AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009

Started by XenoVC, Jul 22, 2009, 09:05:36 AM

Author
AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009 (Read 129,258 times)

Sylizar

Hmm, awesome cover, but the fact they seem to be using Aliens as weapons strikes me as odd.

El Pistolero

The Doctor in Aliens: Labyrinth got it to tame an Alien Drone. I think the Predators have over 4000 Years experience with the Aliens, they use Queens to get Eggs and have a very advanced technology. When everyone can tame Aliens, than the Predators  ;)

SiL

SiL

Tamed? Dude needed a full body rig covered in electric prods to take it for a "walk". The second they weren't covered in restraints or electrified they were tearing people to pieces.

These Predators have them on a leash.

It's kind'a hard being an Alien fan and taking issue with AvPR, when it's based on source material that has this horseshit in it.

Mr. Domino

Ah, SiL. Tactful as always.

(He does realize the book doesn't come out till January, right?)

Dallas

I'm going to try very hard to reserve judgement until I actually read this. But the cover is confusing (although the art is 1st rate).

Corporal Hicks

Are we shocked though? Aliens aren't exactly the best represented in the AvP comics.

bobby brown

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 26, 2009, 01:31:47 AM
Ah, SiL. Tactful as always.

(He does realize the book doesn't come out till January, right?)

so you think this is the first time?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2009, 09:43:12 PM
Are we shocked though? Aliens aren't exactly the best represented in the AvP comics.
Shocked, no.

Disappointed, yes.

SM

SM

QuoteI noticed that, but I'm reserving judgment till I can see it in context.

The only context this could work is where the Aliens go "Muthaf**ka try and put a chain on me?" *chomp*

The 'branding' on the forehead reminds me of the end of Aliens Book 2, which ended exactly in the way it should've.

Mr. Domino

And I have a feeling this will be similar. [meaningless conjecture] I think we'll probably still have a bit of Pred feuding going on come January, and one of those two factions (the one we're not supposed to be rooting for) is going to be stupid and try to tie aliens to their sleigh, so that they can give presents to all the good little Yautja boys and girls. However, the queen only allows them to do this so long as they keep her locked up, so when she escapes, there is much Santa Predator gore everywharz. [/meaningless conjecture]

Xenomrph

Well hot damn, I figured they'd eventually do more AvP comics, but I didn't realize we'd get news of it so soon. Having the same writer onboard for all 3 series should at least allow for some internal consistency, if not some clever crossover/plot reference stuff.

Yautja117

Looks cool, if abit stupid. Besides, how offten do the covers reflect what is on the inside, art or story wise? Pretty rarely.

Xenomrph

Case in point: "Predator: Homeworld". :P

The One and Only

In Aliens:Rogue the mad scientist behind that particular operation had several genetically engineered xenomorphs that would come to him via an electronic signal like a dog whistle. And then the dude was able to walk up ,and the pet the scary buggers. I could see the Predators breeding them, like the ones in the AVP flicks for faster growth. Maybe there is a caste of Wrangler Preds in charge breeding better Aliens to hunt, or developing methods of keeping the Aliens from getting too out of control on hunts. Or else, more likely, the Pred just has the Aliens on chains so he looks more macho to his posse. 

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy - You finally revealed the new Aliens vs Predator series at SDCC. Three World War. We know John Arcudi is writing it but what else can you tell us?

Chris Warner - Actually, John won't be writing the series after all, but luckily Randy Stradley will be, who wrote the original series and who, I think, has a better handle on AVP than anyone else. Randy was actually the first person I offered AVP to, and fortunately when John had to bow out, Randy stepped up. Much as I love working with John, I've wanted to work with Randy again on a series forever, since I honestly believe he's one of the best writers in all of comics. And with Rick Leonardi pencilling, one of my all-time favorite comics artists, I think the series is going to kick ass big time.

AvPGalaxy - And why the subtitle for AvP when you didn't have any for the other two?

Chris Warner - Both Aliens and Predator are leading into AVP, which has never happened before, so we see it as a major event. When Dirk Wood, our Director of Marketing, suggested the title, I just couldn't not use it.

AvPGalaxy - The most recent AvP comics have been digest style novels - Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beasts. Will Three World War be serialized like the Aliens and Predator or be a digest novel?

Chris Warner - It's a six-issue comic-book series.

AvPGalaxy - Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beasts all played very heavily on the AvP movies. And from the the artwork released, it looks like Three World War will be?

Chris Warner - Not really. The story takes place in the future, so it doesn't have a direct connection to the AVP films. But there are definite tie-ins to our very first AVP series.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=site&section=interview_chris_warner

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed