Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 400,006 times)

The Replacement

Quote from: razeak on Nov 28, 2019, 05:25:41 PM
The ebay prices really arent bad. I'm kind of surprised. There must not be much demand after all of us blew hundreds on the last two sales lol.
Yeah the prices were great to be honest. And I'm delighted I got the products because I think they'll become quite rare and hard to get pretty soon.
There are a few more models I want to get, maybe a wee Christmas present to myself ;). I need to get the APC, Queen Alien, Eggs, facehuggers , Royal Guard, Evolved Warriors....it's going to be expensive XD

The Old One

The Old One

Enjoy! I have enough expensive things to buy as it is.

razeak

I'm in this huge remodel project on my home was well as coaching middle school wrestling. I can't wait to get back to painting.

The Old One

The Old One

I know that feeling.

razeak

I opened up the drop ship. Cancerblack nailed it. That is going to be a nightmare to fit.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Dec 18, 2019, 02:54:27 AM
I opened up the drop ship. Cancerblack nailed it. That is going to be a nightmare to fit.

Spoiler
I can't lie to you about your chances
[close]

razeak

I'm going to practice on that APC. It has some issues too.

On that dropship, one of the folding missile pods is a bit short. I would have to hack the hull or the pod pretty heavily to get it to fit. Total bummer. It wouldn't' be much of an issue if it didn't' unfold, but it would show when deployed.

Also, no certificate of authenticity, and the stenciling on the box wasn't done near as well as the ones I've seen pics of.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Dec 18, 2019, 04:58:42 PM
I'm going to practice on that APC. It has some issues too.

Tell me about it, I had a bunch of replacement parts sent for mine.

QuoteOn that dropship, one of the folding missile pods is a bit short. I would have to hack the hull or the pod pretty heavily to get it to fit. Total bummer. It wouldn't' be much of an issue if it didn't' unfold, but it would show when deployed.

It's short, but needs reducing? I'm not clear on that one.

QuoteAlso, no certificate of authenticity, and the stenciling on the box wasn't done near as well as the ones I've seen pics of.

Same on my end. The certificates stopped when they went over their stated limit of 1000 units, and I think everyone who bought during a big sale got a lazy stencil.

razeak

razeak

The missile pod that folds down on top of the other is too short for the space it is supposed to occupy, so the bottom inside corner of the pod lays on the top of the hull when you try to close it. The cutout that allows it to lay down on top of the other one is about 3/8 of an inch. I'll have to reduce both to get it to fit. I wish I had opened the box when I received it, but I put it aside meaning to do so later, and hadn't looked at it since.  I took a shot in the dark and emailed customer service. You never know. They might have one lying around.

My APC will go together, but will need a lot of sanding. The area where the monitors meet between the two halves is warped. I've read about using warm water to take warping out.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, boiling water can both return resin to its intended shape after warping, and also can be used to warp janky pieces into a better shape. I'd suggest trying it on the dropship pod/strut that's out of whack. As I said a ways back though, pretty much any large resin kit like this will require shitloads of fixing, ranging from boiling water to hacksaws and gap filler.

razeak

So frustrated. I have the APC fitted and went to.paint the top and it got tacky after a few brush strokes. It looks like ass.

I don't understand. It's a new bottle of Vallejo and I thinned it out proper.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Dec 19, 2019, 03:14:09 AM
So frustrated. I have the APC fitted and went to.paint the top and it got tacky after a few brush strokes. It looks like ass.

I don't understand. It's a new bottle of Vallejo and I thinned it out proper.

What'd you prime the surface with?

razeak

razeak

The primer is what got tacky. I was able to strip it last night. I'll try a coat again tonight and if it does it again, I'm going to toss the bottle and get another one. For prep I washed the parts in water like they recommend.

This is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Black-Primer-Acry-Poly-200ml/dp/B004BMZVMK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=vallejo+primer&qid=1576789981&sr=8-3

[cancerblack]

I'd say, go for a spray primer, especially on a model with so much smooth space on it. I'd also recommend avoiding the Vallejo spray primer for this, I found it also reacted to the Prodos material by curing to a sticky finish that I had trouble keeping on. Army Painter black spray is very good when it's good, but can be a little unreliable. Citadel is stupidly expensive, but I've also never had problems with it for resin models.

razeak

I finished the Alien King. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm probably going to go back and work on the highlights for my crusher.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed