Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 282,518 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 19, 2014, 02:11:47 PM
Being that the truth lies in the fact you are misrepresenting, without a doubt.

The idiot - you are still feeding it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Sorry, I really shouldn't. lol

I think the new covers are fantastic and the internal art is even better. Any thoughts?

Ultramorph

I like what we've seen so far, but here's some nightmare fuel that popped into my head:

What if the woman (at least I think it's a woman) on the Aliens #1 cover...

is...

Spoiler

Amanda Ripley

:laugh: :laugh:

Try sleeping on that thought.
[close]

SM

SM

Space suits look like a different vintage.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

We can only hope, but it could always be one of her other "descendants."  :laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I was wondering since the Engineers created Fire (Prometheus) perhaps it is not that they wish create Xenomorphs but destroy them?
They see us as a viable host either way so they create us to use the black mutagen to create weapons to destroy Xenomorphs? A cycle of hubris.

I wonder will the comic touch on relationships between the species in that manner, not explicitly but hint.

happypred

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:41:03 PM
The idiot - you are still feeding it.

Says the 50 year old coward with 39,000 posts

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 22, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
I like what we've seen so far, but here's some nightmare fuel that popped into my head:

What if the woman (at least I think it's a woman) on the Aliens #1 cover...

is...

Spoiler

Amanda Ripley

:laugh: :laugh:

Try sleeping on that thought.
[close]

Whoa, MIND BLOWN. :o

Ultramorph

In an interview with Comics Beat, Paul Tobin said that Prometheus, and we can assume the other series, will not be starting in June as was initially thought.

http://comicsbeat.com/bandettes-coover-and-tobin-talk-about-digital-comics-going-into-print-interview/

QuoteBRUCE: I know Paul has the new Prometheus comic scheduled for release in June. I would assume Dark Horse is kind of feeling the heat in regards to licensed properties now that Star Wars is no longer theirs. How has the experience been so far? It must take quite a change of mental pace to go imaginatively from Bandette's whimsical Paris to the rather grim planet LV-223! And that is not a cross-over I would want to see! ;)

PAUL: It's going to be later than June, because we want to match some things up, but... yeah, it's been a blast. I'm working with three other local writers on the project, each with our own book. There's me on the lead title, Prometheus, and then Chris Roberson on Aliens, and Josh Williamson on Predator, and Chris Sebela on Aliens vs. Predator. It's great because we're all local, and all friends, so we can get together a lot, talk about the project and eat cake. As far as the change of mental pace between projects, I'm really all over as a general rule. I just finished an Adventure Time series, a Plants vs. Zombies project, a whole bunch of writing for Angry Birds, and of course Bandette, and that's all fairly light-hearted material. At the same time, I'm working on my Colder horror series, and Prometheus, and the Witcher comics for Dark Horse... all much darker. My upcoming novels are much the same: you'll see some humor titles, and then some darker material. I actually find it easier to work in several areas. It keeps my brain bouncing, moving from one project to the next, so that I don't grow stale and predictable.

That's a shame. Hopefully the comics don't get pushed back too far.

Back to the nightmare fuel, what if the things Tobin mentions they want to match up are Amanda Ripley/Alien: Isolation related?  ;)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 04, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
Back to the nightmare fuel, what if the things Tobin mentions they want to match up are Amanda Ripley/Alien: Isolation related?  ;)

I hope not. I sincerely hope not.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 04, 2014, 01:20:26 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 04, 2014, 12:27:13 AM

I hope not. I sincerely hope not.

The math is sort of against us. All the other 35th anniversary merchandise coming out this year, whether it's figures or books or video games, has a Ripley connection. It wouldn't shock me if Fox forced DH to shoe-horn in a Ripley.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 04, 2014, 01:26:17 AM
The math is sort of against us. All the other 35th anniversary merchandise coming out this year, whether it's figures or books or video games, has a Ripley connection. It wouldn't shock me if Fox forced DH to shoe-horn in a Ripley.

....Ripley, Ripley, Ripley!

Damn, enough Ripley! I get that she is an important character in the Alien stories but for everything to focus on Ellen and Amanda? Just makes me shake my head and think that if they're jumping the shark... again.

SM

SM

Yeah because all the comics have done for the last 25 years is focus entirely on Ripley...

Ultramorph

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2014, 01:41:25 AM
Yeah because all the comics have done for the last 25 years is focus entirely on Ripley...

That's beside the point, given that we're talking about the Ripley focus of the various tie-ins coming out this year. People do have a right to think it's a bit gratuitous

I would also like to reiterate that I'm just playing devil's advocate with the idea of a Ripley being in the new DH comics. We'll have to wait and see.

SM

SM

Why is it gratuitous?  It's obviously a cross media project of sorts to tie everything together.

People moan about the comics and novels, then they do something different and people still moan.

Imagine that...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed