Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 437,906 times)

BishopShouldGo

To quote Danny from P2, "this is not good Mike."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 17, 2016, 11:14:59 AM
I don't know why he's not offering this to Russell Crowe.  He'd need to get in shape but he has the intensity and screen presence in his performances. He's also around the same age as Del Toro.

They'd probably have to pay him really big bucks and even then he might well refuse. As Huda mentioned in another thread, this is not exactly the kind of movie that A-listers will flock to.

He was apparently also quite a handful on Scott's movies. Not sure how he got along with Black on his last film though.

Darkoo

Quote#ThePredator from Shane Black & #LetTheRightOneIn from #TeenWolf showrunner Jeff Davis start filming this week
https://twitter.com/WhatsFilming/status/788015514488545280

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 04:36:24 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Oct 17, 2016, 11:14:59 AM
I don't know why he's not offering this to Russell Crowe.  He'd need to get in shape but he has the intensity and screen presence in his performances. He's also around the same age as Del Toro.

They'd probably have to pay him really big bucks and even then he might well refuse. As Huda mentioned in another thread, this is not exactly the kind of movie that A-listers will flock to.

He was apparently also quite a handful on Scott's movies. Not sure how he got along with Black on his last film though.

Well he made a lot of movies with Ridley so I assume they must have gotten on.
But more to the point did he get on with Black when they made The Nice Guys?

BishopShouldGo

Crowe and Gosling had a blast with Black. Russell really isn't a problem guy lol.

And of course they'd have to pay him big bucks. Fox knows this. Fox said YES when Shane asked if they would be willing to spend major bucks on the movie.

I guess we just have bad luck with this movie. But seriously Shane. Enlist Crowe or Gosling stat.

overthere

While I don't particularly care, it would have been more epic if some big names were attached to this movie. Shame.

Corporal Hicks

I asked someone else at the event if he spoke about The Predator and the reply was this:

QuoteYes, but very briefly. He mentioned convincing Joel Silver to put him in first one and he leaves in 2 weeks for Canada 2 shoot it

https://twitter.com/BettinaFisher11/status/788016144166768640

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 17, 2016, 05:31:37 PM

There were some stories going around of a falling-out between him and Scott on their last movie together. Not sure about the veracity of those rumours since Crowe recently appeared at both Ridley's Walk of Fame Star ceremony and the American Cinematheque award presentation.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 05:46:53 PM
But seriously Shane. Enlist Crowe or Gosling stat.

Gosling is in the middle of filming Blade Runner 2. It's gonna be a bitch shuttling back and forth between Budapest and Vancouver every day.

QuoteRussell really isn't a problem guy lol.

Maybe you need to read-up a bit about the making of Gladiator?

overthere

Shooting starts in 2 weeks. Excellent. Fred Dekker said more announcements soon, so I guess we'll know the cast by the end of 2 weeks.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2016, 09:37:29 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Oct 17, 2016, 05:31:37 PM

There were some stories going around of a falling-out between him and Scott on their last movie together. Not sure about the veracity of those rumours since Crowe recently appeared at both Ridley's Walk of Fame Star ceremony and the American Cinematheque award presentation.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 05:46:53 PM
But seriously Shane. Enlist Crowe or Gosling stat.

Gosling is in the middle of filming Blade Runner 2. It's gonna be a bitch shuttling back and forth between Budapest and Vancouver every day.

QuoteRussell really isn't a problem guy lol.

Maybe you need to read-up a bit about the making of Gladiator?

Gladiator was filmed 17 years ago.

So push it back until Gosling is done. BR2 is almost done. This is a studio that was willing to wait until February.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 09:47:39 PM
Gladiator was filmed 17 years ago.

He's still the same person.

QuoteSo push it back until Gosling is done. BR2 is almost done. This is a studio that was willing to wait until February.

BR2 was also delayed. It still has quite a way to go.

BishopShouldGo

Okay. Well I'm just perplexed as to how they can't snag anyone. Even Hardy. It's a situation I marvel yet.

Yes Bradley Cooper, go film War Dogs but not take part in a Shane Black movie. Amazing.

EDIT: I also saw on Twitter a couple of weeks ago from the scoop guy(Jeff Sneider) saying MARK RUFFALO was also approached. Would've been amazing.

Master

@Bishop

It's quite obvious to me, you don't have a clue for right actor as lead in predator. I remember your Efron proposition. Now Gosling and Cooper? OMG...

BishopShouldGo

There isn't a "right actor" for a Predator film. But I can't think of choices more erroneous than the likes that others have suggest ad infinitum: Karl Urban, Gerard Butler, Dolph Lundgren, Michael Biehn, et al. Any has-been(Biehn), non box office draw(all of the aforementioned), one hit wonder, or C-grade action star should be nowhere near Predator. They'd dilute the quality and would actually need the movie, and would be begging to even serve coffee on the set.

The whole point of being an actor is having a diverse oeuvre, doing drama and comedy, etc. Gosling is awesome, and especially so in DRIVE. Cooper is awesome, and especially so in AMERICAN SNIPER. And they can actually open movies. Especially Cooper.

Guys, there hasn't been a "macho man" Predator movie since the original movie. The movies since have been anything but the 'sweat n' muscles' conceit.

Give me actual actors with actual gravitas over these John Cena recommendations any day. Heck, get Dwayne Johnson. He's too obvious a choice and doesn't have gravitas but he can open a movie and would be appreciated at this point.

overthere

overthere

I hope all these actors who declined the role regret it when the movie comes out. I too would love if this movie had the star power behind it. It would have been great to be able to say "wanna go see the new Predator? Ben Affleck is in it". But we'll see. There may be some surprises here that we're unaware of.

If the story is good and the characters are well written, it doesn't matter who's in it, the movie can carry itself. At least it's certain the coolest character is in this movie: Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed