Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 396,898 times)

SM

SM

"The CGI Fifield was sooooo much better!!"
"The Alien suit in Covenant was sooooo much better!!"

BlueMarsalis79

Yes both of said opinions can exist simultaneously, because Fifield's CGI's superb and the design's superior, whilst the CGI for the Praetomorph's subpar and takes up much more screen time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've no issue with CGI, but I do think bad practical effects have a charm that bad CGI doesn't.

Practical effects also have a tendency to age far better. Just look at the O.G. Star Wars movies. Yes there's some ropey stuff in those, but the space battle in the third one still looks incredible even now, and it's all practical.

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2021, 09:02:49 PM"The CGI Fifield was sooooo much better!!"

Tbf I suspect that has little to do with the fact it's CGI and everything to do with the design. That thing was creepy af.

SM

SM

I found the Weta Fifield looked and acted 'too CGI'.  And Weta is the best at that sort of thing.

If something doesn't come out the way they want - and both Prometheus and Covenant have that - many assume any alternative is automatically better.  If we ended up with the CG Fifield and live action suit in Covenant, people would complain that the live action Fifield  and CG Alien were better.  It's like death and taxes.

There's a number of ropey things in the battle in ROTJ that become more obvious as home media gets better and better.  Considering all the work Lucas did, I'm surprised they weren't fixed.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 15, 2021, 04:37:30 AM
I've no issue with CGI, but I do think bad practical effects have a charm that bad CGI doesn't.

Practical effects also have a tendency to age far better. Just look at the O.G. Star Wars movies. Yes there's some ropey stuff in those, but the space battle in the third one still looks incredible even now, and it's all practical.

These are all fair but a bit subjective points. I can easily imagine someone (myself included) looking back at SW prequels CGI as "charming". The main problem with CGI as I see it is that it's just only came out of its infancy but its usage was rushed while the technology wasn't perfected yet. Practical effects, on the other hand, had about half a century worth of development when SW OT was made and were really darn good

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2021, 05:48:51 AM
There's a number of ropey things in the battle in ROTJ that become more obvious as home media gets better and better.  Considering all the work Lucas did, I'm surprised they weren't fixed.

Well, that's whole another can of worms, isn't it ?

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM
just state anything and everything you hate
Catheter insertion. And reliving the sensation of catheter insertion.

Immortan Jonesy

I think I need therapy, cos sometimes I am very...very...misanthropic. Even on the internet.  :laugh:

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 14, 2021, 08:17:42 PM
Whole "CGI vs practical effects" debate.

"Oooh, look at it, it has so much more soul in it 'cause it was made by HANDS ! Oooooh! CGI is so easy, it's only pushing buttons, that's why it's so cold and lifeless! Practical effects take so much more time and effort ! OOOH !"

Just use what's more appropriate for each particular case, goddamit

And what are the debates that Kradanism approves of and enjoys?

Immortan Jonesy

Cognitive dissonance, cruelty, hypocrisy, jealousy, double standards, homophobia.

Huggs

Huggs

Diarrhea

It's so selfish.

BigDaddyJohn

Botched blowjobs  :'(

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 15, 2021, 09:45:08 PM
I think I need therapy, cos sometimes I am very...very...misanthropic. Even on the internet.  :laugh:

You come off as more sunshine and pixie dust most of the time.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 23, 2021, 12:45:38 PM
Botched blowjobs  :'(

I have only experienced lazy, unsatisfying ones ever.

Baron Von Marlon

New tech, compatibility issues, updates,...

Why can these things never be simple.

Xeno Killer 2179

My f**king doorbell is acting like a windows 95 computer. I feel ya.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

These "real fan" dickheads who act as though anyone who dares to criticise/doesn't blindly adore every aspect of a franchise/artist is somehow inferior to them.

SM

SM

It's funny when people use 'real fan' unironically.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed