12:13:16 AMCan we have a vote here - who think Sigourney Weaver is attractive?

She is the most gorgeous woman in the universe. End of. ;D

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Qwertify on May 15, 2012, 12:13:16 AM

Can we have a vote here - who think Sigourney Weaver is attractive? I know that I just don't She is ok looking, and I think she is a fairly decent actress. I mean she can get the job done. But is she anything to look at exactly? uhh .. not for me.

Theron is a great actress - and I do think she is attractive - but she isn't a bombshell figure either though.

I just think the women got the better end of the deal in terms of eye candy - not that that was your original point anyway.

It all boils down to individual opinions.  I don't think it's fair to say women get better eye candy than men in Prometheus and vice versa.

Michael Fassbender does nothing for me.  I get that there's loads of women and men who thinks he's sex on legs but I personally don't find him that attractive.  He is a great actor though and I do look forward to seeing his performance in Prometheus.

Logan Marshall Green is easy on the eyes but his character annoys me to the point where it's difficult for me to say I find him attractive at all.

Idris Elba is quite handsome and talented.  The same goes for Guy Pearce and Patrick Wilson.

Charlize Theron is a stunner and she's an incredible actress.  She has the entire package, in my opinion.

Noomi Rapace is beautiful.  She has a unique look to her and she's also really easy on the eyes.  I haven't seen much of her work but she appears to be quite talented.

Deuterium

Something tells me you would think Grace Kelly was pretty plain, as well.  I mean, no biggie, beauty is subjective, and everyone has a different view on such things.  IMHO, Sigourney is a classic, statuesque beauty.  Charlize is simply stunning, plain and simple.

Space Sweeper

Sigourney Weaver is attractive.

Theron is a great actress and a bombshell figure.
Edited out of your words to convey my opinion.  ;)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2012, 11:54:20 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 11:33:41 PM
What exactly are you implying, Sweeps? :P
Maybe you guys are so intensely critical of his every movement and vocal emission because you thought, since before you heard him open his mouth, he was a little bit too good looking for the part...?

Really, I don't know, but it certainly is strange that it's you guys that seem to be the most anti-Holloway out of anybody else (not saying others aren't around, they're just far less vocal). Gives off a real unintentional "Pshht, that guy? Yeah, no.  ::) ::) ::) [ohgodIwouldhitthatinlessthanasecond]" vibe. Or maybe that's me...

...Hmm...mm...  :-[

In any case, none of the boys are bitching about Charlize Theron anymore, though it was an early issue that people took... until they saw her in the space suit. My point is that this just seems to be a remnant of the "too classically good looking" 'controversy', and I doubt that most of this has to do with his line delivery, seeing as there's an unfocused line of complaining between his delivery and the way the character is written. The reactions so far seem to be as if he's being played by Tommy Wiseau, if Tommy Wiseau had model-eske looks. Charlize for the boys, Logan for the girls, but the girls don't want him.

I'm male, think LMG is a pretty poor actor and my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with his looks, which I hadn't even noticed or considered until others started to remark about his 'hotness'

The Charlize Theron comparison is ridiculous because not only is she beautiful she's also an excellent actress
If they
I couldn't really care less how good looking or otherwise an actor is when it comes to movies like this, it's the performance I care about.

Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, both very handsome men in their prime who could act LMG under any table, you wont hear me complaining about 'believability' when it comes to their line delivery.......and don't give me that 'douchey character' excuse for LMGs lameness

Some of the greatest and most memorable performances were by actors playing characters who were total assholes, 'douches' if you like

LMG is simply a crappy actor....end of discussion

thecaffeinatedone

Oh hai mark, just feel like jumping in here and giving my opion. *clears throat* I don't think Logan Marshall Green is a shitty actor. He can be monotonous at times, but not really a shitty actor. I'm sort of interested to see how his douchyness will play off other characters, like Shaw, Janek, Fifield, etc. The scene with David where he basically gets told off about his thesis was good. He seems to be playing a different type of douche than the one he played on Law & Order, so it kind of shows he's capable of variety. I can happily suspend my judgement til I see the movie.

ThisBethesdaSea

Why can't we all reserve judgement until we see the film?

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Deuterium on May 15, 2012, 12:45:57 AM

Something tells me you would think Grace Kelly was pretty plain, as well.  I mean, no biggie, beauty is subjective, and everyone has a different view on such things.  IMHO, Sigourney is a classic, statuesque beauty.  Charlize is simply stunning, plain and simple.

Yeah Grace Kelly is ok. Believe it or not I think Ginger Rodgers is fairly good looking. Beats me.
Theron also - no doubt.

ThisBethesdaSea

One of those photos of LMG (not LGM) is of his identical twin....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed